[3.7] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 2-4m Shaper DPS | Videos up

"
grizzly40 wrote:
"
Fullrom wrote:
I'm confused, why just purity of ice?

Also isn't conductivity better than Ele weakness here? :o

With my current gear i have enough resistance to not use purity of elements, so obviously it's better to just use purity of fire/ice/lightning for max resistance bonus. I chose purity for ice, probably the most useful one (uber elder, delve).

Conductivity gives the same amount of -res as 20% elemental weakness, there is no difference


Make sense for purity.

Regarding conductivity... even if we don't apply shock with ball lightning because of elemental focus support, the lightning dmg from orb of storm and herald of thunder does have an increased chance of shocking with conductivity applied than EW nah?
"
Fullrom wrote:
"
grizzly40 wrote:
"
Fullrom wrote:
I'm confused, why just purity of ice?

Also isn't conductivity better than Ele weakness here? :o

With my current gear i have enough resistance to not use purity of elements, so obviously it's better to just use purity of fire/ice/lightning for max resistance bonus. I chose purity for ice, probably the most useful one (uber elder, delve).

Conductivity gives the same amount of -res as 20% elemental weakness, there is no difference


Make sense for purity.

Regarding conductivity... even if we don't apply shock with ball lightning because of elemental focus support, the lightning dmg from orb of storm and herald of thunder does have an increased chance of shocking with conductivity applied than EW nah?

It shocks all the time anyway with it's very high chance to crit, meanwhile elemental weakness will provide more damage if you have other sources of damage, not only lightning (which can happen)
Last edited by grizzly40 on Jul 14, 2019, 7:59:48 AM
So i'm just finished with crafting this baby :)

took me 300-400 alts to isolate and 7 annuls + 5 divine to perfect 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos. I tried going for the dmg penetrates 10% elemental resistance suffix too but i wanted to craft trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill to put orb of storms with a curse on hit proj weakness dmg.
What do you think??

Man, your builds never dissapoint ;)
"
Fullrom wrote:
So i'm just finished with crafting this baby :)

took me 300-400 alts to isolate and 7 annuls + 5 divine to perfect 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos. I tried going for the dmg penetrates 10% elemental resistance suffix too but i wanted to craft trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill to put orb of storms with a curse on hit proj weakness dmg.
What do you think??


Not a bad idea at all if you don't like to cast it manually, not a big problem tho, you only should cast orb of storms against bosses, trash mobs die instantly

"
Man, your builds never dissapoint ;)


Thanks ;p
Hello, I'm probably completely stupid but how does your ball of lightning have three projectiles? I can't find it anywhere.
"
Fuzator wrote:
Hello, I'm probably completely stupid but how does your ball of lightning have three projectiles? I can't find it anywhere.

Dying sun flask
Why stack cast speed? Potentially only two projectiles in a cast do not share 150ms cd, so why cast speed? The initial and spell echeoed one, no?
Or is it per volley and every stacked aoe will damage target?
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Jul 14, 2019, 4:50:44 PM
"
Why stack cast speed? Potentially only two projectiles in a cast do not share 150ms cd, so why cast speed? The initial and spell echeoed one, no?
Or is it per volley and every stacked aoe will damage target?

More cast speed - more dmg xd. And no, only 1 projectile will deal damage, dying sun is used for it's massive aoe boost
Nice guide grizz! I was fortunate to have some early insight on this build from grizz and can say it is quite thicc. I'm level 82 and currently have 9400 es, 4300 mana, 23k armor and 36k tooltip dps for ball lightning.

While this is a very tanky build and I haven't reached it's full potential yet, I have been insta-gibbed a few times and I have no idea what did it. Wish this game had a kill log. Anyway, I am going to keep pushing it as I wanted something more tanky for guardians and uber elder.

Nice job grizz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info