3.8| Stress Free PoE - DEADITOR, "EH"? |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Farming desert maps for the divination card Imperial Legacy seems to be recommendable, especially when playing SSF. A full set needs 22 cards, which sounds an awful lot, but the cards do not drop too rarely. The reward, a 6-linked imperial bow (20 - 24 % elemental damage), is nice for this build and definitely worth the farming efforts.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Farming desert maps for the divination card Imperial Legacy seems to be recommendable, especially when playing SSF. A full set needs 22 cards, which sounds an awful lot, but the cards do not drop too rarely. The reward, a 6-linked imperial bow (20 - 24 % elemental damage), is nice for this build and definitely worth the farming efforts.

You know what, that's a great suggestion - and it comes at the perfect time for me, too, because I'm currently at Tier 2 (farming Cage maps for The Chains That Bind - with zero success so far. :D). Maybe I'll get luckier with Imperial Legacy. I'm at 6/22 currently... :/
Hi Wrecker,

I explored your thread, and wow you have many builds. I did say want to use the CI Vortex, but I've been longing for a bow build that not overwhelming, and I found it on yours. :)

What I did though different. So I take some time to explore your build with Scion, and managed myself to build it in Witch Elementalist.

https://pastebin.com/0YGjsk30

There is indeed many difference, but also many similarities.
- Damage-wise, the Elementalist might a bit weaker. Can't say much right now, because Path of Building doesn't count for increase on Golem buff increase per Golem summoned
- Defense pretty much the same, but Elementalist has negate Elemental Reflection. Elemental avoidance comes from Golems.
- Even though not investing in Minion nodes, Golem is tough. With regen from Stone Golem and Holy Relic, my Golem is healthy all the time.

Thanks for the build. It makes me inspired to try my own build. Hopefully you will success with the new Ballista Build later, which I would like to see too.
IGN
Venevi - Ranger - Standard
Meniet - Witch - Standard
Last edited by alteisen612 on Dec 1, 2019, 8:26:02 AM
"
SamothD wrote:
Spoiler
I thought I might post a little progress report, so here goes:

I finished the acts without dying, not even to A10 Kitava. There were some narrow escapes, I admit, but I wasn't prioritising life from the tree above the absolute minimum (~300 life/act) and I'm using a somewhat awkward leveling tree because I wanted to check out the interaction with the Jugg ascendancy first. So yeah, my Lady Catpaw was not really at full power.

To make things even better, I totally forgot about running the Merciless Labyrinth before facing Kitava. /facepalm
Well, yolo, I guess. I lived. :)

After running that lab (it was a breeze once again!) and getting the Deadeye ascendancy, not much seemed to change on the surface. However, I now have an additional arrow and an additional pierce (my quiver already pierces 1 additional target). This made it possible to get rid of Lesser Multiple Projectiles for better clearspeed and replace it with Slower Projectiles - much more oomph against stronger enemies, and I can still obliterate trash mobs thanks to the combination of 2 arrows, 2 pierces, and EH's on-hit area of effect.

I also experienced my first death - in the Temple of Atzoatl. It was a rare enemy with extra life, life regen, and corrupting blood. I was still running LMP, i.e. many small hits, which built up charges of corrupting blood on me in no time. And since that son of a gun regenerated so quickly, my staunching flask ran out, and slowpoke me failed to notice that and portal out in time. :(

I now make more damage in one hit and have two staunching flasks just in case.

As usual, the Omnitect wasn't a problem at all, even with some life and attack buffs plus regen on it. (I need one more room to get Alva to max level, that's why I often end up with rooms that make the Temple more difficult)

I have started mapping, and everything is fine so far. The last skill point I used went into Point Blank. This should help a lot. After all, enemies I can pelt with arrows from afar aren't that dangerous in the first place, but I reckon some extra damage against those who run right into me won't be bad.

I am yet to try Delve and Syndicate...

Due to the three uniques and my mediocre SSF gear, resists are not stellar. Got Fire/Cold/Lightning each at ~85%. This means that maps with Ele Weakness curse will be a factor. Chaos resist sits at -40ish, which is okay given that I must overcome a total of -75% (60% from the acts, 15% from the gloves).

