Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

Yeah like Garudron, I got into your builds at 3.11. Carpal tunnel so right hand out of commission. Am a left handed player luckily.

Follow a wrong build list on 3.13. So thought I try your trigger happy build. Could not find it.

Not an expert but can trigger happy be combined with Cyclone (or any other skill that moves and attacks) at all if possible?
"
CrabCanc3r wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah like Garudron, I got into your builds at 3.11. Carpal tunnel so right hand out of commission. Am a left handed player luckily.

Follow a wrong build list on 3.13. So thought I try your trigger happy build. Could not find it.

Not an expert but can trigger happy be combined with Cyclone (or any other skill that moves and attacks) at all if possible?
Cool CrabCanc3r! And thanks! I'm sorry for Carpal. I'm glad the build works well for you though :). I haven't updated the Trigger happy build because at the time, with the changes that came to the game, the build started NEEDING a 6-link and great weapon...instead of those things just being extra helpful.

If you're still following Trigger Happy though, yes, any pure physical melee skill will work with the build.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Attention Wrecker_of_Days.... Surprise Party question!

Very interested in your "Surprise Party" build! I am currently playing a modified version of your older Bladestorm/Max Block/Counter Attack Guardian (with a few tweaks to take advantage of bleeding).

However I discovered there is a ring that boost Herald of Purity Sentinel Damage, and want to give a Herald of Purity build a try. However I was going to use a Templar (Zealot/CI) or a Juggernaut, rather than a Duelist, cause they were closer to minion nodes (honestly have no idea how they play differently, only ever been a Duelist/Guardian.

Can you explain why you choose a Champion for your Purity build (instead of a Juggernaut or Guardian) and offer any advice based upon your play so far. Also any suggestions if I did use a Guardian/Juggernaut instead... never used Energy Shield mechanic before as example... Only ever played Sword and Shield Gladiator.

Predator Support Gem "Signal Prey" reading that skill, indicates need to use it to target mobs for minions to kill, how annoying to use is that?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Yipp on Apr 27, 2021, 12:03:35 PM
"
Yipp wrote:
Spoiler
Attention Wrecker_of_Days.... Surprise Party question!

Very interested in your "Surprise Party" build! I am currently playing a modified version of your older Bladestorm/Max Block/Counter Attack Guardian (with a few tweaks to take advantage of bleeding).

However I discovered there is a ring that boost Herald of Purity Sentinel Damage, and want to give a Herald of Purity build a try. However I was going to use a Templar (Zealot/CI) or a Juggernaut, rather than a Duelist, cause they were closer to minion nodes (honestly have no idea how they play differently, only ever been a Duelist/Guardian.

Can you explain why you choose a Champion for your Purity build (instead of a Juggernaut or Guardian) and offer any advice based upon your play so far. Also any suggestions if I did use a Guardian/Juggernaut instead... never used Energy Shield mechanic before as example... Only ever played Sword and Shield Gladiator.

Predator Support Gem "Signal Prey" reading that skill, indicates need to use it to target mobs for minions to kill, how annoying to use is that?

Thanks in advance
Hey Yipp!

It's always nice to see you :). Great questions! I'll answer some of them and hopefully, it'll help answer the others inadvertently.

I'm trying the Champion as my minion tank instead of the Glad for a couple of reasons. One of them being that I didn't like that the Glad had a 21% chance to take a lot of unmitigated damage. Fortify was there, ya, but if I was unlucky and two tough enemies didn't get blocked in a row, I'd be dead. So having permanent mitigation sounded nice. Another reason for the Champ experiment is all the ally perks the Champ gives...not just to our minions but also to buddies we're playing with. So that's kind of answers the Jugg and Guard question too. Jugg and Glad don't have ally perks and the Guardian has the same inconsistent defence (block chance) as the glad.

So, not to say those are bad classes at all...I'm just looking for consistent predictable defence while also not selling out to my minions.

