[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

From my perspective, it seems like Profane Bloom for late game might be really good once you can mitigate stuns from passives/etc.

Still, I am likely to choose Vile Bastion at first because I hate stun. I have not played a lot of energy shield characters and it concerns me.
"
TheD1rtyRider wrote:
From my perspective, it seems like Profane Bloom for late game might be really good once you can mitigate stuns from passives/etc.

Still, I am likely to choose Vile Bastion at first because I hate stun. I have not played a lot of energy shield characters and it concerns me.

True, this build is great but when you hit the end game stuff like delerium full , having those pops is amazing!

Going to start occult and mix max as I go but I think the base tree is great.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hi! You guys are for sure making it hard for me! Might League Start with BL ascendant Miner and maybe having WI Occ as second char :)

Looking forward to all the posts during the start!
Finally an Occultist version! Definitely playing this league.
My main question:
Is ball lightning really effective in applying curses?
In this case, we are going to use Profane Bloom, so I guess applying curses to as many enemies and as fast as possible is even more important. So maybe lets use blasphemy instead?
Also wouldn't it be a great additional layer of defense to compensate our lack of stun immunity we all concerned about? Now imagine every monster in the pack you cyclone in is already cursed before they have a chance to hit you, instead they get cursed when they already hit you and trigger your cwdt and possibly stun you? With enfeeble and temporal chains on blasphemy and aspect of spider the monsters would be so slow they wouldn't have a chance to hit you most of the time before you kill. And possibly trigger Profane Bloom to kill the pack faster! Also we have increased effect of our curses and additional curse anyway, why not try to use its full potential? We can even possibly get 3d curse with 3 point investment or anoint.
I have a feeling 3 curses + aspect of spider would make this build really shine, since we are going Occultist, we should act as Occultist! Lets drop all the Flesh and Stone Ascendant crap and get our curses to full effect! At least that's what I'm going to do and I am sure this Profane Bloom buff is going to be dope AF.
Last edited by baal6969 on Jan 14, 2021, 6:33:26 AM
"
baal6969 wrote:
Finally an Occultist version! Definitely playing this league.
My main question:
Is ball lightning really effective in applying curses?
In this case, we are going to use Profane Bloom, so I guess applying curses to as many enemies and as fast as possible is even more important. So maybe lets use blasphemy instead?
Also wouldn't it be a great additional layer of defense to compensate our lack of stun immunity we all concerned about? Now imagine every monster in the pack you cyclone in is already cursed before they have a chance to hit you, instead they get cursed when they already hit you and trigger your cwdt and possibly stun you? With enfeeble on blasphemy and aspect of spider the monster would be so slow they wouldn't have a chance to hit you most of the time before you kill. And possibly trigger Profane Bloom to kill the pack faster! Also we have increased effect of our curses and additional curse anyway, why not try to use its full potential? We can even possibly get 3d curse with 3 point investment or anoint.
I have a feeling 3 curses + aspect of spider would make this build really shine, since we are going Occultist, we should act as Occultist! Lets drop all the Flesh and Stone Ascendant crap and get our curses to full effect! At least that's what I'm going to do and I am sure this Profane Bloom buff is going to be dope AF.

Pretty much this, I see so many layers of defense on this build or possible layers. I do not know why we are using flesh and stone and when we are running the premium curse class. We SHOULD not be running cwdt setup to proc, it is not reliable.

I guess people will do what is best for them but imo, running 2X curses permanently seems like a better way to net dps as well as defences.

Going to try make something work this league. I feel that flesh and stone is more situated for a fast paced melee build. (I do not count Cyclone CWC hehe)

Edit: even with ball lightning or orb of storms , still feels clunky. I would rather save those sockets and buttons and add something to this build in place of those links. It can free up a lot. Just depends on how you work it into the build.
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jan 14, 2021, 6:43:31 AM
Well it probably was the best option for Ascendant version (Flesh and Stone and Curses on Hit trough CWDT Ball Lightning). But now it is definitely 2 curses on Blasphemy. I even think 3 curses (Enfeeble, Temporal Chains and Frostbite). Can't wait to try it out! I have a feeling with curses and new Profane Bloom will outshine Ascendant version by a LOT (survivability and clear speed wise). Also don't forget freezing!
Last edited by baal6969 on Jan 14, 2021, 6:49:02 AM
Nice Idea !!!

Maybe you can make a PoB with the other curses ?

I would appriciate it !

Ty in advance !!!

P.s.: Iam rly excited to try this build as league Start. I will push this Occultist to lvl 100 !!!

Maybe as Occultist we should start with different Skills as league start ?
Ore is a miner still good ?
Last edited by Natz1337 on Jan 14, 2021, 7:01:09 AM
"
baal6969 wrote:
Well it probably was the best option for Ascendant version (Flesh and Stone and Curses on Hit trough CWDT Ball Lightning). But now it is definitely 2 curses on Blasphemy. I even think 3 curses (Enfeeble, Temporal Chains and Frostbite). Can't wait to try it out! I have a feeling with curses and new Profane Bloom will outshine Ascendant version by a LOT (survivability and clear speed wise). Also don't forget freezing!

Problem with 3 auracurses and spider is they reserve 130% of your mana. You would need 23% reduction to be able to use them. Enlighten lvl4 and Sovereignty would get you to just 0 mana left. While you can cyclone with 0 mana you would not have enough for movement skills.

Also to be able to use 3 curses you need to get Whispers of Doom. That might be problem because of how hungry this build is for passive points. CwDT gets 3rd curse from awakened hextouch.

That said this is about how conformable you are with less defence. You might be just fine and happy or you might get killed all the time. Or something between. We don't really know right now and I can't really tell how much stronger blasphemy is over hextouch in offence. Now is the best time to test it yourself.
Last edited by Cjin on Jan 14, 2021, 8:14:11 AM
This is a hard one, I have spent sometime now crunching the numbers.

You cannot run 3 curses and discipline (let alone aspect of the spider).

We do not take mana reduced nodes and even with a lab enchant on helm for discipline and enlighten level 4 it is not close to enough. You also do not want to take mana reduced nodes as it will break this build.

The question then becomes do we just keep it ona chain skill like ball lightning with 3 curses or a CWDT setup.

I am looking into the other auras now to replace flesh and stone but so far its most likely only Arctic armour...

I am a bit stumped and may have to agree that if you are not going full out with curses AND mana reserve. If not then it is not worth trying it in this build as you would lose points in vital parts of the tree.

Last edited by Ziiyo on Jan 14, 2021, 8:25:44 AM
Added:

Assuming we have 3000 mana (Should have more).

If we link Awakened Blasphemy Support + 3 curses + Disciple + lv 4 Enlighten. we have -690 Mana.

We then take 6 passive points on the tree and get sovereignty and the mana reduced node near CI. That takes us to 18% reduced mana and now our mana is -75.

We then take the 20% lab enchant for discipline and we have +75 mana and are in the 'green'

Note:
Awakened Blasphemy Support has a mana reservation of 34% at gem level 1 for each hex curse linked to it, lowered by 1% every two levels (compared to the 35% reservation of Blasphemy Support). At 20% gem quality linked hex curse skills also gain 1 additional level.

This means that we will be above 75 mana as 3 curses are attached in the 6 link to the Awakened Blasphemy.

...sooo with all that said, there are no other auras added i.e. aspect. You can argue that the curses can easily act as a defensive layer BUT are you wanting to go through losing 6 passive points and getting disc helm enchant with max level awakened gem, just to get this going.

Seems like a headache xD
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jan 14, 2021, 8:39:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info