Getting T1 maps with 100+ atlas bonus

https://gyazo.com/ffcfc2bf0880a4db847256dffda7d944

I keep getting sulphur vents dropping in glacier with 100 atlas bonus. I suspect this has something to do with whatever GGG did to have more adjacent maps drop. I've seen the same pattern in higher tier maps too, a lot of dungeons drop from the Dunes boss for example, obviously it's not impossible for a tier 7 to drop in a tier 8 but I get more dungeon's than Dunes when I've shaped for it and it makes it a real pain in the ass to sustain, I thought something was wrong then but now that I'm getting T1's when it should be impossible there's clearly a bug.

Also I'm not sure if legion mobs are supposed to drop any map but I've been getting random uncompleted maps quite often too and I think they're from the legion, which is also annoying when I've specifically shaped my atlas so that doesn't happen.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jun 29, 2019, 5:32:24 PM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2019, 6:28:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well... on the T1 drop:

"
No matter your atlas state, you are always able to drop tier-1 maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2479377#p21850961
Last edited by Zphyr on Jun 30, 2019, 12:16:53 AM
"
Zphyr wrote:
Well... on the T1 drop:

"

Kyle is either referring to the state of unlocks on the atlas or elder/shaper or something, or he's wrong. 100 atlas bonus means any tier 1 map that drops in maps or endgame content, anywhere other than story zones, is automatically upgraded to tier 2. You have 100% chance to upgrade, tier 1's dropping should be impossible and that was how it was for a long time and only this league has this started happening for me.

Also, it's not just tier 1 maps, it's specifically the one connected to it. In Glacier that means sulphur vents. In Alleyways it's Haunted mansion. So if that was how it's supposed to work, you can get T1's regardless of bonus, then I would be getting any T1. Also, it would make the Atlas bonus a complete waste of time, it literally does nothing at that point. At higher tiers it's the same story, the Dunes boss constantly drops Dungeon. I just asked Tytykiller on his stream if the Lair boss was dropping a lot of Bazaar's, he said "a surprising amount". The same story is true for other people I've asked.
Honestly I too found it odd that T1 can drop in Atlas.

After all, that's how I learned the Atlas: 100+ bonus will upgrade a map's tier up to the tier limit/constrains, thus it's not possible to get, say, a T1 in a T9. Personally I don't recall ever getting natural T1 maps, outside of T1 maps, with 100+ bonus.

However, I don't feel right making a judgment based on my limited experience. This is specially true for this league, which I barely played because of severe lag, freeze and PC overheating (POE is too demanding a game!). So, due to lack of a better reference, I pointed out a semi-recent post from a staff member... in theory they should know the inner workings better than us players? Hope they can clarify this.

I believe I started noticing players posting about unexpected T1 drops in Synthesis. But reports are few and far between until the recent complains about bosses' map drops not respecting Atlas state (which is a known issue).
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Zphyr wrote:
Well... on the T1 drop:

"

Kyle is either referring to the state of unlocks on the atlas or elder/shaper or something, or he's wrong. 100 atlas bonus means any tier 1 map that drops in maps or endgame content, anywhere other than story zones, is automatically upgraded to tier 2. You have 100% chance to upgrade, tier 1's dropping should be impossible and that was how it was for a long time and only this league has this started happening for me.

Also, it's not just tier 1 maps, it's specifically the one connected to it. In Glacier that means sulphur vents. In Alleyways it's Haunted mansion. So if that was how it's supposed to work, you can get T1's regardless of bonus, then I would be getting any T1. Also, it would make the Atlas bonus a complete waste of time, it literally does nothing at that point. At higher tiers it's the same story, the Dunes boss constantly drops Dungeon. I just asked Tytykiller on his stream if the Lair boss was dropping a lot of Bazaar's, he said "a surprising amount". The same story is true for other people I've asked.

Once again
Atlas Mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099

"
For the most part, the map drop system works the same as before. The new rule is that the maps that can drop are from the following groups:
  • Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).
  • Maps that are connected to the one you're playing on the Atlas.
  • Tier 1 maps.

