[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

they show the new tree but i have no clue how to get into it >.<

so if anyone is smart enuf to deal with this i would love to see the changes
"
pda898 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Against stun, I'll probably try Lucidity first and see if it's enough. If not, then Unwavering Stance.

You have to have 100% stun immunity with cyclone at least for now because in 3.12 it is almost 100% chance to desync you each time when you stunned. And there are no mentions of fixing that in patch notes so idk will it be fixed.

So much this, cyclone is special in the way that it can actually manage to desync you in lockstep which is quite the feat.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Ill be playing it as an occultist but ive played the scion variant in past leagues so that factors into my reasoning.

Dont let stun immunity or resists scare you off though, they are both easily handled, many have posted numerous work arounds for stun and you can always take alira bandit wise for 15% more to every resist.

I threw my old delirium league gear onto an occultist on standard and its fine, tree worked with 121 or 123 points.

https://pastebin.com/6kCRRE9E

Took a look at your build + profile. This is another variant of the build. Do you have any videos for comparison?

-Thanks
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
What do you think about taking alyra early and switching later? Its really not very expensive nowadays. 15% all res can help a lot with early gearing.
Considering Efficacy is level 8 now we can level with creeping frost

I am considering going with Occultist to but i am kinda lost at how to get to end tree, how to build and have the tree when we start mapping
Maybe I'm stupid or something, but why people are concerned about stuns when there is a stun immunity node for occu in form of Vile Bastion?

For me it just looks like a better option than bloom just cause we can get awakened hextouch for penetrating hexproof, and explodey mobs won't explode on bosses without adds.
Do you guys think the new elementalist might work for this? I'm aiming for a high DMG build and definitely without aura stacking (hated the concept even before the nerf). I can imagine it won't be as tanky, but as far as damage goes I can see it work, maybe switching to winter orb later on and using frost bomb for huge exposure/boss dmg. Any thoughts?
There was a question about it on previous pages.
TL;DR Occustist is better
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Thanks for the tip. It's true, when you add everything up it looks like occultist is better than elementalist. DMG wise I disagree with some of the reasoning slightly but it's not good enough to pick it.

Any idea if this build can reach much higher dmg than what is showcased here? I played CoC Ice Nova last league and I'd love it if you could reach that type of dmg with 50-100ex, just because the build is so cool otherwise.
Last edited by NuclearCha0s on Jan 13, 2021, 10:45:59 AM
"
NuclearCha0s wrote:
Thanks for the tip. It's true, when you add everything up it looks like occultist is better than elementalist. DMG wise I disagree with some of the reasoning slightly but it's not good enough to pick it.

I PoBed right now elementalist versus occultist and second is still better damage just because this build do not scale ailment effect at all (and do not have free notables/affxies on gear) so you cannot pick effect and scale both shock and chill at the same time. And without that it is "a little big better buffs with conditions versus constant buffs".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info