The movement skill I ended up using is... Lightning Warp. This is because it practically doesn't have a cooldown any more when leveled up and paired with Faster Casting / Swift Affliction. However, getting enough INT to level it all up will be hard if not impossible, and I dunno how well a Lvl 16 Lightning Warp performs against Lvl 20 movement skills in terms of cooldown.

The build is still really fun to play, and I still have a lot to look forward to:
- finding a better amulet/helmet/quiver for optimised resists, attributes, and DPS
- finding and/or crafting a bow with good mods
- maybe using two EH setups in two bows, one for trash clear and one for bossing
- running the last lab and changing from leveling tree to final tree, which will eliminate a truckload of useless waypoint nodes
- trying out Delve and Syndicate Encounters
Awesome post SamothD! I love the update! I'm glad you're enjoying the build as well! I really like hearing how people change the build and how people fare with the playstyles. Even though the build may be the same, people play it differently. That was really awesome. Thank you!

I hope progress goes well as you start finding moving towards the things that you looking forward too! I'm really excited for 3.9 with this build.

Thanks again! Great job on all the content so far!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
alteisen612 wrote:
Hi Wrecker,

I explored your thread, and wow you have many builds. I did say want to use the CI Vortex, but I've been longing for a bow build that not overwhelming, and I found it on yours. :)

What I did though different. So I take some time to explore your build with Scion, and managed myself to build it in Witch Elementalist.

https://pastebin.com/0YGjsk30

There is indeed many difference, but also many similarities.
- Damage-wise, the Elementalist might a bit weaker. Can't say much right now, because Path of Building doesn't count for increase on Golem buff increase per Golem summoned
- Defense pretty much the same, but Elementalist has negate Elemental Reflection. Elemental avoidance comes from Golems.
- Even though not investing in Minion nodes, Golem is tough. With regen from Stone Golem and Holy Relic, my Golem is healthy all the time.

Thanks for the build. It makes me inspired to try my own build. Hopefully you will success with the new Ballista Build later, which I would like to see too.
Awesome alteisen612!

Great job taking the build on with a different Ascendancy! That's tricky! Elementalist is a great choice and you've done really well!

I'm really happy it has not only encouraged you to try your own build crafting but that you're also having success with it! Great job! I like hearing the modifications people make and hearing out it works out.

Thanks for taking the time to post but also be so encouraging. I appreciate it very much. (I too am excited for Ballista Support!)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Awesome post SamothD! I love the update! I'm glad you're enjoying the build as well! I really like hearing how people change the build and how people fare with the playstyles. Even though the build may be the same, people play it differently. That was really awesome. Thank you!

I hope progress goes well as you start finding moving towards the things that you looking forward too! I'm really excited for 3.9 with this build.

Thanks again! Great job on all the content so far!

You're very welcome! :)

So little Miss Catpaw is currently at level 81. I bought her an Incursion hood to go with her Queen of the Forest so she is dressed to kill.

This is another little update of what happened in the meantime.

Mapping
I started mapping, mainly trying to farm Desert for Div Cards. Found a few, but still far off. And of course, I ran out of Desert maps and every single T3 that drops or is sold by Zana is always something else. :(

The good news is my little Scion destroys content reliably. It's really fun to shock, burn, and shatter enemies.^^

Of course she's overleveled, but she still gets XP fast, and advancing in map tier is currently not my priority.

Bosses work well, too - especially when I run up close (Point Blank) and use the crit flask.

Knockback helps against getting swarmed. Frost Wall also helps, but takes some getting used to as well.

Syndicate

This did not go so well. The first Intervention was my second death. However, back then I was sitting at ~3,400 life due to my awkward skill tree progression. Other Syndicate encounters worked better, but still not very comfortable. I chose not to engage with it for the time being.

I'm now sitting at ~4,200 life (and increasing), so that should be better.

Incursions / Temple
Now, these work like a charm. Cleared the second temple without even a serious risk of dying. The Omnitect - although at max life increase - didn't even make it to the iffy "dodge those ground effects" phase.

She's a great Incursion runner now, too. Melts mobs quickly enough, can get enough burst damage to kill architects, and movement speed as well as Lightning Warp to cross gaps help with opening doors.

