Getting T1 maps with 100+ atlas bonus

I bet you "that" chance that doesn't take into consideration your Atlas on shaped map bosses is probably the culprit behind why I find a frickin t9 UGS instead of the Shaped version EVERY single time i kill the boss and get a UGS map. Something is wrong there, and it needs to be fixed. In the 200 plus shaped UGS i've ran, the boss has NEVER dropped a shaped version. It's always the regular version.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
TheMaker51 wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Follow up:
I've made a few mistakes here.

Snip

Currently when a Boss drops a map and that map was dropped due to the "Additional Chance to drop an adjacent Map", this map is NOT taking your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account which will cause it to remain a T1 map.

Hopefully this explains and clears up a few things.

Why is this the case? Is it because there are otherwise issues with you getting maps you shouldn't be able to?

The emotions expressed in this thread indicate a lot of confusion/frustration over this case, and I personally would have assumed it's a bug otherwise, as well.

The idea behind the adjacent map drops is to help towards Atlas Completion which is why they don't take your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account.

This additional map drop does NOT make you lose out on other maps, this was something we introduced in 3.7.0 which has an additional chance to drop an adjacent map ALONG with any other maps that the Map Boss can drop.

Does this answer your question?

So is a BUG yes? You guys will fix it ASAP yes? Papa Einhar is really upset because can't sustain elder map still can get normal map from map boss =(
My YOUTUBE Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7SYVrfQWKi0NJiAJJMusg
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
TheMaker51 wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Follow up:
I've made a few mistakes here.

Snip

Currently when a Boss drops a map and that map was dropped due to the "Additional Chance to drop an adjacent Map", this map is NOT taking your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account which will cause it to remain a T1 map.

Hopefully this explains and clears up a few things.

Why is this the case? Is it because there are otherwise issues with you getting maps you shouldn't be able to?

The emotions expressed in this thread indicate a lot of confusion/frustration over this case, and I personally would have assumed it's a bug otherwise, as well.

The idea behind the adjacent map drops is to help towards Atlas Completion which is why they don't take your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account.

This additional map drop does NOT make you lose out on other maps, this was something we introduced in 3.7.0 which has an additional chance to drop an adjacent map ALONG with any other maps that the Map Boss can drop.

Does this answer your question?

Don't you guys think that 8x the chance to drop adjacent locked map (in comparison to other maps of the same tier that are not adjacent/locked) is enough to help with the Atlas completion stuff, especially now that you can use Zana 1c map mod for random map of the same tier and Horizon Orbs are really common to get your hands on?

Is there really a need to add this obscure rule which is in conflict with other Atlas mechanics? Being able to drop a T1 and T6 Haunted Mansions from killing one boss of T7 Alleways sounds extremely weird and confusing.
"
Karvarousku wrote:
Don't you guys think that 8x the chance to drop adjacent locked map (in comparison to other maps of the same tier that are not adjacent/locked) is enough to help with the Atlas completion stuff, especially now that you can use Zana 1c map mod for random map of the same tier and Horizon Orbs are really common to get your hands on?

Is there really a need to add this obscure rule which is in conflict with other Atlas mechanics? Being able to drop a T1 and T6 Haunted Mansions from killing one boss of T7 Alleways sounds extremely weird and confusing.

This "obscure rule" existed since August 2016
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099

"
Kyle_GGG wrote:
No matter your atlas state, you are always able to drop tier-1 maps.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

This "obscure rule" existed since August 2016
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099

"
Kyle_GGG wrote:
No matter your atlas state, you are always able to drop tier-1 maps.

Nope, before 3.7 if you had over 100% Atlas bonus and ran T2 maps, you we're not able to drop T1 maps at all. The statement you quote is not correct, despite it being a Dev response. While it's technically correct, there are multiple practical scenarios that made it impossible to obtain T1 maps, making the statement inaccurate and misleading.

You do drop T1 maps, but they are upgraded to T2 (or T3) maps before the player actually sees them. Even today, with the exception of Legion special drops and the new added map boss adjacent bonus drop that both completely ignore Atlas mechanics for some reason.

So, this obscure rule is actually new as of 3.7.

