[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

My plan is to run a 6L chest with Vortex - Bonechill - Awakened Hextouch + 3 curses, and then link Arcane Surge to Frost Blink + Second Wind.

With this setup, we have a much more reliable tool to apply curses. Yes, Vortex has a cooldown and a rather small area, but the fact you can cast it while channeling means you can hold the button down and have it spam around you while spinning. Seems to me like a much more elegant solution than CwDT + Ball Lightning.

Also, we'll have a slightly higher Arcane Surge, since Frost Blink + Arcane Surge + Second Wind has a higher mana cost then Vortex + Bonechill. Frost Blink also doesn't interrupt channeling, so it can be used in fights where you don't need to move around to simply reapply the arcane surge without losing DPS (and for fights where moving around is needed, Arcane Surge should never drop).

Running this setup also means we can keep the same auras and have them as extra defense layers.
fired up my old char in std and removed some items to get int to a realistic 2100 or so.. and noticed the storm limit really shows.. ice is drizzling rather than raining.. what if... we replaced one of the dmg links with firestorm.. to get around the nerfed limits.. dmg seems similar... really want to play icestorm again this league
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Last edited by Xirgu on Jan 14, 2021, 8:47:12 AM
"
Ziiyo wrote:
Added:

Assuming we have 3000 mana (Should have more).

If we link Awakened Blasphemy Support + 3 curses + Disciple + lv 4 Enlighten. we have -690 Mana.

We then take 6 passive points on the tree and get sovereignty and the mana reduced node near CI. That takes us to 18% reduced mana and now our mana is -75.

We then take the 20% lab enchant for discipline and we have +75 mana and are in the 'green'

Note:
Awakened Blasphemy Support has a mana reservation of 34% at gem level 1 for each hex curse linked to it, lowered by 1% every two levels (compared to the 35% reservation of Blasphemy Support). At 20% gem quality linked hex curse skills also gain 1 additional level.

This means that we will be above 75 mana as 3 curses are attached in the 6 link to the Awakened Blasphemy.

...sooo with all that said, there are no other auras added i.e. aspect. You can argue that the curses can easily act as a defensive layer BUT are you wanting to go through losing 6 passive points and getting disc helm enchant with max level awakened gem, just to get this going.

Seems like a headache xD

It is even worse than that. You need to spend another 3 passive points or annoinment slot to get Whispers of Doom to be able to place 3 curses.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
Added:

If we link Awakened Blasphemy Support + 3 curses + Disciple + lv 4 Enlighten. we have -690 Mana.

We then take 6 passive points on the tree and get sovereignty and the mana reduced node near CI. That takes us to 18% reduced mana and now our mana is -75.

We then take the 20% lab enchant for discipline and we have +75 mana and are in the 'green'

Note:
Awakened Blasphemy Support has a mana reservation of 34% at gem level 1 for each hex curse linked to it, lowered by 1% every two levels (compared to the 35% reservation of Blasphemy Support). At 20% gem quality linked hex curse skills also gain 1 additional level.

This means that we will be above 75 mana as 3 curses are attached in the 6 link to the Awakened Blasphemy.

...sooo with all that said, there are no other auras added i.e. aspect. You can argue that the curses can easily act as a defensive layer BUT are you wanting to go through losing 6 passive points and getting disc helm enchant with max level awakened gem, just to get this going.

Seems like a headache xD

It is even worse than that. You need to spend another 3 passive points or annoinment slot to get Whispers of Doom to be able to place 3 curses.

Very true!

I actually think @petrus is onto something!

Vortex - Bonechill - Awakened Hextouch + 3 curses seems perfect. You can also run a different support until you get the hextouch.

Edit: I cannot math...
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jan 14, 2021, 10:11:29 AM
"
Ziiyo wrote:

Very true!

I actually think @petrus is onto something!

Vortex - Bonechill - Awakened Hextouch + 3 curses seems perfect. You can also run a different support until you get the hextouch.

Edit: I cannot math...

I don't think Vortex is a good way to spread curses. It has a 1.8 second cooldown and it's limited to the area around you. Ball lighting hits a LOT, and travels cursing a lot more overall. Ball lightning also has great synergy with ES gained on hit Watcher's eyes. by all means give it a shot, but I don't think it will feel as good as ball lightning.
"
Breken wrote:

I don't think Vortex is a good way to spread curses. It has a 1.8 second cooldown and it's limited to the area around you. Ball lighting hits a LOT, and travels cursing a lot more overall. Ball lightning also has great synergy with ES gained on hit Watcher's eyes. by all means give it a shot, but I don't think it will feel as good as ball lightning.

This is the reason why Ball lighting is used with CwDT setup. Benefit of Vortex, and why it is used to proc bonechill and arcane surge, is that it is instant cast. You can cast it without stopping cyclone.

If you want to curse with hextouch without CwTD, I don't think there is a good way to get curses long distance.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
Added:

Note:

Seems like a headache xD

Thanks for the maths :D

I spent whole day on PoB and realized myself it will be hard. However there are always workarounds. I still think that cursing everything around before you get hit is too important to miss out, because you are rolling into the pack and if everyone is slowed, weakened and have reduced resistances, also everyone will have 40% to proc Profane Bloom it is just a lot better than occasionally cursing some monsters with curse on hit setup after you already got hit. Probably will have to go for 2 curses on blasphemy at the league start, but later on there are more options than wasting a lot of points on the tree. I think I can take Whispers of Doom and Charisma as my anointments, maybe buy some int jewels with 1% reduce corruption and get more reduction nodes on clusters instead. Even if I lose a few hundereds of int in the end, I don't think that it will matter that much when you can reach ~2500 int anyway. What do you think will matter more in the end game? 10% of your damage (on paper) or reliable cursing which will also work on bosses, which will also improve your survivability, but also clearspeed (faster and more monsters cursed with frostbite and more profane bloom procs).
"
baal6969 wrote:
I think I can take Whispers of Doom and Charisma as my anointments, maybe buy some int jewels with 1% reduce corruption and get more reduction nodes on clusters instead.

You really don't want to lose out on tranquility anoint if you can help it. That one anoint is around 200% increased damage.
"
baal6969 wrote:
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
Added:

Note:

Seems like a headache xD

I spent whole day on PoB and realized myself it will be hard. However there are always workarounds. I still think that cursing everything around before you get hit is too important to miss out, because you are rolling into the pack and if everyone is slowed, weakened and have reduced resistances, also everyone will have 40% to proc Profane Bloom it is just a lot better than occasionally cursing some monsters with curse on hit setup after you already got hit. Probably will have to go for 2 curses on blasphemy at the league start, but later on there are more options than wasting a lot of points on the tree. I think I can take Whispers of Doom and Charisma as my anointments, maybe buy some int jewels with 1% reduce corruption and get more reduction nodes on clusters instead. Even if I lose a few hundereds of int in the end, I don't think that it will matter that much when you can reach ~2500 int anyway. What do you think will matter more in the end game? 10% of your damage (on paper) or reliable cursing which will also work on bosses, which will also improve your survivability, but also clearspeed (faster and more monsters cursed with frostbite and more profane bloom procs).

tbh - it sounds like too much work for very little gain. We are getting hit all the time and BL goes off a lot, so, you have a lot of things cursed the moment you FLed into the pack.
"
baal6969 wrote:

One reason I can't or don't want to argue about how good effect the curseaura actually is compared to CwDT is, that I have never actually put any attention to how often or how much of the time CwDT keeps enemies cursed. Only that it works.

You want to annoint both Whispers of Doom and Charisma? So no Tranquility? That is lot more than 10% dps loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info