[PS4] 3.7.3d Patch Notes

Hello GGG Staff

I want to start off by saying that the game does seem a bit smoother at times with monoliths in general when playing and over the last few patches there has been improvement of the overall game. we finally got the "double dash" issue under control it seems and I know that one was mention several times in previous posts. I can say that as of right now I have not been kicked in over angood 45 minutes or so which was not the case yesterday for example, so Thank you.

That being said, I do feel that there is something going on with the Cyclone skill which is causing the de-sync issues. I have personally been playing around with cyclone and trying to recreate the de-sync to better understand what may be causing it and have noticed that it does happen more frequently the more movement speed the character has. Might not hurt looking into the possibility problem with the formula in how the cyclone gem is calculating the reduced speed of the player when in use, as the more speed a player has or combination of a other movement skills like dash will make this issue happen more frequently.

Hope to see a fix for this issue soon.
Deleted double posted
Last edited by KUNY05 on Jul 16, 2019, 9:31:23 PM
So after playing this patch, I've decided you don't understand what the real issues affecting your players are.

1. Cyclone is the most widely used skill in the game and it causes desync when moving through doors, around objects, and corners. Desync is where your character is one place on your client and another on your server. This should be your TOP PRIORITY to fix.

2. Once again desync revolving around other movement skills. (leap slam, flame dash, whirling blades) This can happen even when moving in a straight line when trying to go fast.

3. Blue screens. Come on guys.

4. General game lock and lag. This includes monolith lag, screen lock in towns, and loss of character control.

So I have a special offer for you GGG. Fix items 1 and 2 and I'll support you monetarily again.
Last edited by krich1981 on Jul 16, 2019, 10:22:35 PM
"
Hmmm, don't see anything on here about Cyclone desyncing me constantly...crossing my fingers that maybe its included with "general fixes." Stinks that one of the most popular builds of the league is so busted. Its fun when it works tho.

If you're getting constant desyncs it may be something on your end. I know Cyclone desync is definitely a thing and have had it myself, but lately I have a hard desync maybe once or twice in a 6 hour session. Try changing to the next closest server at the title screen and setting up a static IP on your PS4 and port forward PSN.

Moreso than almost any console game PoE has a lot of proactive steps to take to drastically reduce issues. While that doesn't make it "OK" it definitely makes the game less frustrating in the meantime.
So, are the servers down or something? I can't get on the game so far, getting "unexpected disconnects" on the log in every time.
"
DougHoffmann wrote:
So, are the servers down or something? I can't get on the game so far, getting "unexpected disconnects" on the log in every time.

No sir currently playing.
Can't connect. Are the servers down?
"
Hugspecced wrote:
"
Hmmm, don't see anything on here about Cyclone desyncing me constantly...crossing my fingers that maybe its included with "general fixes." Stinks that one of the most popular builds of the league is so busted. Its fun when it works tho.

If you're getting constant desyncs it may be something on your end. I know Cyclone desync is definitely a thing and have had it myself, but lately I have a hard desync maybe once or twice in a 6 hour session. Try changing to the next closest server at the title screen and setting up a static IP on your PS4 and port forward PSN.

Moreso than almost any console game PoE has a lot of proactive steps to take to drastically reduce issues. While that doesn't make it "OK" it definitely makes the game less frustrating in the meantime.

I have 3 friends that play cyclone and we all experience constant desyncs in large pack size maps and often in others. This is a well known and prolific problem.
Thanks for the updates =) you guys have been updating this game once or twice a week since its ps4 release. Ive personally played several characters on the hardcore leagues to top 100 for the past 3 leagues. The game has been getting progressively better. In this league i have blue screened 1 time compared to flashback league where i would blue screen 1-2 times per map. Mostly because of monster density plus the graphics being too much for a POS console to handle. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. The amount of effort that you all put into getting this game to where it is does not go unnoticed.
"
Taynewgar wrote:
Can't connect. Are the servers down?

server is ok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info