Getting T1 maps with 100+ atlas bonus

"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
it doesn't say T1 maps can drop anywhere

Read again.

Kyle's answer wasn't good enough for you.
Official thread with ATLAS MECHANICS wasn't good enough.
Who will you believe? Chris himself?
Or wouldn't his words be good enough?

Outstanding what people would do to keep denying their "wrongs"

[Removed by Support]
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by Des_GGG on Jul 3, 2019, 3:41:35 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
https://gyazo.com/ffcfc2bf0880a4db847256dffda7d944

I keep getting sulphur vents dropping in glacier with 100 atlas bonus. I suspect this has something to do with whatever GGG did to have more adjacent maps drop. I've seen the same pattern in higher tier maps too, a lot of dungeons drop from the Dunes boss for example, obviously it's not impossible for a tier 7 to drop in a tier 8 but I get more dungeon's than Dunes when I've shaped for it and it makes it a real pain in the ass to sustain, I thought something was wrong then but now that I'm getting T1's when it should be impossible there's clearly a bug.

Also I'm not sure if legion mobs are supposed to drop any map but I've been getting random uncompleted maps quite often too and I think they're from the legion, which is also annoying when I've specifically shaped my atlas so that doesn't happen.

I've double-checked with the team, this is intended behaviour. It is completely possible for T1 maps to drop regardless of your Atlas bonus.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
https://gyazo.com/ffcfc2bf0880a4db847256dffda7d944

I keep getting sulphur vents dropping in glacier with 100 atlas bonus. I suspect this has something to do with whatever GGG did to have more adjacent maps drop. I've seen the same pattern in higher tier maps too, a lot of dungeons drop from the Dunes boss for example, obviously it's not impossible for a tier 7 to drop in a tier 8 but I get more dungeon's than Dunes when I've shaped for it and it makes it a real pain in the ass to sustain, I thought something was wrong then but now that I'm getting T1's when it should be impossible there's clearly a bug.

Also I'm not sure if legion mobs are supposed to drop any map but I've been getting random uncompleted maps quite often too and I think they're from the legion, which is also annoying when I've specifically shaped my atlas so that doesn't happen.

I've double-checked with the team, this is intended behaviour. It is completely possible for T1 maps to drop regardless of your Atlas bonus.

Uhh.... T1 maps can not drop in a T2 or above map outside of specific mechanics forcing one to drop when you have 100% atlas bonus, that is 100% chance to upgrade the map by 1 tier as long as it fits within drop restrictions. Tier 1 maps can only drop normally in story content and in other t1 maps from normal monsters. I am not saying T1 maps can't drop, I know they drop in specific cases, a map boss in higher tier maps is not one of them.

You also seem to ignore half of what I'm saying. A T2 boss is not just dropping a T1 map, if that was the case it would be any T1 I've completed but instead it's always the T1 connected to it. You also are ignoring the ridiculous amount of -1 connect drops that happen in any tier map, like I said, the Dunes boss always drops a Dungeon, the Lair boss always drops a Bazaar, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkY3-aESPM

This is a recent guide from Engineering Eternity as just 1 example to back up what I'm saying (if you don't to watch it, he states exactly the same thing as what I am), I've been playing for 7 years every league, I have asked even more experienced players about this in my guild and they agree with me, I have asked pro racers and they agree with me.

Why are all these people wrong? Why is Engineering Eternity making a guide with wrong information with help from somebody like Karv who knows literally everything the game? All the people who have 10's of thousands of hours in the game are just wrong all of a sudden, people could shape their atlas and farm t2 last league without T1 dropping and this league it changes when GGG do something to have "more adjacent maps drop from the boss" and all of a sudden that is very specifically what happens, the -1 adjacent map keeps dropping but everyone who knows the game inside out is just wrong of all of a sudden.

If this is intended then clearly there's somebody new in charge of the Atlas, maybe so they can change it every league and they are the ones who got it wrong because even your own games UI is wrong if this "intended". This should be taken to somebody higher up at GGG if that's the case and not the person who got it wrong, this is not intended by the people who designed the Atlas in the first place.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jul 3, 2019, 10:57:33 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

Uhh.... T1 maps can not drop in a T2 or above map outside of specific mechanics forcing one to drop when you have 100% atlas bonus, that is 100% chance to upgrade the map by 1 tier as long as it fits within drop restrictions. Tier 1 maps can only drop normally in story content and in other t1 maps from normal monsters.

