[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Found the porcupines! T16 Terrace map AL8, and it even happened to have a nice pack size and Vulnerability. Half of them got exploded by the 25% Profane Bloom and thus didn't do their normal explosion. Others did their own explosion but it wasn't really dangerous. I eventually got myself killed by standing in big packs and looking for them to non-Profane explode. But that was really asking for it. Other than that, I got a few micro-stuns but nothing really serious.

Thing with Profane Bloom is, it should be really nice for leveling and mapping before you have the godly gear. You don't yet 1-shot everything everywhere, so the mobs have a good chance to get cursed. And then BOOM!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 13, 2021, 5:24:15 PM
Did a blighted T15 map. Muahahahaha! Who needs towers?! Profane BOOM and everything is dead!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Did a blighted T15 map. Muahahahaha! Who needs towers?! Profane BOOM and everything is dead!

Damn, this is a very strong argument against Ascendant
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
PoB has been updated with the 3.13 changes.

Here's my best result so far with my Standard gear:
https://pastebin.com/bPbT0ALK

- Broke 3k Int on Occultist with a godly 2-mod amulet.
- Maxing resist proved to be not too hard, it's just a matter of getting the right mods. I even got all resists equal at 75% for the max Wise Oak bonus. And didn't have to help Alira or allocate Ash, Frost & Storm or Faith & Steel. Anointed Cloth & Chain and spent the points on a longer tree.
- Getting just the right amount of Str and Dex also isn't hard. With this tree I didn't even need Practical Application.

Ideally, I would prefer to anoint Lucidity and take Faith & Steel with the 2 points freed up on it. But then I would need to find 4% all res somewhere.

No reason to min-max too much on Standard anyway. A lot will depend on the actual items you obtain in the new league. There are many ways to min-max things by switching tree nodes and playing with different jewelry. There is also a jewel slot available for it - the one that has Emperor's Wit in the final version.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 13, 2021, 6:31:05 PM
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Damn, this is a very strong argument against Ascendant

Not for me. Blight is a very niche target these days. It's fun but lacks rewards compared to the more recent league mechanics. Even with the 'lucky' chests, it's way behind Delirium in the reward vs investment.

Still, watching them all explode makes me giggle :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Anointed Cloth & Chain and spent the points on a longer tree.

Isn't Holy Dominion a better anoint for us? We basically get nothing out of the extra evade chance and we have no armor at all.

Might as well get a tiny amount increased damage.
so, i'm guessing that vile ward will still be kinda mandatory for levelling ocultist on a fresh league, right? damage shouldn't be a problem that early
Does someone know if the malediction debuff is even applied via hextouch curses? Because i am pretty sure it is not when using blasphemy.

Would be relatively easy to test in standard with a friend in pvp, but i dont have an occultist in standard sadly.
"
iamSteveO wrote:
Does someone know if the malediction debuff is even applied via hextouch curses? Because i am pretty sure it is not when using blasphemy.

Would be relatively easy to test in standard with a friend in pvp, but i dont have an occultist in standard sadly.

?

see https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malediction

Malediction is an Ascendancy passive skill for the Occultist. It raises the additional curse limit by one, increases the effect of your curses, and causes enemies you curse to have Malediction, decreasing their damage and increasing their damage taken. In addition, killing a cursed enemy grants a buff that grants extra chaos damage per curse the killed enemy had based on all sources of non-chaos damage.
I think one of the main reasons going occult is the profane bloom. On Delerious maps , once something pops there is a massive chain reaction and seeing as those mobs have some of the highest HP in the game, it is worth it for sure.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info