[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

"
grizzly40 wrote:
"
Fullrom wrote:
So i'm just finished with crafting this baby :)

took me 300-400 alts to isolate and 7 annuls + 5 divine to perfect 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos. I tried going for the dmg penetrates 10% elemental resistance suffix too but i wanted to craft trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill to put orb of storms with a curse on hit proj weakness dmg.
What do you think??

Not a bad idea at all if you don't like to cast it manually, not a big problem tho, you only should cast orb of storms against bosses, trash mobs die instantly

What am i saying, Wave of conviction curse on hit proj weakness :) thats better

If i put orb of storms every time i cast ball lightning it will reset and wont have time to apply the first tick curse while WoC just blast everymob with -lightning res, i'm currently playing with an elder malachai in the other ring
with 1 abyss jewel with minions deal an addition cold or fire dmg, the 4 minions constantly apply EE for another -50 lightning res, you dont loose much in tankiness but a huge dps boost, and cost uprise since you now have one less slot for resist
Last edited by Fullrom on Jul 14, 2019, 6:13:26 PM

It will work, sure, but it's going to be pain in the ass for majority of players to get enough resistance after that :p If you want to mix max then sure, but then again everything dies so fast already that minions will barely have time to apply -res
Last edited by grizzly40 on Jul 14, 2019, 6:35:02 PM
"
grizzly40 wrote:

It will work, sure, but it's going to be pain in the ass for majority of players to get enough resistance after that :p If you want to mix max then sure, but then again everything dies so fast already that minions will barely have time to apply -res

For sure but it will count when you do need big big dmg to delete those t15/16 legion rares or get guardians down in a couple seconds. I want this build to be my first lvl 100 :)
RIP HOWA Jugg, long live The Ball Guard. Will definitely give this a go, thanks for all your efforts.
Second-class poe gamer
Added flasks section, will add the rest this week, but not much remains
Man this looks awesome. Probably the last char I'll try this league.

Thanks for sharing !
So my idea from a previous build to couple

with
with

to have our minions proc EE with cold or fire dmg added to minions

does not work as contrary to hatred, wrath gives lightning dmg to our minions.
I opted for an elder ring with aspect of the spider for even more comfort instead of HoP.

this is what my char looks like atm, 0 death :) clean!

Little update on my set up in the weapon, by having additional cooldown reduction on our boots, it reduces the proc of the socket spell (WoC with curse on hit proj weakness) to

2.5sec +- this means we can constantly -25% lightning res + proj weakness curse important packs without having to think about anything.

Additionaly, with that much cc speed recovery; a 4 link lightning warp allows us to TP instantly accros the map ;)
I am leveling this build but wow this already feels like a powerhouse. I wanted to know if you swap slower projectiles for mapping? I was also curious what passive you save for Uber lab? I was thinking time of need but the curse removal is obviously a big QoL. Thanks for the guide!
"
soultari wrote:
I am leveling this build but wow this already feels like a powerhouse. I wanted to know if you swap slower projectiles for mapping? I was also curious what passive you save for Uber lab? I was thinking time of need but the curse removal is obviously a big QoL. Thanks for the guide!

I don't swap, you can tp into packs and destroy a half screen with 1 cast because you don't have to worry about dying, so there is no need for that i think.

I don't understand your second question :p
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant which ascendancy nodes did you save until Uber Lab?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info