So this part here is due to a change we made in 3.7.0, it was mentioned here.
"Fixed a bug where map bosses had lost the additional chance to drop a map adjacent to the one you were currently in."

This additional map drop does NOT take your Atlas completion into account, so in this case if a T1 map drops, then it will NOT be upgraded by your Atlas completion bonus.

EDIT:
With the above being said, the Map boss can still drop maps which WILL be affected by your Atlas completion bonus.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Jul 3, 2019, 10:58:58 PM
If you shape your atlas wrong, the ONLY map drops you'll be eligible to get would be T1s.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

Uhh.... T1 maps can not drop in a T2 or above map outside of specific mechanics forcing one to drop when you have 100% atlas bonus, that is 100% chance to upgrade the map by 1 tier as long as it fits within drop restrictions. Tier 1 maps can only drop normally in story content and in other t1 maps from normal monsters.

So this part here is due to a change we made in 3.7.0, it was mentioned here.
"Fixed a bug where map bosses had lost the additional chance to drop a map adjacent to the one you were currently in."

This additional map drop does NOT take your Atlas completion into account, so in this case if a T1 map drops, then it will NOT be upgraded by your Atlas completion bonus.

EDIT:
With the above being said, the Map boss can still drop maps which WILL be affected by your Atlas completion bonus.

Ok thank you, that's all I needed to know, it's a bonus drop and not taking away from my sustain and the bug was that it hasn't been happening in the past. So I was right to notice a change and that T1 maps normally weren't dropping from a T2 boss, I wasn't just crazy for remembering it being like that since the atlas bonus became a tier upgrade. I guess I didn't notice the bug fix though, which to be fair is a single line at the bottom of such long patch notes.
Follow up:
I've made a few mistakes here.

So when you have 100% or higher Atlas Bonus Objective Completion, then T1 maps should only drop in these circumstances:
- Outside of a map area (such as an area in Act 10 or other acts)
- T1 maps
- From a Map Boss when the map you're running is adjacent to a T1 map

Another condition which Karvarousku has mentioned and should be added here:
Assuming 100 Atlas Bonus Objective Completion, let's say all T1/T2/T3/T4 maps are not completed, you run a T3 map and its adjacent maps are shaped, you kill a monster and a T2 map attempts to drop which then tries to upgrade to T3 due to you Atlas Bonus Objective Completion, there's no valid T3 maps (assuming you haven't completed the T3 you're in), this will then fallback to T2 which there are also none of, this will then fallback to T1 which doesn't care if you've finished any T1's or not.

Currently when a Boss drops a map and that map was dropped due to the "Additional Chance to drop an adjacent Map", this map is NOT taking your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account which will cause it to remain a T1 map.

Hopefully this explains and clears up a few things.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Jul 8, 2019, 12:09:29 AM
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Follow up:

Snip

Currently when a Boss drops a map and that map was dropped due to the "Additional Chance to drop an adjacent Map", this map is NOT taking your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account which will cause it to remain a T1 map.

Why is this the case? Is it because there are otherwise issues with you getting maps you shouldn't be able to?

The emotions expressed in this thread indicate a lot of confusion/frustration over this case, and I personally would have assumed it's a bug otherwise, as well.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
"
TheMaker51 wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Follow up:

Snip

Why is this the case? Is it because there are otherwise issues with you getting maps you shouldn't be able to?

The emotions expressed in this thread indicate a lot of confusion/frustration over this case, and I personally would have assumed it's a bug otherwise, as well.

The idea behind the adjacent map drops is to help towards Atlas Completion which is why they don't take your Atlas Bonus Objective Completion into account.

This additional map drop does NOT make you lose out on other maps, this was something we introduced in 3.7.0 which has an additional chance to drop an adjacent map ALONG with any other maps that the Map Boss can drop.

Does this answer your question?
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

Does this answer your question?

Yeah, I suppose. I guess I can't figure out why not let them be affected by completion. I understand that it's not stealing actual drops, and that it's to help speed completion, but it still almost feels like an oversight.

Say I'm stuck at a certain tier - I wouldn't want a 50/50 chance at getting a +1 and a 50/50 for a +0 I haven't done (assuming a map with 3 connections; one higher, one where I came from, and one on the same tier), especially when I have my completion at the point of having a great chance of Completion meaning it gets boosted.

Maybe this is just me whining about not enough icing on my cake.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info