[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
So i took some time today and followed your guide. i think im pretty much set up damage wise. mapping ist totally satisfying. the only problem i have is single target. i cant barely kill t16 bosses. Am i missing something or what is the problem? (first time playing anything spell based)

If you're used to modern attack based (shaper actually has mechanics, did you know? XD), you'll feel like the damage is kinda low, yes. It takes around 8-9 seconds to clear shaper's first phase, for exemple.
Just don't forget to place your totems beforehand and pop witchfire brew.

Most spells deal more damage, ED is a bit annoying to scale because you can't just go crit or stack flat damage. Its damage is kinda capped, hence the focus of this build on much more defences. Still hitting 1.2M dps, but yeah, it can feel weak damage wise in comparison to the top tier DPS skills.

"
lordfratos wrote:
hi guys. can we use this build as a league starter?

This was my leaguestarter for legion. Yes, it's a really nice starter. I wouldn't recommend it for next league tho, it will most likely get nerfed, and the ed/contagion playstyle is clunky, wouldn't play it if monoliths weren't a thing.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"

This was my leaguestarter for legion. Yes, it's a really nice starter. I wouldn't recommend it for next league tho, it will most likely get nerfed, and the ed/contagion playstyle is clunky, wouldn't play it if monoliths weren't a thing.

thanks for answer dude.
Thank you very much for this guide Darkxellmc!

I never played ED before but always wanted to try out. There's not much to add but I wanted to confirm your topic line with my experience on this build after using it as my league starter:
- ultra tough and with cwdt setup even better
- there are no bad map mods anymore
- all content viable without any adjustments (I took some more aoe from skilltree)
- Monolith destruction is real

I'm done now with 36 challenges, maybe I even finish the remaining, but probably with another character. I need change after rushing this league, started almost a month late but still got to red maps with ease on this character within a day or two. It's great, even leveling is easy and the progression feels awesome.

My gear

Gear is for sale, if you are interested, pm me.

Selfcrafted items

Other items

Flasks

Gems
I had to buy all my gems, absolutley no luck with self corrupting them...

Just one note to all the people who want to try this and max with selfcrafted gear: on first sight it didn't look that expensive to me, but some mods are rolled rare and almost all crafts cost exalts. I was lucky that I could selfcraft most after a few weeks of playing. Sure, there are way more expensive builds around, but I never played any character to this extend. It's a great build and I liked it very much.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
So i took some time today and followed your guide. i think im pretty much set up damage wise. mapping ist totally satisfying. the only problem i have is single target. i cant barely kill t16 bosses. Am i missing something or what is the problem? (first time playing anything spell based)

If you're used to modern attack based (shaper actually has mechanics, did you know? XD), you'll feel like the damage is kinda low, yes. It takes around 8-9 seconds to clear shaper's first phase, for exemple.
Just don't forget to place your totems beforehand and pop witchfire brew.

Most spells deal more damage, ED is a bit annoying to scale because you can't just go crit or stack flat damage. Its damage is kinda capped, hence the focus of this build on much more defences. Still hitting 1.2M dps, but yeah, it can feel weak damage wise in comparison to the top tier DPS skills.

thanks for the response. So i invested some time and currency to further upgrade my gear and this is my final setup i guess:

Spoiler

i kinda get used to the playstyle and even boss damage doesnt feel that bad anymore. And i didnt die once since i follow this build :)
i love it!
Last edited by xPharrix on Aug 15, 2019, 6:36:19 AM
I notice you have a cwdt curse in chest and despair on flask, does that not count as 2 curses or am I missing +1 curse somewhere in build. Im leveling a trickasshoe now because I absolutely love the theory behind this build and the knowledge you have when backing up your ideas. Ive got ammy and rings already to multi and bow is an easy craft, the uniques are easily buyable, the belt and hubris are making me a bit nervous though, is there a non essence drain enchant that will work I can search for on vertex or hubris? The current ones up are 30+ex and not even rolled right or easily mulitcraftable.
"
TraePOE wrote:
I notice you have a cwdt curse in chest and despair on flask, does that not count as 2 curses or am I missing +1 curse somewhere in build. Im leveling a trickasshoe now because I absolutely love the theory behind this build and the knowledge you have when backing up your ideas. Ive got ammy and rings already to multi and bow is an easy craft, the uniques are easily buyable, the belt and hubris are making me a bit nervous though, is there a non essence drain enchant that will work I can search for on vertex or hubris? The current ones up are 30+ex and not even rolled right or easily mulitcraftable.

Hi, glad you're liking the build! :p

Helm
Helmet is expensive. Enchanted hubris was 20ex last time I checked, and crafting 315+es is also very expensive/time consuming.
A simple vertex with no enchant works just fine too tho, you loose around 15% dps and a bit of life/es, but the evasion is nice and you save currency on the enlighten.

Belt
Belt is really easy. I still have 2 2-mods belts in my stash for sale for 1ex each, but I believe if you spend the time to trade for 3mod ones/annul them you can get them easily. Do NOT alt spam them, the flask mod is incredibly rare.
If you're talking about the belt I'm currently wearing with the annulled multimod, then yes it's much more difficult to hit, for obvious reasons. It triples the price, so if we assume the belt I'm recommending to be 5ex, an annulled one is 15ex.

Curses
We indeed only have one curse. Despair is an aura, and will override enfeeble if we get close to an enfeebled enemy. Despair isn't always up tho (flask), especially on distant targets, that's why I'm using enfeeble (also because I don't have much else to put there...).

Gl hf, and thanks for the feedback! :p
Can you explain the flasks used in the minotaur vid on page 1? They differ from the guide and I dont even know which ones those are, what they do, and why you picked those for your build or maybe just that fight idk.
"
joshleeman wrote:
Can you explain the flasks used in the minotaur vid on page 1? They differ from the guide and I dont even know which ones those are, what they do, and why you picked those for your build or maybe just that fight idk.

They are exactly what I show in the thread. I'm using skin transfers.
Quartz - aquamarine - Witchfire brew. Right one is quicksilver.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
joshleeman wrote:

They are exactly what I show in the thread. I'm using skin transfers.
Quartz - aquamarine - Witchfire brew. Right one is quicksilver.

Oh I didnt even know that was a thing. I saw you comment earlier that your were trying to figure out a way to implement flesh and stone into the build and was wondering what you came up with or at least what might be possible if not perfectly ideal?

Say you have vertex AND a lvl 4 empower does that not allow FnS? Im not sure how the vertex 50% reduced costs works with mana reserved because if you just do the math it works perfect but I know poe does additive/multiplicative stuff I dont understand. I mean say while leveling if your damage was there but you were taking an ass beating you could certainly just swap spider for flesh and stone until you get more defensive right, its a simple 1 for 1 swap offense for defense or am I missing something there too?
"
joshleeman wrote:

Oh I didnt even know that was a thing. I saw you comment earlier that your were trying to figure out a way to implement flesh and stone into the build and was wondering what you came up with or at least what might be possible if not perfectly ideal?

Say you have vertex AND a lvl 4 empower does that not allow FnS? Im not sure how the vertex 50% reduced costs works with mana reserved because if you just do the math it works perfect but I know poe does additive/multiplicative stuff I dont understand. I mean say while leveling if your damage was there but you were taking an ass beating you could certainly just swap spider for flesh and stone until you get more defensive right, its a simple 1 for 1 swap offense for defense or am I missing something there too?

Reduced mana cost does NOT affect auras, cost multiplier and reduced mana reserved do. I didn't fit flesh and stone in the build in the end. Imo, the best way to get it is to use an aul's uprising amulet, but I don't really like that option. It's expensive and removes some damage and an endurance charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info