Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

Well melee got destroyed and is back to being garbage-tier compared to casters.

Templar ascendancies have now been generalised and made bland but not having the uniqueness of minion-based benefits and don't get me started about Hiero.

RF has also been nerfed, which it already needed a buff.

Basically the only thing I could recommend for a STR-main player like myself... is to not play it. These patch notes are the most disappointing I have seen since closed beta.

Terrible move buffing casters so much & $@##ing all over melee builds/Temp ascendancies.

See you in 3.9/4.0.
The Contagion nerf seems excessive, its not exactly a top tier skill with its inability to kill bosses or hard rares in a timely manner.

The mana leech nerf makes no sense. Seems GGG done goofed this time.
i know when u buy it's developer u wanna ruin project..
Hey GGG

Any update on the 3.8 patch torrent file availability. Has it been released?

cheers
Why are some people getting their panties in a bunch over zombies?

Because they made violent dead the first and only expensive item on this build?

Look at it for a second, Violent Dead gives Little bit of dps, aoe, and no evade chance.

The evade has been rectified by spectres accuracy buff, and accuracy nodes all over tree.

The Dps has skyrocketed from +skills, the new minion damage on the tree, the new "grave intentions" gives unholy might to minions, new "ravenous horde" gives onslaught to minions

Its true aoe isn't maxed out at skill level 1, but we do get slam right off the bat even if its every 4 seconds. This still improves once you get your hands on Violent Dead jewels.

If this isn't enough, we get a new +38% more life on the zombie gem and new +20% more life on the ascendancy. 58% more life means we dont need to use Mon'tregul's Grasp anymore, and if running Barons we now have a lucky 13 zombies, how is that for aoe? Combine this with a two hander with fortify support or possibly even better an armor with maim support for a 7-link, and use whatever new weapons you want. If it really bugs you, you can even drop a gem for splash support and still do way more damage than previous leagues.

I wasn't going to make a zombie build this league, but they sound like a powerhouse I might just have to do so.

see you tomorrow exiles, unless your too scared of the challenge!
The most that I like about these patch notes is the nerf to some people's PvP damage. Getting 1 - 2 shotted by a stupid ball lightning or glacial cascade build is ridiculous. PvP is very neglected and imbalanced. I have yet to see a melee champ go into the arena and take everyone out. Does this mythical creature even exist? It most likely never will... Does that seem balanced?

Why did zerkers get such a big nerf? I don't freaking understand.. I hardly saw any zerkers in this last league, and now the incentive to consider this ascendancy is even worse.

Slayers and Tricksters get a nerf too? Seriously? If I'm not mistaken, Trickster has been nerfed 2 patches in a row.. WHY?

The list of unreasonable nerfs is far too extensive.

There is 1 slayer in the top 20 and 1 trickster in the top 40 on the Delve ladder. Not a single zerker even in the top 250. Considering that the delves are one of the biggest sources of income during the league, it makes things far too imbalanced in favor of any non-slayer/zerker/trickster builds.

I tested my ssf slayer build today finishing the story line in about 6.5 hours, which is not the fastest but decent. I doubt, however, I will be able to compete with other builds in the delves. I don't want to play champion, pathfinder, juggernaut, or occultist. I believe as developers, you should level the playing field for all builds. But when ladders clearly show that certain classes are superior at excelling in one of the most lucrative content of the game, it is fair to say that there is clearly imbalance that is being neglected.
Last edited by HwtChirino on Sep 6, 2019, 4:08:18 AM
"
judas14132 wrote:
Multistrike gonna be severely nerfed. Lol at "balance"...

Yeah. They explained it that they wanted to make the first hit feel better so they made 2nd and 3rd hits worse. What is weird to me are the numbers which make it seem like 2nd and 3rd hits are too weak now to even bother with Multistrike. Yeah 1st hit was weak but then it ramped up for certain builds (like Bleed Lacerate), you just had to commit to standing still...

Someone correct me if my math is bad and the less/more modifiers are calcualted differently but for which skills/build would Multistrike still be good?
"
Artibius wrote:
"
judas14132 wrote:

Yeah. They explained it that they wanted to make the first hit feel better so they made 2nd and 3rd hits worse. What is weird to me are the numbers which make it seem like 2nd and 3rd hits are too weak now to even bother with Multistrike. Yeah 1st hit was weak but then it ramped up for certain builds (like Bleed Lacerate), you just had to commit to standing still...

Someone correct me if my math is bad and the less/more modifiers are calcualted differently but for which skills/build would Multistrike still be good?

Bleed/Lacerate was going to be my league starter, and I was concerned about the Multistrike change too. After talking with some build authors, it looks like Multistrike is a fairly small nerf to Lacerate. Most of the damage lategame is coming from 8 bleed stacks anyway, so the on-hit damage isn't as much as it seems. And I've been hearing the Damage over Time changes are actually a bit of a buff to bleed when run through PoB.
"
Artibius wrote:
"
judas14132 wrote:

1st hit 70% base damage
2nd hit 105% base damage (70% * 150%)
3rd hit 139.3% base damage (70% * 199%)

314.3% total damage

1st hit 90% base damage
2nd hit 109.8% base damage (90% * 122%)
3rd hit 129.6% base damage (90% * 144%)

329.4% total damage
"
Joker wrote:
"
Artibius wrote:
"
judas14132 wrote:

1st hit 70% base damage
2nd hit 105% base damage (70% * 150%)
3rd hit 139.3% base damage (70% * 199%)

314.3% total damage

1st hit 90% base damage
2nd hit 109.8% base damage (90% * 122%)
3rd hit 129.6% base damage (90% * 144%)

329.4% total damage

Okay yeah, my math was bad there. Thanks for breaking it down!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info