Tier 1 map(s) is a separated standalone pool of possible drops.

That's a separate group of possible drop. Which is also "un-modifiable" by Atlas bonus.

T1 can and would drop regardless of anything.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Once again
Atlas Mechanics

Once again, wrong. Tier 1 maps can only drop outside of endgame content, and maybe in tier 1 maps, anything above that and with 100% atlas bonus they can no longer drop. This isn't a debate, that is how the game works, so sorry but it's a bug, one I noticed specifically because it's not normal to get t1's from t2 bosses, it's also not normal to get -1 connected so consistently from bosses at any tier.

Do you play the game?

Oh and I just remembered, the Atlas literally says maps drop at least 1 tier higher.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jul 3, 2019, 1:36:14 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Once again
Atlas Mechanics

Once again, wrong. Tier 1 maps can only drop outside of endgame content, and maybe in tier 1 maps, anything above that and with 100% atlas bonus they can no longer drop. This isn't a debate, that is how the game works, so sorry but it's a bug, one I noticed specifically because it's not normal to get t1's from t2 bosses, it's also not normal to get -1 connected so consistently from bosses at any tier.

Do you play the game?

Oh and I just remembered, the Atlas literally says maps drop at least 1 tier higher.

"
For the most part, the map drop system works the same as before. The new rule is that the maps that can drop are from the following groups:
  • Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).
  • Maps that are connected to the one you're playing on the Atlas.
  • Tier 1 maps.

AGAIN. It's a separate pool of possible drop which can and would drop even at T17, and WON'T BE MODIFIED by Atlas Bonus.
BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DROP FROM IT'S OWN UNIVERSE OF T1 ONLY MAPS.

[Removed by Support]
Do i really need to call GGG here in this thread? -_-
Fine. Whatever. Calling them.

And i don't even count on your apologies...
Last edited by Des_GGG on Jul 3, 2019, 1:47:20 PM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

AGAIN. It's a separate pool of possible drop which can and would drop even at T17, and WON'T BE MODIFIED by Atlas Bonus.
BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DROP FROM IT'S OWN UNIVERSE OF T1 ONLY MAPS.

[Removed by Support]
Do i really need to call GGG here in this thread? -_-
Fine. Whatever. Calling them.

And i don't even count on your apologies...

It is a seperate pool, for story zones, t1 maps, and specific mechanics like Legion which seem to ignore the Atlas. In a T2 and above though 100% Atlas bonus means no t1's. You seem to have read something that wasn't there in your link and quote, but maybe English isn't your first language so whatever.

Regardless, when I asked if you played the game it was a serious question by the way, your profile and your replies suggest you don't. You should go watch some guides on the Atlas before telling people who've actually played the game every league since closed beta that they're wrong.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

It is a seperate pool, for story zones, t1 maps, and specific mechanics like Legion which seem to ignore the Atlas. In a T2 and above though 100% Atlas bonus means no t1's. You seem to have read something that wasn't there in your link and quote, but maybe English isn't your first language so whatever.

Regardless, when I asked if you played the game it was a serious question by the way, your profile and your replies suggest you don't. You should go watch some guides on the Atlas before telling people who've actually played the game every league since closed beta that they're wrong.

Could you stop harassing me?

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

P.S. sure
we are only allowed to play ONLY on 1 account
and i must play every league even if i don't like it, because you said so

and to have rights to speak to you i MUST HAVE 20 lvl 100 characters and 40\40 in at least 10 leagues

sure

Last edited by Des_GGG on Jul 3, 2019, 3:18:51 PM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Could you stop harassing me?

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

P.S. sure
we are only allowed to play ONLY on 1 account
and i must play every league even if i don't like it, because you said so

and to have rights to speak to you i MUST HAVE 20 lvl 100 characters and 40\40 in at least 10 leagues

sure

No matter how many times you post the same thing, it doesn't say T1 maps can drop anywhere. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Des_GGG on Jul 3, 2019, 3:36:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info