Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

Dead Game
Glad I already have a Star of Wraeclast, or several. Illusory Warp is so much better than Frostblink, that it is being replaced with a -lv10- FB is just comical.
So no Veg of Hands fix.

Blech.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
Fixed several cases of mods that were craftable alongside mods they should not have been craftable alongside.

It would be really helpful if this could be specified. :-D

Can I not roll ele penetration and fire prenetration onto shaped weapons with a scorched fossil? It is really rare and trying it out myself is not really a viable option.

"
Naedingur wrote:
Vis Mortis: No longer grants +1 to maximum number of Raised Spectres or grants your minions Unholy Might when they kill an Enemy. Now causes minions to gain 15-20% of Elemental Damage as extra Chaos Damage.

Bones of Ullr: No longer increases the maximum number of Zombies or Spectres you can have. Instead, it now grants +1 to the level of Raise Zombie and Raise Spectre gems. This affects all versions of the item.

So playing spectremancer is now all about getting Level 4 empower and + gem levels. Thanks for making it more of a RNGfest to play. -.-

This :(
#NeverGoing90
"
Atchh58 wrote:
Does ggg play and understand their own game? [Removed by Support]

I've been saying this since I started playing this game, (Mid Betrayal)
Two Leagues later, I'm done, I'm out. This game goes in the trash.
I've spent $1000.00's in support at this point and all feels WASTED

Over 500 deaths this league, ALL due to lag spikes, and DC's from multiple different region connections.
(Don't tell me it's on my end. I'm an I.T. Professional, on 1Gbps/1Gbps dual connections, and frankly, I don't wanna hear how I should "do this work around, or do that work around.") ... Oh! and it's SUPER fun, having no indication what does legitimately kill me, so that I might ... You know, BETTER MY BUILD"...

Furthermore I've said it before, 4.0 WILL BE A DISASTER IF A SERIOUS rework and optimization is not done to the core mechanics of this game. But Good luck with that, it takes actual skilled coding to get something like that done *Cough* Stackable Fossils Crash the server for 15 hours cause it wasn't tested properly before launched on LIVE SERVERS *Cough* *Cough Cough* Website and trade sites broken every update implementation. *Cough Cough*

Spend some of that money you rake in daily from MTX on better securing the stability of your game, or get rid of the ridiculous death penalty. nothing says you care less about the people who are filling your pockets with money.
Yes .. It's quite easy to tell just how much we fools dump into MTX by standing in town for an hour, .... Tho, now we can't see Auras in town ... "Interesting, my Aura was on before I went to town, but now in this map it's off ... OH SHIT I'M DEAD! ... Again ... Like it wasn't hard enough to remember to turn all your Auras back on after death... But thanks for the added penalizing challenge. Wonder if that'll be come a league challenge... Wouldn't surprise me.."

BTW, when the hell is the BROKEN GREEN overlay going to get fixed on the Huntsman Aura effect behind the character???????? Anyone who's put the Celestial orb Aura on top of the Huntsman knows exactly what I'm talking about. Money WELL spent there"

"
Atchh58 wrote:

I am not going in detail of the dumbfounded nerfs or changes that they are implamenting. They are pretty self exsplanatory. People that dont see them or do not understand the changes have never played those certain type of builds or have not gotten that far in the game.

Here is just my main and basic analysis.

I would say the mana nerf was just a what the ____ are you thinking. If you made regen more accessible or leach around the nodes then i could see it. I dont use a flask to fix my accuracy on my melee or range characters. Accuracy is in allot of nodes on the oassive tree where it is not a real issue, therefore you can not compare them and have made a major issue for most caster builds.

I am happy for the posion rework and raider changes. But lets be honest after this league assassin is going to be nerfed to the ground so hard. Because of this i am hesitent to play him because he sounds and looks so fun but the fact is i am just going to be pist off and allot other players will be pist in patch in 3.9. The reason why is I spent allot of time and effort into a build that i made and enjoyed playing just to watch it not be playable anymore or not worth to play anymore.

I enjoy playing what i built up why do you have to take the fun out of the game by nerfing everything? Just to change meta? Sone people hate to play caster builds, sone hatebto play range, melee, summoner, aura bot, etc... Shifting meta just makes more of a problem and i dont understand how ggg does. Ot get this or does not care. I believe they don't csre personally.

FINALLY!

I finally see a post by someone else in almost a year that gets it!
.... kinda ...

I find it hilarious, and I'm literally laughing my way out the door from this game on this one.

Come, follow with me:

Most streamers of this game, the small amount there are, and the playerbase for that matter claim:
"I like making new builds, that's the point of this game, and why the meta changes."
I stated most, there are always exceptions to everything in life

I ask them to really think about it, what really happens?
Is it maybe each league we use new builds because we have to work around all the broken shit from league to league?
Not to mention the broken leagues themselves at start "Oh Burn!", but true.
(Played 3 leagues, and 100% all broken at start of league, (See Prior reference to Monkey Management")not to mention, who comes up with the league challenges?? RNG in a challenge?? REALLY?)

