The Press Tour is Complete - Legion Ascendancy Statistics

Now dont nerf ED just because it was good for a league mechanic!
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Hey! I'm finally in a top group here. Slayer for the win.

I wonder how many of 90+ slayers are running cyclone.

I'm one of the Slayer 90+ Cyclone Legion.
I just pray they don't touch my max block Cyclone Gladiator when they handly Slayer :(.

PS: playing block Cyclone Gladiator since about 10 leagues ... first time buffed ... and now nerved again? PLEASE NO!
Impale nerf is coming...
As always the scion character is the least played character, nicely hidden in plain sight in the class statistics because it is a list of classes and all its different ascendancy combinations are combined into one labeled ascendant.

Pretty impressive considering that 3.7 was a big melee love fest, and Scion is after marauder, duelist, and shadow that class that ought to be best at melee due to having their baby-ascendancies as well as access to templar and ranger baby-ascendancies for interesting combinations, so one could have thought that it would bring a lot of melee scions ascending.

But it just doesn't happen. Regardless of what is the buff or skill focus of the day, scions just aren't played to any noticeable degree.

At least this time templar nearly beat them to being the least played character at 90+ levels. Apparently people who are willing to play scion in the first place are more determined buggers than those playing templars.

All Levels, All Legion Leagues(PC)

21.18% Duelists of which 12.08% ascended
17.26% Witches of which 6.66% ascended
17.23% Shadows of which 8.91% ascended
14.22% Rangers of which 6.19% ascended
13.95% Marauders of which 6.76% ascended
11.68% Templars of which 3.96% ascended
4.49% Scions of which 1.51% ascended

LEGION 70+

28.65% Ascended duelist
19.74% Ascended shadow
14.38% Ascended marauder
13.30% Ascended ranger
13.17% Ascended witch
7.28% Ascended templar
3.27% Ascended scion
0.21% not ascended

LEGION 90+
41.51% Ascended duelist
20.73% Ascended shadow
14.68% Ascended marauder
10.50% Ascended ranger
6.45% Ascended witch
3.08% Ascended templar
3.05% Ascended scion
0.00% not ascended

etc.

One day GGG will make Scions worth playing for players who are not born mathematicians or willing to listen to those that are, and from the huddled masses Scions will rise to dominance or at least equality, but that day is not today. :p
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
As always the scion character is the least played character, nicely hidden in plain sight in the class statistics because it is a list of classes and all its different ascendancy combinations are combined into one labeled ascendant.

Pretty impressive considering that 3.7 was a big melee love fest, and Scion is after marauder, duelist, and shadow that class that ought to be best at melee due to having their baby-ascendancies as well as access to templar and ranger baby-ascendancies for interesting combinations, so one could have thought that it would bring a lot of melee scions ascending.

But it just doesn't happen. Regardless of what is the buff or skill focus of the day, scions just aren't played to any noticeable degree.

One day GGG will make Scions worth playing for players who are not born mathematicians or willing to listen to those that are, and from the huddled masses Scions will rise to dominance or at least equality, but that day is not today. :p

There are only 3 remaining ascendancies that haven't yet gotten a revamp - Raider, Assassin aaannnddd... Ascendant! 3.8 might be your time to shine. ;)
When you make a game where you are severely punished for dying, it makes sense that survivability is key. Builds are mostly take XYZ for bulk, get rares with max life/es and resistances, then abuse whatever the strongest mechanic for DPS is with what room you have left to play with.

I just wish I could spend more time speccing and gearing for damage or trying out some silly/fun build instead of focusing on acquiring enough defensive stats to avoid being 1-shot and somehow narrowly survive encounters. I think this staleness should be obvious since, as the number of OP mechanics decreases, so does build diversity. And it's not because people are unwilling to experiment. It's simply because viable alternatives are either not available or not reasonably accessible.

Also, I hold an unpopular opinion in that I don't care if this game gets easier. There is plenty of content for those who want a challenge and most people who are drawn to it have probably already beaten it all time and time again. What I care about is how FUN it is.
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫
"
DistantBliss wrote:
I reckon 95% play cyclone, since you guys introduced yet another league mechanic with a timer and standing still really isnt that rewarding when you can instead run around while dealing damage right? Buff other melee skills by simply removing timers from next league's content? Prolly not gonna happen, but who knows.
Ofc not gonna happen, we haven't had a league that wasn't a timed rush since Bestiary, and that one wasn't very popular either. Chris Wilson said himself that builds that can clear faster should be rewarded for it, so don't expect zoom zoom screen clear builds to lose even a tiny bit of humongous advantage they have over namelock melee builds with tiny splash in front of them if they swap out 2 damage support gems for aoe ones.

Skills like double strike, heavy strike, infernal blow or viper strike are bound to stay levelling / supplementary skills to all the cyclones, reaves, earthquakes, tectonic slams etc. (depending what do they buff / nerf to shuffle away from cyclone meta).

Oh, and RIP molten strike because apparently the only "melee" skill that was viable in Synthesis had to be obliterated for Legion.

"
Exile009 wrote:
There are only 3 remaining ascendancies that haven't yet gotten a revamp - Raider, Assassin aaannnddd... Ascendant! 3.8 might be your time to shine. ;)
Oh, and this, please, you're 100% right, Assassin, Raider and Ascendant are awfully outdated, every other spec got cool new nodes or some other tweaks, these 3 need some modernization.
Last edited by Viktranka on Aug 20, 2019, 9:44:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info