[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

Some updates:

I managed to grab a Ryslatha's coil and made some adjustments to my gear at this point. I was previously only a few % on the positive side with my chaos resistances and was way over capped with my elemental resistances. I balanced these with swapping pretty much all of my accessories and got a new pair of rare boots. Getting the coil increased the damage output quite a lot!

After getting 75% + chaos resistance I've noticed a significant improvement in "close call" situations when dealing with poison/chaos dmg mobs.

I also dropped skull cracking / bone breaker tree to finish my Overlord large cluster jewel setup with two medium jewels with Lead by example, warning Call & cry wolf, rattling bellow + 2 small jewels. For the rest of the points I'm going to achieve I think I'm just gonna get some increased life from the Constitution tree.

Next step is getting a better 6-link body armor, I have a few lower ilvls already in my stash but I'm waiting for a +83 ilvl one.

A question about these gloves, do you guys think that this base type is inferior to Tombfists or Spiked Gloves rares?

Any advice on how to progress my character (bootyslamming)? My current situation is I can farm T16 easily, trying to delirium farm it though does lead to deaths by one shots. Same with f.e. Sirus fight, the smallest mistake and I'm one shot which makes it very tricky for me. Furthermore I seem to be lacking in single target damage.

I've been stuck trying to figure out what I should focus on first. I know the low life rolls on f.e. jewelry doesn't help but the rings / ammy I find which have higher life rolls which I find are just not adequate in other regards. I never really crafted and honestly don't think I have it in me to go through that. :') All res of course capped with waaay too much already for Fire and Light, not much extra on cold, so that might be something to cut down on?

I want to get a good rare helmet but I will have to downgrade on the faster attacks gem then, since I don't have the DEX requirement for it, and I'm not sure if this is worth it as in my current setup it's quite mandatory to escape fast enough from getting one shot.

I'm not sure either what gem to sub out for when I add a blue slot to my weapon for Con. effect / Increased aoe blue gem. In a way that would probably help out a lot with the single target damage.

Any and all advice would be helpful.

Upgrade budget currently is about 8ex
Hello,

i'm now at lvl. 93 and Awakening Level 5 and i think i got quit a good gear. But I really struggle with the Conquerors. I take too much damage but deal not enough. I don't know. I think i'm doing something really wrong.
Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

My Gear:
Spoiler
"
VITAFIT wrote:
Hello,

i'm now at lvl. 93 and Awakening Level 5 and i think i got quit a good gear. But I really struggle with the Conquerors. I take too much damage but deal not enough. I don't know. I think i'm doing something really wrong.
Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

My Gear:
Spoiler

Don't use Shockwave or Rage in single target fights against conquerors, they might feel good for mapping but at Awakening 5 you'll need more oomph. Use ruthless + something else (your discretion).

Pop Vaal Ancestral Warchief, pop berserk, should make these fights much easier.

Also maybe drop Immortal Call in your CWDT setup, it will suck all our endurance charges and leave you open to a smack, remember these charges grant phys dmg reduction.

Consider a basalt flask as well for additional dmg reduction. Mana issues can be solved with a jewel.

You could get better life rolls on both rings.

Sporeguard is fun you'll get better defence in terms of health from an armour chest piece with a large flat life roll and #% max life.

"
TwistedFocus wrote:
"
antwnnn wrote:
Hello! Haven't played since Blight League so I decided to give this build a shot. Went through all the Acts with ease. Now that I reached maps, I feel like I'm just too squishy. Any tips on what I need to do to my build so I can not feel as squishy? I know one of my res isn't capped because I was trying out the crafting mechanics in the grove and I had no idea what I was doing. Thank you in advance!

You desperately need life nodes AND life on you gear!

You have no life on your helm, amulet or gloves 😭

Hi took the advice and upgraded my gear the best I could! Definitely is some more room to upgrade, as I have been farming chaos recipes and have been getting lucky and got 2 EXALT DROPS! such a good feeling.

Now my question is, what should I upgrade to now? Should I go for a 6l tidebreaker? Should I branch off into a different build and just respec? I do feel the squishyness still and I realize now it could be because of my immortal call. I’m up at 4.2k life and around 7k armor I believe.

Just made it to yellow tier maps and have got 2 watchstones. I’m just worried I won’t be able to proceed further into endgame content.
"
antwnnn wrote:

Hi took the advice and upgraded my gear the best I could! Definitely is some more room to upgrade, as I have been farming chaos recipes and have been getting lucky and got 2 EXALT DROPS! such a good feeling.

Now my question is, what should I upgrade to now? Should I go for a 6l tidebreaker? Should I branch off into a different build and just respec? I do feel the squishyness still and I realize now it could be because of my immortal call. I’m up at 4.2k life and around 7k armor I believe.

Just made it to yellow tier maps and have got 2 watchstones. I’m just worried I won’t be able to proceed further into endgame content.

Nice, 2 exalt drops!

Up to you what to upgrade next, getting a 6L weapon is always a good first priority though. Make sure you have a weapon with good rolls.

I usually prefer to try buy the best rolled Tidebreaker (sort by pDPS on trade website), then will 6 socket it and 6 link it myself buy buying 1 ex worth of fusing at a time. If you can, try get one with 30% quality (or as close to as you can afford) as increases in quality do help with increasing chances of 6 linking.

You will probably want around 5.5+ k life to feel comfortable in the very end game (talking T16 maps).

If you want to use the currency you found for a new build you're more than welcome to of course. But it can be a bit of a trap to play a build then re-roll at the first sign of trouble. You'll make the most progress by continually putting currency into one character rather than spreading out all of your earnings over time on several characters. Ultimately it is just a game so do whatever brings you the most joy!

