[3.9] Aziire's Venom Gyre Assassin - Dodge & Freeze Everything!

"
Dangly_Parts wrote:
"
holmedog wrote:
Just want to warn others - this build feels like *SHIT* to level. You are far behind on damage, unable to even do Blight. I have pretty common starter gear (Tabula, etc) and am using high dps weapons.

I have not hit the end game with it yet, but will trudge through and do an update. However, I would strongly recommend against this build so far if you want a smooth level experience.

I gave up on this build even after hitting maps. The damage feels quite low, especially for single target. Defenses are a bit subpar (unless you get everything maxed I guess, never got that far) as was utility. It did feel speedy, but for the cost of some of the gear, it's not worth IMO. I made a VG Pathfinder focusing on poison proliferation and DoT, and it felt a lot better, though I still think VG itself is a bit underwhelming as a skill.

What skill do you suggest instead to play with? I don't want to reroll depsite being only level 22, so I'm wondering if I cna just respec into something with crit.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
poe.ninja is showing most assassins ending up with Cobra Lash:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Assassin&skill=Cobra-Lash

Edit -Just to be clear, this is why I feel this build is bad:

* It immediately starts pathing to life nodes on a build with low damage
* It immediately starts pathing to crit nodes on a build where crit would be nice late, but feels awful early game
* The skill converts to chaos damage but we don't do anything with that conversion early in the leveling process
* I'm running best in slot leveling gear and at same level can't clear a Blight pump

I've played lots of "off meta" builds and make at least a couple melee characters every league. This has been one of the worst leveling experiences I've had in a long time. And I did an RF league starter in Synthesis.

Edit2 so as to not keep adding new posts - I switched to a Cobra Lash build and after sucking down 15 regrets to respec it already feels amazing compared to this build. Stuff actually dies in a couple of clicks in A3 as it should.
Last edited by holmedog on Sep 25, 2019, 9:00:22 AM
@holmedog

You are only in Act 3 and absolutely going ham about how "shit" this build is. I even said in the build guide that you should Level with Cobra Lash until at least Act 5 when you can comfortably switch it out as you get Greater Multiple Projectiles and Fork. Venom Gyre feels bad before that, regardless of what you are using alongside it. I had zero problems Levelling with this build as a League Start, and comfortably did from Act 5 to 9 in just a 3 Link Venom Gyre (As I stupidly had Multistrike in there during those times thinking it was helping, even though it isn't a strike skill, pepega moment). Please check the FAQ if you are having problems, or at least give reading the guide a go before shitting on it. I answer the very common questions I get in the forum there, and it should solve 99% of the problems people encounter.

The Life Early is because the damage is insane once you roll with a basic 4 Link (let alone a 6 Link Tabula). I go with Crit nodes early so that we proc Elusive more often, which is a huge source of everything. We don't need to do anything with the Conversion early, it's fairly solid on its own and we can focus on pathing through the tree. The Blight Pumps were awkward when Levelling, at the same time ignore that shit while Levelling it gives no benefit, especially if this is a second character.

@lorenzonil

Awesome to hear you have been playing since League Start, and you have got some sick gear as well! Definitely pushed it further than I did (I burn out very quickly). The build wasn't really designed for these Endgame bosses, more for running Endgame Shaped Maps. That said it is still possible, @tehdonno who has been active in the forum has managed to take Uber Elder down with it, and seemed like he was doing Shaper with ease. Make sure to grab Point Blank as it is quite a lot of extra damage, and possibly even path up to the Life and Energy shield points above the top Claw points we get. I'll be making a boss killer build soon as a lot of people seem to care about that a lot.

@Dangly_Parts

Shame you felt the build was underwhelming. I found the combination of Dodge and Evasion, especially with Elusive to be super Defensive. If you were trying to boss kill then sure it wasn't great, but the build really wasn't meant for that anyway. Glad the Poison Prolif feels good, if I liked Poison I would have definitely given it a shot.

@darciaz

Don't be discouraged by what a lot of these guys are saying. If you read through the guide and the FAQ you should have no problem with the build and shouldn't need to re roll. A lot of the small problems the build can run into, like all builds, are very solvable and I have talked about them all throughout the build.
Last edited by AziiRe on Sep 25, 2019, 10:47:51 AM
@aziire

Thx for the tips. Even though i knew that the build was not intended to make the end game bosses i decided to try to make it possible. I actually only tried to make the uber elder once, maybe my mechanics for this boss were not very good, anyway, i will try again. Thanks for the tips, I will make some changes to the tree and try them out. Good to know you're going to work on a bosskill build, i'll take a look when it comes out.
Hi,

I really like this build. I've now used about 5ex for the items (two 300+ phys dps gemini claws 3,5ex), almost max roll daresso's when I had 5 link prophecy (110c), max roll magnate when I had the prophcy (10c), a jewel and for some jewellery. Now I'm using 6 linked daresso's with a bit worse rolls as I'm trying to link the _good_ one. :)

I've over 4.3k life, reflect maps give no problem. Noregen maps are a bit tough as I have to get mana with whirling blades but they are managable.

I've completed my atlas and now getting level 93 and then try Shaper.

Some said that dps against red elder was bad. I had no problems with t11 elder.

I really liked this as a league starter. Thanks for the build!

So stumbled upon this build, started the league late and decided to play this as my starter. And so far I'm enjoying everything about the build.

My only question atm is, what should i focus on upgrading first.

New claws, pandemonious, or 6L.

Current Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by blindz02 on Sep 28, 2019, 5:52:44 AM
@AziiRe
I am constantly having mana problems. How did you manage to lvl precision to 10 and still keep up with mana?
My character is here under name "pasztetowybaron":
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hustawka2/characters
@hustawka2

I suggest enchant for helmet with reduced mana reservation for Hatred or Herald of Ice and make Precision lvl 1 instead of 3.

I had problems with mana too but not anymore.
@lorenzonil

It's all good. Don't worry my boss mechanics are trash. Not sure when I'll get the next build done, Blight doesn't have my interest that much so it is making it difficult to put in all the hours needed (writing up the guide takes around 20 hours). Awesome to hear that you will check it out when it's done though!

@SageBF

Thanks for following it! I do intend to get some more builds out but I just burn out hard, especially if the League Mechanic isn't as enjoyable.

@blindz02

I would definitely go for some nice Rare Physical Claws as a next upgrade. We are fairly reliant on good Physical Damage in order to really scale the Conversions, so it's always the first spot I look at. Otherwise the rest of your gear is looking really solid for now.

@hustawka2

Precision Level 10 is really only for when you hit Level 95 or higher. I used mine at around Level 5. Just use it at whatever level you can still manage your Mana at, even if it's only Level 1 or 2. It's always a really nice bonus amount of Damage even at very small Levels. Another option is following what pwc1337 said and getting a Helmet Enchant for our Auras.
Thank you Aziire for compiling and sharing this build guide with us. Its nicely structured and well written.

Leveling was nice, even though i used cobra lash until t10 maps because of the vg bug (disconnects). this is not your average faceroll build - for sure. but i like being active and having some sort of challenge while playing. the clearspeed is awesome in my opinion. bosses go down slow but not super slow. Shaper and Uber Elder are done.

for everyone being discouraged by some posts in this thread: try it yourself, if you like trying out new skills in an unpopular fashion. active playstile, melee and range in combination + shatters. its pretty cheap aswell.

best of luck and have fun
Last edited by misery86 on Oct 9, 2019, 12:07:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info