Maybe we use new builds because we want to find the most "Broken", *Cough* Cyclone 3.7 *Cough*, to exploit the weakness/poor forethought of the decisions made from league to league?"

...Maybe, just MAAAYYBBEE ... Stay with me here:

Some of us want to play our favorite builds again, not just when it's broken, or the meta.
I seriously cringed at the patch notes after 3.6 when the announcement for 3.7 came out, and Cyclone was spotlighted, as cyclone being my main since Betryal. I knew then after 3.7 Cyclone would get pounded to the dirt, (Based on concept of Soul Rend / Bane nerfed to death in 3.7), What I didn't expect however, was it would get nerfed so hard it would be worse than the state it was in 3.6.

Time will truly only tell how badly Cyclone will perform in 3.8, but giving the track record, can anyone SERIOUSLY defend it'll be anything viable with what will be the next broken meta Summoner / Traps / mines??

(For those that haven't seen my reference a few posts back, I speak PURELY on the DPS nerf to cyclone, Range is not even a factor to my point I'm making)

"
Atchh58 wrote:

But thats what ggg does, clear example that they dont underatand how there game works.

I can't really agree with this. GGG knows Exactly what's up with their game.
I can't believe, that in a group of that many people together on one project, there's not at least one person raising their hand daily saying...

What the fuck are you thinking?
#micdrop #WaitsPatientlyForModEdit

Wow. Dem some specifically targeted edits. Whole paragraphs gone....
Last edited by JediWabbit on Sep 4, 2019, 9:00:37 PM
"
I can't believe, that in a group of that many people together on one project, there's not at least one person raising their hand daily saying...

Someone probably did, but got told to STFU, "Tencent gave us several Hundred million we know what we are doing!"
"
The mana cost reduction crafted modifier (AKA "Elreon's") has been split into two separate modifiers -- one for Channeling skill mana costs, and one for non-Channeling skill mana costs. Each has three ranks.

What will happen with existing rings?

• They'll have the new two-line affix. (no legacies)
  • They'll be exactly as they are now and apply to both channeling and non-channeling skills. (good legacies)
  • They'll only apply to non-channeling skills. (bad legacies)
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Sep 4, 2019, 8:45:10 PM
"
JediWabbit wrote:
"
Atchh58 wrote:
Does ggg play and understand their own game? [Removed by Support]

I've been saying this since I started playing this game, (Mid Betrayal)
Two Leagues later, I'm done, I'm out. This game goes in the trash.
I've spent $1000.00's in support at this point and all feels WASTED

Over 500 deaths this league, ALL due to lag spikes, and DC's from multiple different region connections.
(Don't tell me it's on my end. I'm an I.T. Professional, on 1Gbps/1Gbps dual connections, and frankly, I don't wanna hear how I should "do this work around, or do that work around.") ... Oh! and it's SUPER fun, having no indication what does legitimately kill me, so that I might ... You know, BETTER MY BUILD"...

Furthermore I've said it before, 4.0 WILL BE A DISASTER IF A SERIOUS rework and optimization is not done to the core mechanics of this game. But Good luck with that, it takes actual skilled coding to get something like that done *Cough* Stackable Fossils Crash the server for 15 hours cause it wasn't tested properly before launched on LIVE SERVERS *Cough* *Cough Cough* Website and trade sites broken every update implementation. *Cough Cough*

Spend some of that money you rake in daily from MTX on better securing the stability of your game, or get rid of the ridiculous death penalty. nothing says you care less about the people who are filling your pockets with money.
Yes .. It's quite easy to tell just how much we fools dump into MTX by standing in town for an hour, .... Tho, now we can't see Auras in town ... "Interesting, my Aura was on before I went to town, but now in this map it's off ... OH SHIT I'M DEAD! ... Again ... Like it wasn't hard enough to remember to turn all your Auras back on after death... But thanks for the added penalizing challenge. Wonder if that'll be come a league challenge... Wouldn't surprise me.."

BTW, when the hell is the BROKEN GREEN overlay going to get fixed on the Huntsman Aura effect behind the character???????? Anyone who's put the Celestial orb Aura on top of the Huntsman knows exactly what I'm talking about. Money WELL spent there"

[Removed by Support]

"
Atchh58 wrote:

I am not going in detail of the dumbfounded nerfs or changes that they are implamenting. They are pretty self exsplanatory. People that dont see them or do not understand the changes have never played those certain type of builds or have not gotten that far in the game.

Here is just my main and basic analysis.

I would say the mana nerf was just a what the ____ are you thinking. If you made regen more accessible or leach around the nodes then i could see it. I dont use a flask to fix my accuracy on my melee or range characters. Accuracy is in allot of nodes on the oassive tree where it is not a real issue, therefore you can not compare them and have made a major issue for most caster builds.

