Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

"
CreatorXM wrote:

I feel represented in this post, infact I feel this post represents a huge part of the community yet they are hiding in the shadows. Which is where part of the problem seems to start, a small part of the community dares to stand up and talk about their problems with changes openly, some people come out of their hidinghole to join them and convince the developers to change one thing here and there but a lot of people still seem to think that spreading complaints and outing suggestions towards the game creators is some kind of "sin" or they simply don't understand the game enough to bring anything onto the table so they stay hidden and simply, silently agree with what changes were made, even if they know that it won't end well, or maybe they think that telling the devs to change something again would be too much to ask, but they need to understand that GGG makes this game for US to play, WE need a functioning game to play, if it is a lot of work for them, so be it, they decided to change things around, they are the ones who decided to release the full changes including stats 2-ish days before launch of the league, at the end of the day, it is their fault if they suffer from the consequences.

Often times it seems as if the people complaining were part of a group that haven't fully experimented around with things they have complaints towards, so much so that they may suggest things that make matters worse than what they are already like. To me it seems as if the community, specifically the ones hiding, don't understand that 2 heads know more than 1 and that if they played a specific build and "know their shit" about it, sharing their experience and trying to convince the others to make one final result with which everyone is fine does not have to be that hard.

GGG is a part of this problem, they seem to always add more content than properly plannable in each 3 month period, they try outdoing themselves every time and because they have so many features to work on they have barely any time to fully test any of the features and rebalances so they listen to their community moments before release to make (often times) terrible last-minute-changes, if any at all, which is where it goes full circle because the only part of the community speaking up is the one who doesn't "know enough". It is obvious that GGG wants to add a lot of content every time to keep the game alive and the community satisfied but by adding so much without properly testing it they always make matters worse. They should legitemately offer jobs to people who really intesively work on certain builds, know the stats, know what things affect what and let those people properly test new features and rebalances over a longer period of time, hell, they might even do it for free.
Having a few "beta-testers" is not enough, as proven several times.

This seems to me like a pretty broad statement that may not even make sense since I don't know how to put it more precisely, I guess I just wanted to add onto this truth-speaking wall of text from a community member who quite clearly sees not a, but the problem with the game's development as it is now.

Thank you for your support, it was my hope to not sound like a total ass, but someone just utterly disappointed. I want to love this game, I want to play this game, but when a game causes more frustrating moments, (Not even starting down the trading system road, but actively pointing at it), over the little amount of joyous ones... Well, ..I midas well go work for those feels.

Much respect, and admiration for your eloquence.
RIP my 85 mana cost 6 cps spell build ;(
People are quitting left and right because its too difficult, what a bunch of weak exiles!

At first glance a lot of things look nerfed, but if you go back and do a little theory crafting to your builds you would realize there's a lot of buffs in there.

After removing some jewels and using cheap gear I still have a 4mill+ Zombiemancer, 3mill+ Skellymancer, 2mill+ Cyclone, and even the RF build is still a god.

I think a lot people are missing the whole idea, this is a challenge league. Stop your complaining and challenge yourself!
"
Natul wrote:
People are quitting left and right because its too difficult, what a bunch of weak exiles!

At first glance a lot of things look nerfed, but if you go back and do a little theory crafting to your builds you would realize there's a lot of buffs in there.

After removing some jewels and using cheap gear I still have a 4mill+ Zombiemancer, 3mill+ Skellymancer, 2mill+ Cyclone, and even the RF build is still a god.

I think a lot people are missing the whole idea, this is a challenge league. Stop your complaining and challenge yourself!

Dalbaeb.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
CreoZ wrote:

d3 now harder than poe man)))

just.. end game poe content = uber elder, was killed by 70% min in prev league..

Lmao wtf are you talking about? Where do you pull that "70% of players killed UberElder" stat out from lmao? The Devs themselves on Baeclast said that the average player ( this is avg, so 50% are worse than average) doesn't even get close to guardians... and you're here saying that 70% killed UE ROFL... you need to get real. It's a very small amount that kill UE themselves without a carry + Delve is real endgame past UE.

if u right i know why game dead. And for prev fail league end game was on t2 map.
Last edited by CreoZ on Sep 5, 2019, 3:25:44 AM
"
Mortal Conviction now specifies that only Non-banner, Non-mine skills reserve no mana.

Please bring back the old Mortal Conviction, pleeease.
Arf! Arf! Arf!
Vicious Projectiles as quest reward for shadow would be nice QoL
"
Natul wrote:

Give that man a medal.
Like i said previously, you can kill shaper and even Uber
with like all fucking skill on the game, you just need to think a little bit and that is why this game is insane.
Last edited by Dreamounette on Sep 5, 2019, 6:06:37 AM
"
Dreamounette wrote:
"
Natul wrote:

Give that man a medal.
Like i said previously, you can kill shaper and even Uber
with like all fucking skill on the game, you just need to think a little bit and that is why this game is insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dosti_HS0v0

And some Darvin medal for u.
Hi, I haven't played / updated the game for a few days, can I upgrade when 3.8 releases or is it recommended to upgrade now and then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info