3.8| Stress Free PoE - DEADITOR, "EH"? |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Thanks for responding.
The caustic arrow was actually on a ranged totem I was using in a desperate attempt to get more damage. My bow had EH plus the other recommended gems. However, I did follow the other poster's ideas and swapped out a couple for FA and Pierce. It jumped my dps up, but I still failed on many encounters.

Sometimes, and for some people, builds just don't work out. My playstyle (or lack thereof) and bows just don't seem to jibe.

So, thanks again. And enjoy Blight!
"
Ciarre wrote:
Thanks for responding.
The caustic arrow was actually on a ranged totem I was using in a desperate attempt to get more damage. My bow had EH plus the other recommended gems. However, I did follow the other poster's ideas and swapped out a couple for FA and Pierce. It jumped my dps up, but I still failed on many encounters.

Sometimes, and for some people, builds just don't work out. My playstyle (or lack thereof) and bows just don't seem to jibe.

So, thanks again. And enjoy Blight!

Hi Ciarre. There's two relatively cheap things you can do to improve your DPS early on. Get Mirage Archer at level 4 (1 scroll of wisdom). Also, believe it or not, early on get a summon Zombie (level 5). Yeah, I know, not exactly what you want to do with a bow build, but the added meat shield can be useful even if left at level 1.

I stand near the center and build the totems near the center and fire from there. The zombies are useful when the mobs get close, otherwise they die pretty quickly in a Blight encounter.

I hope this is helpful.

P.S. You will fail some of the time, can't be helped. Open areas are particularly difficult due to the lack of choke points and both sides spawning. Nothing you can do about those.

Last edited by Toots on Sep 10, 2019, 8:07:17 PM
Thanks, Toots.
I've got mirage archer already, didn't think about zombies, though.
Appreciate your input, good hunting!
hi there! i've started following this build yesterday and im on a really chilled rithym right now on SSF (1st time on SSF), my first question is: when should i start using a bow and EH?
the rest are additional but not as important: are there any tips on how to craft a nice bow and the rest of the gear? is that build able to clear all content (t16, uber elder, etc) without godly gear?
everyday trying something new
Last edited by raulrex1994 on Sep 11, 2019, 4:49:11 PM
"
raulrex1994 wrote:
hi there! i've started following this build yesterday and im on a really chilled rithym right now on SSF (1st time on SSF), my first question is: when should i start using a bow and EH?
the rest are additional but not as important: are there any tips on how to craft a nice bow and the rest of the gear? is that build able to clear all content (t16, uber elder, etc) without godly gear?
Hey raulrex1994,

I'm glad it's going well for you! I love SSF; good for you!

Use EH whenever you want. I like to use the skills I'm going to use as soon as they are available. Even if they're slow to level with. I like seeing how the build/skills progress and it's fun to watch them improve. But if that's not your cup of tea (Oh shoot! I left my tea upstairs...it's probably cold now...), then use EH as soon as you can fire 2+ projectiles and pierce at least once. You get that naturally by your second ascendancy or you can get it with the Pierce Support, Fork Support (it's not an extra projectile but it sorta-kinda-not-really is the same), and/or a quiver that adds an extra projectile as an implicit. But once you get your second ascendancy, you won't need any modifications to clear maps quickly...so you'll be able to go back to the guide's layout.

The build can clear all content for sure. As long as you're comfortable with the playstyle of the build and are familiar with the Endgame bosses, it'll do really well in the center of the atlas.

There is a fancy way (not sure if it's still valid) to get a +3 to socketed bow gems. I haven't done it before though, I've just seen videos back in the day...I'm not sure if any of the game's changes in the 20 leagues since have changed the simplicity of achieving it. I don't spend insane money crafting gear. I like to take what drops and hope for spare suffix or prefix spots. I'll add whatever is missing (getting a bow in Delve that allows multiple crafting modifiers is pretty sweet). So I'll add extra crit damage, crit chance, elemental damage...those are the big three (and of course the + to bow gems).

I hope this helped. Let me know if it didn't or if you have any other questions.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Everyone,

I updated the Pastebin (I don't think it needed to be updated in the guide. But PoB had a couple of big updates since my original Pastebin, so I figured, "why not".)

I also added an example video of gameplay. You can check it out here so you don't have to look for it.

And now you know.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
should we use combat focus jewel?
also, pob pastebin has only 500k dps... after proper gearing, how much dps is that build able to achieve?
LASTLY, shouldnt we use some kind of guard skill?
Last edited by raulrex1994 on Sep 17, 2019, 3:45:04 PM
"
raulrex1994 wrote:
also, pob pastebin has only 500k dps... after proper gearing, how much dps is that build able to achieve?
Hey raulrex1994,

Good questions.

If you want to use a Combat Focus, it won't hurt the build at all. It works really well with Avatar of Fire from what I hear ;). I don't use it because the part of the EH that interests me is the rotation of all the ailments being applied to enemies. So it's just personal preference as to why I don't have that jewel in my build.

Regarding DPS, I noticed that too. I actually don't use PoB to make my builds. I just use the skills and supports that I really want to and then test it out in gameplay. I post the Pastebins for those that use PoB...which of course is everyone. (I shouldn't say I don't use PoB. I do, but not for the numbers. It's an easy place to keep your planned gems and tree in one place.) To answer your question, the build is obviously capable of a lot of damage as enemies are "always" shocked, weapons and gear can roll increases to gem levels, more crit damage, elemental damage...you know. If you min/maxed this build you'd have way more than PoB says. That being said though, I'm not a fan of going out of my way to min/max and I still fly through maps (except when PoE (Xbox) aims at enemies behind walls and it takes me a few seconds to notice I'm hitting a wall...).

A guard skill isn't a bad idea at all! I'm sure you read that I like to have my builds with one or two buttons presses at the most. So I make everything to be as automatic as possible. So if that's not something that's a big deal for you, add as many buttons as you like! I added Frostwall to my character for the extra defence (on CwDT). Because of the dodging that we do, I won't have anything important attached to a high-level CwDT as it wouldn't cast enough.

Sorry, some of the answers were vague but I hope this helped. Let me know if I didn't touch on something or if you have more questions.

Thanks for the post. I hope you're enjoying the character.

Annnnnd

"
"
raulrex1994 wrote:
Hey raulrex1994,

Good questions.

[...]

A guard skill isn't a bad idea at all! I'm sure you read that I like to have my builds with one or two buttons presses at the most. So I make everything to be as automatic as possible. So if that's not something that's a big deal for you, add as many buttons as you like! I added Frostwall to my character for the extra defence (on CwDT). Because of the dodging that we do, I won't have anything important attached to a high-level CwDT as it wouldn't cast enough.

Sorry, some of the answers were vague but I hope this helped. Let me know if I didn't touch on something or if you have more questions.

Thanks for the post. I hope you're enjoying the character.

thx for the reply! is guard on cwdt perharps something useful? what guard would u recommend?
"
raulrex1994 wrote:
thx for the reply! is guard on cwdt perharps something useful? what guard would u recommend?
I'd think that Steelskin would suite the build best. But I'd only put it on a low-level CwDT. You'd want the defence to be up as much as possible (of course considering the 3-second cooldown). If you like the defense the Guard skill gives at low-level, I'd link it to a low-level CwDT for the ease of life. But it'd probably be most efficient to self-cast it...but that's something I prefer not to do.

Does that help?

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info