Edit: typos
Last edited by TwistedFocus on Feb 18, 2021, 1:47:19 AM
^ this is a reply to that. Couldn’t figure a way to fix it

Wow thank you for the wonderful ideas! And you’re right, I would probably be best to just min max my current build as best as I can.

Now if I were to get a 6l Tidebreaker, I’m worried about mana. Even with a 5l, warcrying every 3 hits, I still happen to run into some slight mana issues. I notice it when I pop berserk, and then I can only spam a few hits before I’m OOM. Is there something that I’m doing wrong or that I should look to spec into?
Last edited by antwnnn on Feb 18, 2021, 1:57:29 AM
Hey guys I know I already posted but I'm still wondering what route to go from here. Single target damage I can (possibly) fix with switching to 5R1B sockets on weapon, but unsure of how to progress with rings, amulet and helmet. The only reason I can't switch helmet just yet is because of the DEX which I need for Faster Attacks Support.

Issues:
- Survivability against one shots (currently at 5.4-5.5k life)
- Single target damage
- Not being able to figure out crafting at all and no viable ground slam enchant helmets
- Not knowing how to progress with Jewelry

Spoiler
"
antwnnn wrote:
Now if I were to get a 6l Tidebreaker, I’m worried about mana. Even with a 5l, warcrying every 3 hits, I still happen to run into some slight mana issues. I notice it when I pop berserk, and then I can only spam a few hits before I’m OOM. Is there something that I’m doing wrong or that I should look to spec into?

There's a few ways to solve mana issues in the build, although keep in mind even once you have done one of these methods that in times where you pop Berserk it is difficult to sustain mana just because we have a lot of attack speed all of a sudden.

Anywho, here's some solutions to mana issues:

1. Viridian base jewel with the mod "#% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana". You would also want "#% increased maximum Life" (ideally at least 6%) and one damage mod of "#% increased Area Damage" OR "#% increased Damage with Maces or Sceptres.

This combo is hard to come by and highly desired by players (hence can be expensive! 😅) but you can keep the trade on alert with the option down the bottom "activate live search" so you will get pinged when someone lists an item with your desired stats, so you may be able to grab a bargain. I have put a trade search together for you here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/yweJgaefR

2. Get the mod "#% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana" on a piece of jewelry (ring or amulet) with as many other desirable mods as possible (life, resists, adds # to # physical damage to attacks etc.)

If absolutely necessary (i.e. in the interim until you can achieve one of the above desired solutions) you can always just use a mana flask with the Enduring prefix (you can roll this yourself with alteration orbs) so that even once your mana is full, as you continue to attack it will fill up until flask duration is over.

You can also always use less auras until you have a higher level Enlighten Support to reduce mana reservation of your auras. I notice you have Enlighten lvl 1 in your helmet. Try put that in your boots along with Pride, Flesh & Stone, Maim. See how your mana pool looks then and maybe drop Blood & Sand until later.
Last edited by TwistedFocus on Feb 19, 2021, 1:15:32 AM
"
pigdestroyer wrote:
Hey guys I know I already posted but I'm still wondering what route to go from here. Single target damage I can (possibly) fix with switching to 5R1B sockets on weapon, but unsure of how to progress with rings, amulet and helmet. The only reason I can't switch helmet just yet is because of the DEX which I need for Faster Attacks Support.

Issues:
- Survivability against one shots (currently at 5.4-5.5k life)
- Single target damage
- Not being able to figure out crafting at all and no viable ground slam enchant helmets
- Not knowing how to progress with Jewelry

You don't need to be able to run max level Faster Attacks and/or Second Wind Support, just buy new gems from Lily and level to whatever the max you can get is after you un-equip your Devoto's Devotion helmet. You will have enough attack speed from generated rage to still have a responsive Leap Slam :)

Remember you can get dexterity on a jewel here or there if you need.

Here is a trade link for armour base helmets with the Ground Slam enchant: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/5nKkeDJua

If you want to have a go at crafting you can just keep it simple and scour whatever one you buy, then throw some max tier Greed essences at it for the life roll. Hopefully you can hit at least 1 decent tier resistance roll and have an open suffix that you can bench craft another resistance if you need. Essences are very cheap this league so should be easy to buy 10-20 off players and just sit down with a cup of coffee then spam away.

High tier crafting would be to get try for one of the following:

1. Elder influenced helmet with the Ground Slam enchant and try to hit big life, resistance and most importantly the "Nearby enemies take 9% increased physical damage). Could craft this type of helmet with fossils, and websites like "craft of exile" can give you a ballpark for the likelihood of hitting these stats in one go. Hint, it will not be easy to get all the stats you want without spending some $$$ and having a bit of luck.

2. At least iLVL 80 Crusader influenced helmet with the Ground Slam enchant, and try to hit "#% increased effect of Fortify on you" along with life + resistances. Again, using "craft of exile" can give you an idea of the best way to craft such a beast. But the fortify effect will aid your survivability considerably I imagine.

Regarding single target damage, swapping to 5R + 1B sockets on your weap as you suggested would be ideal, run Concentrated Effect (max level you can achieve with current stats) + Ruthless. Do not run Shockwave for single target fights!!! Don't forget to pop Berserk as well when you go in. Try to use a Vaal Ancestral Warchief for big dps bump.

Survivability wise, you could squeeze more life out by making use of another 7% max life jewel. Drop one of your Rapid Expansion jewels (having 2 is really not that different to 1) and make sure you buy a version to replace the other with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you". It may also be possible to drop your onslaught flask for a basalt flask, for more dmg reduction. A jewel with 7% max life + getting a helmet crafted as instructed above should push you closer to 6K life. Make sure you're mapping in sand stance as the blind aura from Flesh & Stone is good. Hopefully some of these suggestions were helpful.
Last edited by TwistedFocus on Feb 19, 2021, 1:39:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info