[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Sixtysan wrote:
"
hi whiterocks

I saw youre build variation as grainaule wrote about it. Can you tell me what is the benefit above the standard version ? I played last league the wich version and love the profane bloom effect as it makes clearing so much easyer. With scion its not possible (ok i get stun immunity but there are other ways to get them as wich).
Perhaps a small pro and con would be really fine, as i dont know what to play next league and dont like to make 2 chars. I prefere playing one char the whole league and optimise them

Tankfully waiting on a reply :-)

The biggest advantage of scion is full curse immunity, free conseq ground without a flask, more passive points and the fact that you can choose whatever ascendancy passive you want with the duo jewels, so you can get Raider's free phasing frenzy/onslaught (really useful when you move so fast). Elementalist's reflet imunity +20% exposure or new Mastery damage multiplier + ES leech from Trickster.

How does it give full curse immunity? I see that it can mitigate a lot of it. Maybe I'm missing something.

50% from Conseq 30% from pantehon and If you really want you can get another 18% from Asylum. 80-98% is for me curse immunity considering the effect it has on your character.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Aug 18, 2022, 10:53:36 AM
Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. This will be a whole new style of character for me so I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into as I usually only build one character a league.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
@zuuule

Inquisitor ascendency + flask with less curse effect or Inquisitor + pantheon

Obs.: Consecrated ground reduce 50% the effect of curses on you

Oh yeah, I completely forget about the flask.
"
@grainaule

is that a special playing style to get 6 challenges every league ? b

Yes, my style is the RNG style -- just to play without even knowing what the challenges are. I usually end up nearly completing a lot of them anyway.
Uuuh, updating in progress. The HYPE! Thanks for the hard work Kelvynn
Updated for 3.19

Not much changes in 3.19. 15% Mana Reservation mastery is gone. But that's not a big deal for the Ascendant version. Discipline and Clarity reservation masteries provide more than enough mana for leveling and budget mapping/bossing. And at the high end you have so much mana that you don't even need those.

Doedre's Scorn got changed and lost its curse damage mods, so it's no longer quite as good for leveling. Whatever.

Trickster is now another good option for Forbidden Flesh/Flame. 12-15% more damage from the 5-6 Masteries we use, plus it lets you ignore monster haste mods.

Added a link to the Occultist version and a bunch of uber boss videos from 3.18.

Oh, and the new Trickster looks like a lot of fun. ES overleech! And even more defenses (evasion). The damage in PoB looks on par with the Ascendant. I think I'll play a Trickster in 3.19 just for fun.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 18, 2022, 3:57:13 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Updated for 3.19

Not much changes in 3.19. 15% Mana Reservation mastery is gone. But that's not a big deal for the Ascendant version. Discipline and Clarity reservation masteries provide more than enough mana for leveling and budget mapping/bossing. And at the high end you have so much mana that you don't even need those.

Doedre's Scorn got changed and lost its curse damage mods, so it's no longer quite as good for leveling. Whatever.

Trickster is now another good option for Forbidden Flesh/Flame. 12-15% more damage from the 5-6 Masteries we use, plus it lets you ignore monster haste mods.

Added a link to the Occultist version and a bunch of uber boss videos from 3.18.

Oh, and the new Trickster looks like a lot of fun. ES overleech! And even more defenses (evasion). The damage in PoB looks on par with the Ascendant. I think I'll play a Trickster in 3.19 just for fun.

Arent monster hasted increased attack/movespeed and not action speed. As I understand it trickster only caps action speed
"
Larloch1821 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Updated for 3.19

Arent monster hasted increased attack/movespeed and not action speed. As I understand it trickster only caps action speed

A character's action speed determines the relative rate at which its animations play, thereby affecting the overall speed that their actions are performed. All of the character's actions that have an animated component are affected by their action speed. This includes moving, attacking, casting spells, throwing traps and mines, shouting warcries, summoning totems, and recovering from stuns.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Updated for 3.19

Glad to see you're playing this league again Kelvynn, I also PoB'd it with trickster and while the extra defensive layer looked nice (30% chance to evade just from helmet, ES overleech and es on kill) we are losing stun immunity, perma conc ground and everything else scion gives, for me it shows as if Scion has 25% more damage than Trickster using the cluster tree.

I feel like for me the choice is between witch and scion, I have a feeling Scion is the winner here despite Witch having 10% more damage and profane bloom, with the reservation nerfs it will be much harder to get it going,
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 18, 2022, 4:37:59 PM
Thats disappointing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info