Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

Hi Wrecker,

First, I would like to thank you for the great work on builds you have done so far! Your builds are really fun, relaxed and in-depth explanations, reasoning behind choices and descriptions of various mechanics for builds is a treat to read :)

My family and I have already tried out many of your builds during various leagues, and have enjoyed literally all of them thoroughly, especially the (almost) no dependency on particular (in other builds, often very expensive) items for those builds. Great stuff!

Are you planning some new and/or updated builds for 3.13?

For example, I have especially enjoyed both variations of RF builds you made (even if they are not the flavour of the month OP meta builds), so maybe another (or updated) one is coming for 3.13? (one can hope :D )

Keep up the good work! :)

DMM
Last edited by bgdmm on Jan 13, 2021, 6:21:03 AM
"
bgdmm wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,

First, I would like to thank you for the great work on builds you have done so far! Your builds are really fun, relaxed and in-depth explanations, reasoning behind choices and descriptions of various mechanics for builds is a treat to read :)

My family and I have already tried out many of your builds during various leagues, and have enjoyed literally all of them thoroughly, especially the (almost) no dependency on particular (in other builds, often very expensive) items for those builds. Great stuff!

Are you planning some new and/or updated builds for 3.13?

For example, I have especially enjoyed both variations of RF builds you made (even if they are not the flavour of the month OP meta builds), so maybe another (or updated) one is coming for 3.13? (one can hope :D )

Keep up the good work! :)

DMM
What a thoughtful post bgdmm! Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to be so kind. I'm glad you seem to appreciate all aspects of the guides and I'm glad they've treated you well in gameplay! That's great to hear. I am going to update all three guides and my filters for 3.13, you bet :). I'll be sticking with three guides though, so no new guides coming. Just tweaks and updates for the current three. All of the 3.13 changes didn't interfere with my predetermined plans for 3.13, in fact, they buffed them! So I'm excited to publish them. Thanks again for your kindness. It goes a long way.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks for the simple guides, I plan to try a couple out during 3.13.
"
CanuckChris wrote:
Thanks for the simple guides, I plan to try a couple out during 3.13.
Awesome CanuckChris!

Thanks for the kind words! I hope they suit your style. Let me know what you think of them! Have fun in 3.13!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I'm sorry if you have answered this before but I was wondering what stuff your filter hides that your general filters(the ones not for your guides) show.
"
tcggammergod wrote:
Spoiler
I'm sorry if you have answered this before but I was wondering what stuff your filter hides that your general filters(the ones not for your guides) show.
Hey tcggammergod!

Don't be sorry at all. I explain the filter stuff within the filters themselves. I've copied it here for you:

# Both filters have 4 tiers (*All filters only filter equippable items. All other items are displayed):

# 4 - 4. Fancies-Atlas. 4 WoDs Guides/4 Everyone (The most strict filter):
# - Shows all Currency (Maps, Div cards, Fragments, etc.).
# - Shows all Awakened Support, Vaal, Drop Only, and Level-21-or-greater gems.
# - Shows all Jewels.
# - Shows all 5 and 6 links.
# - Shows all Uniques.
# - Shows all "fancy" gear (influenced, enchanted, etc.).
# - Shows all Atlas Based gear.
# - Shows all fishing items.
# - Shows 1x3 Chromatic Recipes.
# - Shows all Flasks and Gems at 14% Quality or higher.
# - Shows all 6 sockets.

# 3 - 3. 84s-Fancies-Atlas. 4 WoDs Guides/4 Everyone:
# - Shows all "Top" Rares that are ItemLevel 84 or higher.
# - Shows all Accessories that are ItemLevel 84 or higher.

# 2 - 2. Tops-84s-Fancies-Atlas. 4 WoDs Guides/4 Everyone:
# - Shows all the "Top" Rares regardless of ItemLevel.
# - Shows all Accessories regardless of ItemLevel.

