[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

"
Gromrok wrote:
I went with this build as one of about 5 I do every league.

I landed on Incinerate. You had a large investment in AOE already, so Incinerate just feels great. You get to use Infused Channeling instead of Echo and I personally found the feel of Incinerate to be fantastic.

Feel free to check out my profile. POB puts me at 2M damage fully buffed, and about 1.2M with no flasks or temp buffs. Damage feels great, was able to do Guardians, Shaper and UE without an issue. The tankiness that the build was designed around is still there and feels great.

Just my 2c. Keep up the awesome builds.

POB currently: https://pastebin.com/KGf223w0

Only big investments were the Watcher's Eye and the 6L Shavs. Everything else purchased for 10-20C or under.

Will try it out and also give feedback how it feels. Just bought a nice Watcher's Eye with Mana to ES, Fire penetration and reduced crit dmg when using Determination.
Any plans for adding leveling tips and bandits?
"
Gromrok wrote:
I went with this build as one of about 5 I do every league.

Now, let me begin by saying that the "feel" of self-cast BL just didn't feel right. Griz, your build is great, but I didn't like it. Something about the combo of Echo and Slower Proj just didn't sit well with me.

SO

Looking at your tree, you really only take 5 pts of specific Lightning damage, so I went in search of a better "feeling" spell that still did good damage.

I tried Fireball, damage hit was too big. I tried Storm Burst - still didn't like it without more investment in physical damage and conversion abuse.

I landed on Incinerate. You had a large investment in AOE already, so Incinerate just feels great. You get to use Infused Channeling instead of Echo and I personally found the feel of Incinerate to be fantastic.

Feel free to check out my profile. POB puts me at 2M damage fully buffed, and about 1.2M with no flasks or temp buffs. Damage feels great, was able to do Guardians, Shaper and UE without an issue. The tankiness that the build was designed around is still there and feels great.

Just my 2c. Keep up the awesome builds.

POB currently: https://pastebin.com/KGf223w0

Only big investments were the Watcher's Eye and the 6L Shavs. Everything else purchased for 10-20C or under.

Nice that you found a spell that suits you :> As i said before, build can be used with pretty much every spell (with small tree changes), damage and tankiness will still be there, so yeah i'm glad you enjoy it now. For some reason i'm a sucker for ball lightning

"
Any plans for adding leveling tips and bandits?

Yea i will finish the build in the future, probably not going to do levelling section tho, as there aren't really any tips that could be given.
Could I just know what decision you went with the bandits?

Also, I noticed your POB doesn't have CI?
Last edited by firstdenial on Jul 27, 2019, 10:35:05 AM
He's using Shavronnes and low life for even more auras (see shield).
That doesn't explains why he bypassed CI tho. I get that chayula reduces ton of chaos damage but wouldn't it still go past ES?
"
firstdenial wrote:
That doesn't explains why he bypassed CI tho. I get that chayula reduces ton of chaos damage but wouldn't it still go past ES?

If he had CI he couldn't run the three auras in the shield since CI sets life to 1.

And Chaos damage doesn't pass ES due to Shavronne's.
Last edited by rainmeadow on Jul 27, 2019, 11:48:17 AM
"
firstdenial wrote:
Could I just know what decision you went with the bandits?

Also, I noticed your POB doesn't have CI?

Kill all bandits

CI doesn't make any sense in this build, you would lose 3 auras and 30% more dmg from PA
"
firstdenial wrote:
That doesn't explains why he bypassed CI tho.

/facepalm
Fun stuff man. Started this build about a week ago and been having such a blast. Really appreciate the effort you put into it.

Currently working to see how far we can take this guy into delve. May get a Stone or Chaos golem instead of Lightning and thinking about setting up my wand to autocast some stuff soon as a previous guy mentioned here. Feels smooth as hell with all the cast speed still though.

Current gear/setup

I have setup my resists for wise oak in order to always gain pen on lightning with any flask combo up as well as always have cold and fire reduction (only 6% fire from flask when dying sun up ofc)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info