[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Tregorn wrote:
Thanks a lot for this awesome build and guide.
I really want to try the occultist variant as league starter.
I started with playing PoE just recently. So this would be my 2nd character.
I would appreciate a (detailed) leveling guide. Maybe as a changed guide from the original. Just the changes for occultist in comparison would suffice, I think.
Any chance for that? Would be awesome.

Kind regards

Well, since I haven't played the Occultist version since 3.5, it's going to be a 're-learning' experience for me too. I'm going to try and make a draft guide with some ideas how to level. Right now there is a more clear design of the end state of the build than how to get there :)

I would assume Frost Bomb + Freezing Pulse to lv 38. Going to check various cold Occultist guides and see how they level. One thing for sure, Witch does a lot more damage early in the game than Scion since she can take all those nice damage passives at her start, and then Heart of Ice. And from there we'll go somewhat similar to the Ascendant, switch to CI around lv 56-58, then keep building the Classic tree, before eventually going Cluster.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 12, 2021, 6:48:50 PM
3.13 update

So the patch notes are out. And they have absolutely nothing that affects this build. I suppose that's a good thing, no nerfs. Although I really hoped that GGG would un-nerf the 5-storm limit.

Ascendant (this) version of the build remains exactly the same. Everything from 3.12 will still work in 3.13.

Occultist (project) version becomes a decent alternative that is harder to gear up but may end up stronger overall. I'm going to try that and create a guide for it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 12, 2021, 6:59:12 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Well, since I haven't played the Occultist version since 3.5, it's going to be a 're-learning' experience for me too. I'm going to try and make a draft guide with some ideas how to level. Right now there is a more clear design of the end state of the build than how to get there :)

I would assume Frost Bomb + Freezing Pulse to lv 38. Going to check various cold Occultist guides and see how they level. One thing for sure, Witch does a lot more damage early in the game than Scion since she can take all those nice damage passives at her start, and then Heart of Ice. And from there we'll go somewhat similar to the Ascendant, switch to CI around lv 56-58, then keep building the Classic tree, before eventually going Cluster.

Consider using Holy Flame Totem too to level up quickly. I used that when I levelled up some summoners in the void leagues, and I was amazed at its damage.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Consider using Holy Flame Totem too to level up quickly. I used that when I levelled up some summoners in the void leagues, and I was amazed at its damage.

It's only available to Templar early. Make a Templar, clear Mud Flats, stash it and make the real character? And then use Str jewelry to keep up with the Str requirements? And combine it with the newly buffed Frost Bomb?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

It's only available to Templar early. Make a Templar, clear Mud Flats, stash it and make the real character? And then use Str jewelry to keep up with the Str requirements? And combine it with the newly buffed Frost Bomb?

No, you can complete Breaking Some Eggs with the Witch and get it. In other words, just progress normally through your build 8-).

Yeah, use a Str affix somewhere to help if you need.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jan 12, 2021, 7:57:29 PM
eager to see and try the occultist version of this build in 3.13.

as a witch, cyclone is avaiable only through siosa before act 5, right?
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
as a witch, cyclone is avaiable only through siosa before act 5, right?

Correct (assuming you don't try to trade for it.)
Very excited to try this build, had my eye on it for last league but did not end up playing.

Quite torn about whether to go with the Scion or the Occultist. The thought of not having stun immunity is concerning and gearing resistances with the trees linked in the last page or two looks tough.

Still, Occultist seems to potentially have some serious benefits (e.g, Malediction, Bloom, and chill immunity) and the level 100 tree is very elegant.

For a returning player (last played in 2018 or so), any thoughts on which is a better option to explore the updated late game?
Ill be playing it as an occultist but ive played the scion variant in past leagues so that factors into my reasoning.

Dont let stun immunity or resists scare you off though, they are both easily handled, many have posted numerous work arounds for stun and you can always take alira bandit wise for 15% more to every resist.

I threw my old delirium league gear onto an occultist on standard and its fine, tree worked with 121 or 123 points.

https://pastebin.com/6kCRRE9E

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Against stun, I'll probably try Lucidity first and see if it's enough. If not, then Unwavering Stance.

You have to have 100% stun immunity with cyclone at least for now because in 3.12 it is almost 100% chance to desync you each time when you stunned. And there are no mentions of fixing that in patch notes so idk will it be fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info