My Champ right now is awesome. You need a good weapon, as all melee builds do but it's solid. I have garbage gear and have been capable (defensively) of all content I've come across. I'm curious to see what it's like with decent gear. The build can likely be done easily with a shield, but I chose a two-hander for fun. Damage comes late in the tree so levelling should rush to both Spiritual nodes.

Signal Prey is awesome. I use it rarely but it's a HUGE help with busy maps and strong Rares.

Here's the Community PoB's Pastebin if you want: https://pastebin.com/B067aHL5. I built this on the fly so it can definitely be min/maxed. I'm unsure about Ensuring Bond as I don't use a minion skill recently anymore. But if it's being replaced, it'd need to be replaced with minion Minion damage.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Wrecker, thanks for the answers to my questions....

Currently working on my Max Block/counter attack Gladiator securing both Craiceann's and Belly 5L body armor on the same day! Boy do I have mana reservation issues with the change to Flesh and Stone! Can't run Crabs ugh. Build works great in the Ultimatum Mechanic, I refuse to move, select what stones are going to be thrown at me... and laugh at their futility!

I have your character profile always up on my screen so I can see the improvements you make as you go. Its fun to watch your progress!

Since I solo play... (have no allies and throwing my minions under the bus does not bother me :P ) I will use either a Marauder/Juggernaut or Templar/Guardian 1 Life CI for my "Surprise Party build. Been getting a lot of Unique Drops in the Ultimatum Mechanic that are Str/Int so Templar looking more likely.

Cluster Jewels. I notice in your passive tree you have not taken (or not yet) any cluster jewels. There are Herald Specific Notables that look powerful. Giving any thought to that for your Surprise Party build?

Will keep you posted on how I progress... and thank you for doing what you do, as it allows me to play POE, which otherwise would be closed to me.

Last edited by Yipp on Apr 30, 2021, 3:50:05 PM
"
Yipp wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker, thanks for the answers to my questions....

Currently working on my Max Block/counter attack Gladiator securing both Craiceann's and Belly 5L body armor on the same day! Boy do I have mana reservation issues with the change to Flesh and Stone! Can't run Crabs ugh. Build works great in the Ultimatum Mechanic, I refuse to move, select what stones are going to be thrown at me... and laugh at their futility!

I have your character profile always up on my screen so I can see the improvements you make as you go. Its fun to watch your progress!

Since I solo play... (have no allies and throwing my minions under the bus does not bother me :P ) I will use either a Marauder/Juggernaut or Templar/Guardian 1 Life CI for my "Surprise Party build. Been getting a lot of Unique Drops in the Ultimatum Mechanic that are Str/Int so Templar looking more likely.

Cluster Jewels. I notice in your passive tree you have not taken (or not yet) any cluster jewels. There are Herald Specific Notables that look powerful. Giving any thought to that for your Surprise Party build?

Will keep you posted on how I progress... and thank you for doing what you do, as it allows me to play POE, which otherwise would be closed to me.

Your iteration of TH sounds fun! I'm looking forward to the feedback.

I honestly don't care about cluster jewels at all. I find them tedious to plan around. If one drops it's easy to respec to. But I normally plan my builds around the "worst-case scenario" to make sure they're working well no matter the drops. So I'm sure many clusters would be awesome here...especially considering that after I get Annointed Flesh, I was going to go to Enduring Bond. But Enduring bond doesn't really have too much value for this build. So maybe it's just better to put those last 6 nodes into clusters and see what drops...

Thanks for your kindness. I really appreciate what you said. I'm really happy to have helped you enjoy the game and your kind words mean a lot :).

Also, I'm not sure if you follow my PC or Xbox account. But, just as a heads up, I play league (and very little league) on PC. All my standard characters on XBox are where I do most of my testing and playing and such.

Annnnnd

Wrecker....

Follow you on Youtube and in forums. Still focused on my unkillable counter attack guy now level 83 with 3/4 of the Craiceann's armour. Bought a level 3 Enlightened to make my build work. Right now playing around with Scaeva Gladius + Vaal Pact vs Jack the Axe and no Vaal Pact. Not sure whcich way is best will know when I hit level 16 maps.