Funnily the page you took the image from also completely ignores another extremely important Atlas rule that we didn't know before we ran a bunch of tests because the dev response we though was correct was very conflicting with the real world data. So we made a big test, which resulted in a GGG coming in and clearing it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axg2s4/psa_map_drops_dont_work_as_weve_been_let_to/
"
Karvarousku wrote:
So we made a big test, which resulted in a GGG coming in and clearing it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axg2s4/psa_map_drops_dont_work_as_weve_been_let_to/

Interesting read, thank you.

All we now have to do is to demand a crystal clear statement from GGG about "up-to-date" whole new Atlas Mechanics Manifesto so such threads won't appear again and again (counted at least 3 about "T1 map drops" today on Reddit...)

Good luck with that \^_^
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
Karvarousku wrote:

Funnily the page you took the image from also completely ignores another extremely important Atlas rule that we didn't know before we ran a bunch of tests because the dev response we though was correct was very conflicting with the real world data. So we made a big test, which resulted in a GGG coming in and clearing it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axg2s4/psa_map_drops_dont_work_as_weve_been_let_to/

I've gone through the reddit post, I did indeed miss the point where there's a fall-back to T1 maps, I've updated my previous comment to mention this.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

I've gone through the reddit post, I did indeed miss the point where there's a fall-back to T1 maps, I've updated my previous comment to mention this.

I'm also pretty sure when completing a Zana mission, you're able to drop T1 maps because Zana doesn't share your Atlas or Atlas bonus%. And then on top of this, the Zana mission 'find the map' seems to be able to drop T1s even on higher maps as well. Probably due to the same reason.

"

Hmm, this seems potentially untrue. At the very least, it's conflicting with what Chris has said recently. In this response from Chris he mentioned that map drops were balanced around this feature not working, which would obviously mean that you had increased map drops because of that. Right?

So with this rule actually now working and based on his comment you are now rebalancing around it, this means overall decreasing map drops, because we're getting more bonus map drops from the map bosses, no?

This actually results in a scenario where we are obtaining less +2 map drops from bosses, because the new rule cannot give us +2 map drops as they are not adjacent, correct?

I'm very curious as to why this new rule was made specifically to only give adjacent maps instead of any map within tier drop restrictions in general, as we have extremely many ways of obtaining missing maps:

1) Adjacency bonus 4x in comparison to other maps of the same tier

2) Locked bonus 2x (8x when locked and adjacent) in comparison to other maps of the same tier

3) Horizon orbs are now normal currency drops

4) Zana mod for 1 chaos to reroll the map to other map of the same tier

5) 3-to-1 recipes no longer limited to only one adjacent +1 tier map, and instead can give any adjacent +1 tier map

6) Corrupting any map of the same tier within the quadrant can yield any +1 tier map of the same quadrant (This is actually causing a bug where you're unable to corrupt a T13 Shrine from T12 Shipyard btw, as they are adjacent but not in the same quadrant)

This new addition seems to just cause more confusion on already somewhat convoluted system that the Atlas can be, for seemingly no benefit. Imagine a newer player completing a Shaped T7 Alleways and upon killing the boss, they receive both T1 Haunted Mansion from the bonus drop, and a Shaped T6 Haunted Mansion from a normal drop.

And because you decided to make it only drop adjacent maps as a bonus drop, you pretty much had to make it ignore your Atlas because othervise smart players would be able to bruteforce this adjacent bonus drop to always be a higher tier map by shaping the lower level adjacent maps. This is what I think also lead to the issue of getting non-shaped maps from the map boss even if the map that you are running is a high tier map (eg finding T9 Underground Sea from the boss of Shaped T13 Toxic Sewers while having Underground Sea shaped to T14 in your Atlas).

I'm sorry if this is a bit out of the boundaries of a bug report now.
"
Karvarousku wrote:

This new addition seems to just cause more confusion on already somewhat convoluted system that the Atlas can be, for seemingly no benefit. Imagine a newer player completing a Shaped T7 Alleways and upon killing the boss, they receive both T1 Haunted Mansion from the bonus drop, and a Shaped T6 Haunted Mansion from a normal drop.

In the case of this specific interaction, Rhys has recently left a comment about it here.

He mentions how the bonus drop from bosses (added in 3.7.0) is not correctly using your Atlas state and dropping unshaped version of Shaped maps, this is a bug and will be fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info