Still didn't get that last unexplored room Alva needs.

Legion
Had a Tier III Legion room (i.e. with war hoard and general) in the last temple - she tore through it like a hot knife through butter.

Delve
Not tested yet. I'm trying to reach depth 200 for Niko's max level with my two-handed mace Cyclone Raider first and saving every bit of sulphite for that. I was at 140 - now at 172, so far it's been fine.

(Yes, my overall Delve performance so far has been lousy.)

Breaches
Wow. She shreds. Breaches apparently hit the sweet spot between mob density and monster HP. I normally get up to 6 splinters from a Breach encounter (yes, I know - lame again) - the last breach I did with her yielded 11. That's great for me!

Abysses
These work fine as well. Lightning Warp along (building up Endurance charges), put up Decoy Totem, kill abyss monsters => profit.

Had my first two Abyssal Depths, too, one complete with an Abyssal Lich encounter - the easier one, Ulaman, fortunately. Barely a scratch... the rare adds during the Stygian Spire phase were more dangeorus.

Other notable encounters
The first Beyond Demon encounter was in a T3 Desert map - of course, it had to be Abaxoth, the End of All That Is. He didn't have much of a chance. Manually dodging his flameblasts, mechanical dodging rendered his ice spears harmless. The open map helped with kiting - good luck encountering him in a Toxic Sewer map!

Gear
I found a rare elemental bow with +2 to bow gems and some mediocre other stats. Quickly 4-linked it to test:
- 4-link level-20 EH in rare bow
- 4-link level-18 EH in chest plus The Tempest bow

Result: The Tempest still rules supreme. o_O

I guess this might tip in favour of a rare bow if I get +3 levels and a decent attack speed roll. However, I suspect that even then it won't be all that much of a difference, tbh!

A 6-link +2 bow will probably be better than a 5-link chest, but then... getting a 6-link chest plus The Tempest might still be the better option.

Should this hold true, this means that - rather than sinking 3 exalts into a bow that might only be marginally better - six-linking either The Tempest or my chest might make more sense.

Since my chest is that legacy QotF with 2,900+ evasion, six-linking that may be the better of the two options because it's a more universally useful item. I'm sitting on slightly above 3,000 fuses, so I could easily afford a Vorici six-link. Hmmm...

Oh well, I'll investigate further. Gotta see on which character I need a six-link most urgently. ATM, a five-link works fine.

Next steps
- Continue farming
- Do the Uber Lab and finally reset the skilltree to its final form
- Hope for the prophecy that would give me Doomfletch's Prism because that could be another interesting bow option worth checking out.
Hi,
What you think about upcoming bow changes/reworks? Do you consider use any new support gem(s) in this build?
Last edited by Kminek666 on Dec 3, 2019, 7:51:25 AM
"
SamothD wrote:
Spoiler
You're very welcome! :)

So little Miss Catpaw is currently at level 81. I bought her an Incursion hood to go with her Queen of the Forest so she is dressed to kill.

This is another little update of what happened in the meantime.

Mapping
I started mapping, mainly trying to farm Desert for Div Cards. Found a few, but still far off. And of course, I ran out of Desert maps and every single T3 that drops or is sold by Zana is always something else. :(

The good news is my little Scion destroys content reliably. It's really fun to shock, burn, and shatter enemies.^^

Of course she's overleveled, but she still gets XP fast, and advancing in map tier is currently not my priority.

Bosses work well, too - especially when I run up close (Point Blank) and use the crit flask.

Knockback helps against getting swarmed. Frost Wall also helps, but takes some getting used to as well.

Syndicate

This did not go so well. The first Intervention was my second death. However, back then I was sitting at ~3,400 life due to my awkward skill tree progression. Other Syndicate encounters worked better, but still not very comfortable. I chose not to engage with it for the time being.

I'm now sitting at ~4,200 life (and increasing), so that should be better.

Incursions / Temple
Now, these work like a charm. Cleared the second temple without even a serious risk of dying. The Omnitect - although at max life increase - didn't even make it to the iffy "dodge those ground effects" phase.