# 1 - 1. Starting Off. 4 WoDs Guides/4 Everyone (The least strict filter (used for levelling)):
# - Shows all gems until Level 45 (Lilly)
# - Shows any rarity of 2-links until area level 20.
# - Shows any rarity of 3-links unitl area level 40.
# - Shows Magic accessories until area level 40.
# - Shows one-handed 3-links until area level 68.
# - Shows any rarity of 4-links until area level 68.
# - Shows only the highest available Life and Mana flasks for your map until level 68.
# - Shows all Utility flasks.
# - Shows all Chromatic Orb recipes until level 68.
# - Shows only Rare items (all tiers).

Feel free to ask more if you like. That might not have been what you were looking for.

Some of the new content that's core (I organize league and core stuff differently) isn't displayed in the same strict fashion as everything else that's been in the game for a while. I'm referring to Heist Rogue gear and Heist Alternate BaseTypes. Those will be more finely tuned in a couple of weeks. They are still displayed in an obvious fashion for the time being though so you won't miss out on anything.

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker! I'm having trouble finding the right search terms to get the answer I need so I figured I'd ask you.

Console Item Filters. I've been using yours but I'd like a change of flavor for a bit :) Can we just copypasta the .filter file text from a PC filter into the form on the website? Or does this have unintended side-effects that we would need to work around?

BTW, Thanks for the builds and filters. Running PC-centric builds on console with 4+ self casts and 42 flasks makes this guy feel old. Your builds fit my idea of recreation.
"
oALIASo wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker! I'm having trouble finding the right search terms to get the answer I need so I figured I'd ask you.

Console Item Filters. I've been using yours but I'd like a change of flavor for a bit :) Can we just copypasta the .filter file text from a PC filter into the form on the website? Or does this have unintended side-effects that we would need to work around?

BTW, Thanks for the builds and filters. Running PC-centric builds on console with 4+ self casts and 42 flasks makes this guy feel old. Your builds fit my idea of recreation.
Hi oALIASo!

I'm glad you're enjoying the builds and filters! Thanks for being so kind.

In terms of the filters, PoE's website makes it really easy to edit someone else's filter. When you click on the filter you like, instead of clicking FOLLOW, click COPY. That'll give your profile a copy of the filter that you are now able to edit as if it were your own. You can then change all the details you want...from platform to colours, sounds, items...all of it.

Does that help?

Annnnnd

"
Hi oALIASo!

In terms of the filters, PoE's website makes it really easy to edit someone else's filter. When you click on the filter you like, instead of clicking FOLLOW, click COPY. That'll give your profile a copy of the filter that you are now able to edit as if it were your own. You can then change all the details you want...from platform to colours, sounds, items...all of it.

Does that help?

Not really :D I got that part down.

In my case a PC player (Zizaran) who’s profile filter page is private, shared his customized .filter files. I’d like to use the files he shared on his stream on console. So I created new filters on my profile, opened his .filter files in notepad and copy/pasted the contents of those .filter files into new filters on my profile. Some quick testing looks like they’re working properly. I’m just trying to figure out if I’ve broken something that isn’t obvious by using PC filters on console. All the documentation I can find about item filters is for PC. Console specific filter topics I’ve found have all been about their introduction to consoles, or whether they got updated for console, etc.
Last edited by oALIASo on Jan 26, 2021, 11:59:17 PM
"
oALIASo wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hi oALIASo!

Does that help?

Not really :D I got that part down.

In my case a PC player (Zizaran) who’s profile filter page is private, shared his customized .filter files. I’d like to use the files he shared on his stream on console. So I created new filters on my profile, opened his .filter files in notepad and copy/pasted the contents of those .filter files into new filters on my profile. Some quick testing looks like they’re working properly. I’m just trying to figure out if I’ve broken something that isn’t obvious by using PC filters on console. All the documentation I can find about item filters is for PC. Console specific filter topics I’ve found have all been about their introduction to consoles, or whether they got updated for console, etc.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that helps a lot. K. Thanks.

So in Filter Land, everything is transferable between platforms except for one thing, customized sounds. Not the Shaper or numbered sounds, but the .mp3 or .wav files that people use from their PC. That's not a feature that console has. So outside of that, everything (if it's perfectly copied and pasted) will work no problem.

So the Shaper voice and the sounds 1-12 will work fine. .mp3 and .wav files will not work on console. Everything else will work no problem.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 27, 2021, 4:15:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info