I am happy for the posion rework and raider changes. But lets be honest after this league assassin is going to be nerfed to the ground so hard. Because of this i am hesitent to play him because he sounds and looks so fun but the fact is i am just going to be pist off and allot other players will be pist in patch in 3.9. The reason why is I spent allot of time and effort into a build that i made and enjoyed playing just to watch it not be playable anymore or not worth to play anymore.

I enjoy playing what i built up why do you have to take the fun out of the game by nerfing everything? Just to change meta? Sone people hate to play caster builds, sone hatebto play range, melee, summoner, aura bot, etc... Shifting meta just makes more of a problem and i dont understand how ggg does. Ot get this or does not care. I believe they don't csre personally.

FINALLY!

I finally see a post by someone else in almost a year that gets it!
.... kinda ...

I find it hilarious, and I'm literally laughing my way out the door from this game on this one.

Come, follow with me:

Most streamers of this game, the small amount there are, and the playerbase for that matter claim:
"I like making new builds, that's the point of this game, and why the meta changes."
I stated most, there are always exceptions to everything in life

I ask them to really think about it, what really happens?
Is it maybe each league we use new builds because we have to work around all the broken shit from league to league?
Not to mention the broken leagues themselves at start "Oh Burn!", but true.
(Played 3 leagues, and 100% all broken at start of league, (See Prior reference to Monkey Management")not to mention, who comes up with the league challenges?? RNG in a challenge?? REALLY?)

Maybe we use new builds because we want to find the most "Broken", *Cough* Cyclone 3.7 *Cough*, to exploit the weakness/poor forethought of the decisions made from league to league?"

...Maybe, just MAAAYYBBEE ... Stay with me here:

Some of us want to play our favorite builds again, not just when it's broken, or the meta.
I seriously cringed at the patch notes after 3.6 when the announcement for 3.7 came out, and Cyclone was spotlighted, as cyclone being my main since Betryal. I knew then after 3.7 Cyclone would get pounded to the dirt, (Based on concept of Soul Rend / Bane nerfed to death in 3.7), What I didn't expect however, was it would get nerfed so hard it would be worse than the state it was in 3.6.

Time will truly only tell how badly Cyclone will perform in 3.8, but giving the track record, can anyone SERIOUSLY defend it'll be anything viable with what will be the next broken meta Summoner / Traps / mines??

(For those that haven't seen my reference a few posts back, I speak PURELY on the DPS nerf to cyclone, Range is not even a factor to my point I'm making)

"
Atchh58 wrote:

But thats what ggg does, clear example that they dont underatand how there game works.

I can't really agree with this. GGG knows Exactly what's up with their game.

#micdrop #WaitsPatientlyForModEdit

I feel represented in this post, infact I feel this post represents a huge part of the community yet they are hiding in the shadows. Which is where part of the problem seems to start, a small part of the community dares to stand up and talk about their problems with changes openly, some people come out of their hidinghole to join them and convince the developers to change one thing here and there but a lot of people still seem to think that spreading complaints and outing suggestions towards the game creators is some kind of "sin" or they simply don't understand the game enough to bring anything onto the table so they stay hidden and simply, silently agree with what changes were made, even if they know that it won't end well, or maybe they think that telling the devs to change something again would be too much to ask, but they need to understand that GGG makes this game for US to play, WE need a functioning game to play, if it is a lot of work for them, so be it, they decided to change things around, they are the ones who decided to release the full changes including stats 2-ish days before launch of the league, at the end of the day, it is their fault if they suffer from the consequences.

Often times it seems as if the people complaining were part of a group that haven't fully experimented around with things they have complaints towards, so much so that they may suggest things that make matters worse than what they are already like. To me it seems as if the community, specifically the ones hiding, don't understand that 2 heads know more than 1 and that if they played a specific build and "know their shit" about it, sharing their experience and trying to convince the others to make one final result with which everyone is fine does not have to be that hard.

GGG is a part of this problem, they seem to always add more content than properly plannable in each 3 month period, they try outdoing themselves every time and because they have so many features to work on they have barely any time to fully test any of the features and rebalances so they listen to their community moments before release to make (often times) terrible last-minute-changes, if any at all, which is where it goes full circle because the only part of the community speaking up is the one who doesn't "know enough". It is obvious that GGG wants to add a lot of content every time to keep the game alive and the community satisfied but by adding so much without properly testing it they always make matters worse. They should legitemately offer jobs to people who really intesively work on certain builds, know the stats, know what things affect what and let those people properly test new features and rebalances over a longer period of time, hell, they might even do it for free.
Having a few "beta-testers" is not enough, as proven several times.

This seems to me like a pretty broad statement that may not even make sense since I don't know how to put it more precisely, I guess I just wanted to add onto this truth-speaking wall of text from a community member who quite clearly sees not a, but the problem with the game's development as it is now.
bottomtext
Even though i am skipping this league, the notes look aight. The Qol changes are especially welcome. The master stuff and changes to some of the leagues were already kinda known and those are great too.

Too many emo kids whining here lol...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Sep 4, 2019, 9:45:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info