[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
RaGe0uS wrote:

Requiring Enlighten 4 for a build to be viable is Ludacris on it's face. Shits too expensive on top of all of the other expensive crap this build needs at end game.

As others have said, it's not required. I was just theorycrafting. We will adapt our auras when the time comes (basically when the new PoB is released.)

I took out the 15% reservation and turned off clarity and was more or less able to play as is with enlighten 3. So with 6% mana reservation we should be okay (from jewels.)

By the way, enlighten 4 should be obtained via divination cards. Doing that saved about 2ex during the sentinel league.
Now that patch notes have released anybody got a loot filter they use while levelling I can steal for practice runs , thanks in advance this would really help me out for practice runs and league start . Also slightly of point but icicle mines I don't get because the damage seems low considering form act 1-3 were not getting much from the tree and so wouldn't storm blast be better with orb of storms or is levelling till act 3 more item dependant where you try and keep up with wands with added damage to spells and then act 3 if you don't have a chaos orb / equivalent you farm the league mechanic for the staff then its smooth sailing ?
@Gamerking1000: generally speaking it's painful to level up as scion. I've always given up on mines and switched back to freezing pulse and just plink, plink, plink the monsters. The int nodes and the cold damage cluster do help, as does +1 to cold level and high spell damage wands. Added lightning damage too.

What I finally figured out two leagues ago was that it was worth using frost bomb also as a fire and forget on the trash (3L and then 4L until I got the staff.)

Basically it sucks until level 33 or you get the staff.

whiterockx's approach is to stick with orb of storms/spark/arc and also choose spell damage passives. However, his approach burns your respec points.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 12, 2022, 4:29:14 AM
I wonder... the Trickster ascendancy looks so good, Whispering Ice would be crazy good defensively if built on Trickster, wouldn't it.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Got a skill tree example to work from? :D
Trickster has potential for sure, just have to solve Stun Immunity, as we don't get that from the Occultist Scion node anymore.
"
DeWile wrote:
Trickster has potential for sure, just have to solve Stun Immunity, as we don't get that from the Occultist Scion node anymore.

I had to use five corrupted jewels to get 100% stun immunity on my WI witch build. That's fine since I had the space available.

However, with the mana reservation changes, WI builds are going to need the 2% improved mana reservation corrupts instead. So stun immunity will be a problem (I spent 10 days played trying to find the Harvest craft for 15% stun immunity on cluster jewels, and did not succeed. Nor did I find a good Hubris with int, high ES, and a useful mana reservation enchant.)

So I think this league, it's scion for WI.
One thing no one's mentioned is that the staff may actually be much harder to find and thus be way more expensive. AFAIK, the drop rate of ALL uniques are adjusted.
"
Graiaule wrote:
One thing no one's mentioned is that the staff may actually be much harder to find and thus be way more expensive. AFAIK, the drop rate of ALL uniques are adjusted.

I hope it dont.I think that there are 5 sets of cards that can give a The whispering ice, and since its not one of rebalanced unics on this patch the drop rate probably will be the same.
everyone ready for 3.19 boyzz? :D :D

max roll items would be crazy expensive due to divine issues. do snipe them ASAP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info