Really torn on my version of Surprise Party leaning towards a Templar CI build cause I never done that.... but could still be a Juggernaut stealing the Crab armor from my unkillable Counter Attack guy.

Like most of the "mechanics" of POE, they are just too much for a casual player to absorb. Maybe we can learn one or two, but more than that forget it.

Jun and her investigations... What? Huh? No thank you... KILL EVERYONE, leave me alone! :)

Sister Cassia... and her oils... Castor? Olive? Motor?

Trialmaster I understand... stand here... kill everyone.

Alva, loot the temples... then 100years later the UN will force you to give it back

Einhar... is my hero... Hey shoot that.. its dead... Yay us

Niko... Hey Niko... I need a night light... my night vision is shot, NO! I am out of here.

Sorry I could not help myself! :P

Enjoy POE much more than I did WoW or D3. Can't handle WoW's endless waiting for everyone to be ready to fight the monster, and D3's can I get a .0000001 improvement on my item drop, to make no difference on my play experience.

Anyway.... will keep watching your profile and your threads for updates pal
will you be doing different builds this league or will this be the 3 for 3.14?
"
Yipp wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker....

Follow you on Youtube and in forums. Still focused on my unkillable counter attack guy now level 83 with 3/4 of the Craiceann's armour. Bought a level 3 Enlightened to make my build work. Right now playing around with Scaeva Gladius + Vaal Pact vs Jack the Axe and no Vaal Pact. Not sure whcich way is best will know when I hit level 16 maps.

Really torn on my version of Surprise Party leaning towards a Templar CI build cause I never done that.... but could still be a Juggernaut stealing the Crab armor from my unkillable Counter Attack guy.

Like most of the "mechanics" of POE, they are just too much for a casual player to absorb. Maybe we can learn one or two, but more than that forget it.

Jun and her investigations... What? Huh? No thank you... KILL EVERYONE, leave me alone! :)

Sister Cassia... and her oils... Castor? Olive? Motor?

Trialmaster I understand... stand here... kill everyone.

Alva, loot the temples... then 100years later the UN will force you to give it back

Einhar... is my hero... Hey shoot that.. its dead... Yay us

Niko... Hey Niko... I need a night light... my night vision is shot, NO! I am out of here.

Sorry I could not help myself! :P

Enjoy POE much more than I did WoW or D3. Can't handle WoW's endless waiting for everyone to be ready to fight the monster, and D3's can I get a .0000001 improvement on my item drop, to make no difference on my play experience.

Anyway.... will keep watching your profile and your threads for updates pal
:) Just take the game as it comes. Instead of trying to learn it all, I've found PoE much more rewarding by simply being excited at what comes instead of praying something does. By applying the basics really well, you can simply enjoy all the add-on content as a bonus instead of a far-fetched requirement of some sort. I've found peace in that regard for sure with this game.

I'll tweet, post here, on the corresponding old guide, and have a new thread for the new/revamped builds when they're out. Hopefully by my Saturday. Thanks for your encouragement :)

Annnnnd

"
Spoiler
will you be doing different builds this league or will this be the 3 for 3.14?
Hey GamerNerdRage81!

I LOVE writing guides. I'm obsessed with POE. Unfortunately, guide writing takes a lot of personal time. Time I love spending on it, but time nonetheless. So I have to set limits for myself or my family would leave me ;).

I'll be sticking with these three guides for this league. Every league will be 3 or 4 guides max.

That being said, I am going to post 3 builds, not guides, by this weekend (I hope). I'll be posting my old Trigger Happy max block Glad, my old RF Chief, and my current minion Champ. They won't be guides, but I'll post them so people can play them and give feedback. I may bring them back instead of a couple of current ones next league but I'd like feedback if people have the time/desire.

So hopefully by Saturday I'll have them out and posted here.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info