She's a great Incursion runner now, too. Melts mobs quickly enough, can get enough burst damage to kill architects, and movement speed as well as Lightning Warp to cross gaps help with opening doors.

Still didn't get that last unexplored room Alva needs.

Legion
Had a Tier III Legion room (i.e. with war hoard and general) in the last temple - she tore through it like a hot knife through butter.

Delve
Not tested yet. I'm trying to reach depth 200 for Niko's max level with my two-handed mace Cyclone Raider first and saving every bit of sulphite for that. I was at 140 - now at 172, so far it's been fine.

(Yes, my overall Delve performance so far has been lousy.)

Breaches
Wow. She shreds. Breaches apparently hit the sweet spot between mob density and monster HP. I normally get up to 6 splinters from a Breach encounter (yes, I know - lame again) - the last breach I did with her yielded 11. That's great for me!

Abysses
These work fine as well. Lightning Warp along (building up Endurance charges), put up Decoy Totem, kill abyss monsters => profit.

Had my first two Abyssal Depths, too, one complete with an Abyssal Lich encounter - the easier one, Ulaman, fortunately. Barely a scratch... the rare adds during the Stygian Spire phase were more dangeorus.

Other notable encounters
The first Beyond Demon encounter was in a T3 Desert map - of course, it had to be Abaxoth, the End of All That Is. He didn't have much of a chance. Manually dodging his flameblasts, mechanical dodging rendered his ice spears harmless. The open map helped with kiting - good luck encountering him in a Toxic Sewer map!

Gear
I found a rare elemental bow with +2 to bow gems and some mediocre other stats. Quickly 4-linked it to test:
- 4-link level-20 EH in rare bow
- 4-link level-18 EH in chest plus The Tempest bow

Result: The Tempest still rules supreme. o_O

I guess this might tip in favour of a rare bow if I get +3 levels and a decent attack speed roll. However, I suspect that even then it won't be all that much of a difference, tbh!

A 6-link +2 bow will probably be better than a 5-link chest, but then... getting a 6-link chest plus The Tempest might still be the better option.

Should this hold true, this means that - rather than sinking 3 exalts into a bow that might only be marginally better - six-linking either The Tempest or my chest might make more sense.

Since my chest is that legacy QotF with 2,900+ evasion, six-linking that may be the better of the two options because it's a more universally useful item. I'm sitting on slightly above 3,000 fuses, so I could easily afford a Vorici six-link. Hmmm...

Oh well, I'll investigate further. Gotta see on which character I need a six-link most urgently. ATM, a five-link works fine.

Next steps
- Continue farming
- Do the Uber Lab and finally reset the skilltree to its final form
- Hope for the prophecy that would give me Doomfletch's Prism because that could be another interesting bow option worth checking out.
Sweet! I love that feedback! Bow skills are one of those things that natural playstyles really change from user to user. Everything from movement to aiming...it's all unique to the user...everyone plays it differently. Or it's much easier to see a user's style of play with bow builds than it is melee. So I love the feedback about each map mechanic! Thank you!

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Annnnnd

"
Hi,
What you think about upcoming bow changes/reworks? Do you consider use any new support gem(s) in this build?
Hey Findejs,

I get excited about any changes that GGG plans for PoE, so I'm really excited about the bow changes. I, of course, haven't seen the 20/20 versions of the gems that'll come out next week, but typically Support Gems that change the core functionality of skill will reduce the damage of the skill (like Greater Multiple Projectile).

I think the only addition that I'll make to this Scion is adding Ballista Support to Elemental Hit's links. The current version of that support (Ranged Attack Totem) really reduces the skill's damage without increasing much to make up for it. The Ballista Support will give you 3 totems to lay down. So even if the damage reduction stays as it currently is (which I doubt), having three EH totems dealing reduced damage will still eclipse the damage one does with normal attacking. So, I'll likely only add Ballista Support. The less aiming I have to do, the longer I am able to play :).

Annnnnd

searching a scion build a long time ago, is the right league to do it ?

big question, see the league announcent, and mean :
" scion EE + elemental hit + barrage "

realy like this one could be nice.(love pob with only one stuff inside, no joke)

elemental hit is lvl12 ,so about leveling, works fine to reach atc10 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info