[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hey whiterockxx, I've been going over your minmaxed Hatred build.

Looks like you need to hit level 96 and enlighten 4 with at least 5 jewels with 2% reservation efficiency. All of that seems feasible.

How difficult was it for you to find a usable helm with 30% Purity of Elements improved reservation? That would seem to require a large number of runs of uber lab (especially as there's no double enchant prophecy now), or a difficult and expensive crafting job on a Hubris base.

The alternative appears to be to give up Discipline until all of the parts come together at level 96. Agreed?
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 15, 2022, 9:14:22 PM
@Graiaule

I usually buy a Hubris with the hatred or purity enchant. Than I use perfect fossils to make it 30%, than span Deaf Spite essences until hit 250+ ES, a Single +35% resist and a free suffix (sometimes use few annulments ), then use a hunters exalted to hit +%int. doing it on a 75-79 ilvl helm is 100% chance to hit % int, and 50% for T1 (10%).
To me, its the cheapest way to have a good helm.
Its a humble ES helm, but is enought.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
@Graiaule

I usually buy a Hubris with the hatred or purity enchant. Than I use perfect fossils to make it 30%, than span Deaf Spite essences until hit 250+ ES, a Single +35% resist and a free suffix (sometimes use few annulments ), then use a hunters exalted to hit +%int. doing it on a 75-79 ilvl helm is 100% chance to hit % int, and 50% for T1 (10%).
To me, its the cheapest way to have a good helm.
Its a humble ES helm, but is enought.

Shit, I was hoping there was a better way. Agreed on the ilvl 75-79, but didn't that make it really hard to find the enchant? Presumably, people would not bother to put that enchant except on ilvl 84+ helms...

Don't knock your helm, it's exactly what you needed.

Huh, it's easier to roll the helm than I thought. An average of 14 spites to hit T2 or T1 to max ES.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 16, 2022, 12:36:06 AM
Out of curiosity, any ideas on making the painful scion levelling experience better?

1. Learn how to use Galvanic Field/Lightning conduit/Overcharge until we get just before the Heart of Ice cluster. Hmm, Arc's not available to scions until act 3.

2. Do SRS/Melee splash/Zombies

3. No mines for me, trust me. I've tried.

4. ??

Just have to get to 33 expeditiously and then we can relax.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 16, 2022, 4:17:04 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
Out of curiosity, any ideas on making the painful scion levelling experience better?

1. Learn how to use Galvanic Field/Lightning conduit/Overcharge until we get just before the Heart of Ice cluster. Hmm, Arc's not available to scions until act 3.

4. ??

Just have to get to 33 expeditiously, and then we can relax.

It's just two acts until you get before the cold cluster. You might as well corpse spam them in soft-core. You can't equip the staff until lvl 33 anyway, which is generally around the start or middle of act 3.

Go with Spark, spec into the lightning cluster and when you get the staff, respec into ice. You'll probably not get Whispering ice on lvl 33 on league start this league, considering the unique changes. Btw, you don't even need those cold passives.

https://youtu.be/nUgBtH4CWdg
Last edited by Sixtysan on Aug 16, 2022, 4:55:13 AM
savee
"
Graiaule wrote:

4. ??

Just have to get to 33 expeditiously and then we can relax.

Wintertide Brand, just path over and grab the Brand master for "attach to new enemy every time they activate"

Edit: just checked, as the tree sits only takes lvl 15 to get brand reattach, then you are off to the races, until then the brand does decent damage with self cast.
Last edited by NCCIntrepid on Aug 16, 2022, 3:16:17 PM
"
NCCIntrepid wrote:

Wintertide Brand, just path over and grab the Brand master for "attach to new enemy every time they activate"

Edit: just checked, as the tree sits only takes lvl 15 to get brand reattach, then you are off to the races, until then the brand does decent damage with self cast.

Thanks -- I'll give it a shot. I'm planning the following links until I get the staff -- comments welcome

Wintertide Brand - Controlled Destr - Elem Focus - swift affliction - inspiration - hypothermia

Discipline - clarity - Purity of elem

arcane surge - frost bomb

frostblink

% spell damage and/or +1 to level of all cold spells

the usual freezing pulse until I hit 12 and get the brand.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 17, 2022, 1:40:34 AM
You expecting to get a 6link before a whispering ice staff? :o
Is that good or bad luck then? :D
"
Tides5 wrote:
You expecting to get a 6link before a whispering ice staff? :o
Is that good or bad luck then? :D

What you mean? That Brutus is not dropping Tabula Rasa to you every league start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info