Getting T1 maps with 100+ atlas bonus

"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
https://gyazo.com/ffcfc2bf0880a4db847256dffda7d944

I keep getting sulphur vents dropping in glacier with 100 atlas bonus. I suspect this has something to do with whatever GGG did to have more adjacent maps drop. I've seen the same pattern in higher tier maps too, a lot of dungeons drop from the Dunes boss for example, obviously it's not impossible for a tier 7 to drop in a tier 8 but I get more dungeon's than Dunes when I've shaped for it and it makes it a real pain in the ass to sustain, I thought something was wrong then but now that I'm getting T1's when it should be impossible there's clearly a bug.

Also I'm not sure if legion mobs are supposed to drop any map but I've been getting random uncompleted maps quite often too and I think they're from the legion, which is also annoying when I've specifically shaped my atlas so that doesn't happen.

I've double-checked with the team, this is intended behaviour. It is completely possible for T1 maps to drop regardless of your Atlas bonus.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

Uhh.... T1 maps can not drop in a T2 or above map outside of specific mechanics forcing one to drop when you have 100% atlas bonus, that is 100% chance to upgrade the map by 1 tier as long as it fits within drop restrictions. Tier 1 maps can only drop normally in story content and in other t1 maps from normal monsters.

So this part here is due to a change we made in 3.7.0, it was mentioned here.
"Fixed a bug where map bosses had lost the additional chance to drop a map adjacent to the one you were currently in."

This additional map drop does NOT take your Atlas completion into account, so in this case if a T1 map drops, then it will NOT be upgraded by your Atlas completion bonus.

EDIT:
With the above being said, the Map boss can still drop maps which WILL be affected by your Atlas completion bonus.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Jul 3, 2019, 10:58:58 PM
Follow up:
I've made a few mistakes here.

So when you have 100% or higher Atlas Bonus Objective Completion, then T1 maps should only drop in these circumstances:
- Outside of a map area (such as an area in Act 10 or other acts)
- T1 maps
- From a Map Boss when the map you're running is adjacent to a T1 map

Another condition which Karvarousku has mentioned and should be added here:
Assuming 100 Atlas Bonus Objective Completion, let's say all T1/T2/T3/T4 maps are not completed, you run a T3 map and its adjacent maps are shaped, you kill a monster and a T2 map attempts to drop which then tries to upgrade to T3 due to you Atlas Bonus Objective Completion, there's no valid T3 maps (assuming you haven't completed the T3 you're in), this will then fallback to T2 which there are also none of, this will then fallback to T1 which doesn't care if you've finished any T1's or not.

Currently when a Boss drops a map and that map was dropped due to the "Additional Chance to drop an adjacent Map", this map is NOT taking your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account which will cause it to remain a T1 map.

Hopefully this explains and clears up a few things.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Jul 8, 2019, 12:09:29 AM
"
TheMaker51 wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Follow up:
I've made a few mistakes here.

Snip

Currently when a Boss drops a map and that map was dropped due to the "Additional Chance to drop an adjacent Map", this map is NOT taking your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account which will cause it to remain a T1 map.

Hopefully this explains and clears up a few things.

Why is this the case? Is it because there are otherwise issues with you getting maps you shouldn't be able to?

The emotions expressed in this thread indicate a lot of confusion/frustration over this case, and I personally would have assumed it's a bug otherwise, as well.

The idea behind the adjacent map drops is to help towards Atlas Completion which is why they don't take your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account.

This additional map drop does NOT make you lose out on other maps, this was something we introduced in 3.7.0 which has an additional chance to drop an adjacent map ALONG with any other maps that the Map Boss can drop.

Does this answer your question?
"
Karvarousku wrote:

Funnily the page you took the image from also completely ignores another extremely important Atlas rule that we didn't know before we ran a bunch of tests because the dev response we though was correct was very conflicting with the real world data. So we made a big test, which resulted in a GGG coming in and clearing it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axg2s4/psa_map_drops_dont_work_as_weve_been_let_to/

I've gone through the reddit post, I did indeed miss the point where there's a fall-back to T1 maps, I've updated my previous comment to mention this.
"
Karvarousku wrote:

This new addition seems to just cause more confusion on already somewhat convoluted system that the Atlas can be, for seemingly no benefit. Imagine a newer player completing a Shaped T7 Alleways and upon killing the boss, they receive both T1 Haunted Mansion from the bonus drop, and a Shaped T6 Haunted Mansion from a normal drop.

In the case of this specific interaction, Rhys has recently left a comment about it here.

He mentions how the bonus drop from bosses (added in 3.7.0) is not correctly using your Atlas state and dropping unshaped version of Shaped maps, this is a bug and will be fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info