[3.7] Frost Spear CoCospri Assassin (budget version 60c estimated / 4ex for all content)

"
nBonaldo wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:
Ice Spear and Greater Multiple Projectiles in your chest (replacing Hypothermia and Arc) IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS for bossing. Just obliterates them.

Not needed, but I also got the +1 Ice Spear enchant for 7 total spears. Bonkers damage with the amount of crit and crit multi this build does. Clear speed is killer with that many crit spears flying around.

The other kinda controversial thing I did was replaced Fortify support with a L21/23 Life Gain On Hit support. If you're bossing, it makes a world of difference.

Edit: At L96 I also took all the close aoe and aoe damage nodes. I know that isn't the basis of this build but it does make close combat feel a lot smoother. It also gives Vortex and Ice Nova a decent DPS boost (and makes cyclone feel nicer).

Thanks for the suggestion, it works really well!

Do all the projectiles hit the boss? If they do, it is surely better than 2 ice novas for dps.

I got a 21/20 for 15c and tested on shaper with gmp, and the dps is really good indeed, I even got my 1st starforge of the league lol.

But instead of gmp, I'll try to replace the hp flask with a dying sun and keep hypothermia. The corrupted blood jewel corruption covers the worst bleeds afaik. 2 proj without the downside should boost the dps even more and would be a good qol for the lack of aoe in the build.

Gratz on the Starforge! Im still hunting for one XD.

The spears all seem to target bosses as you spin around them. You made a great build guide with excellent synergy. Ice Spear with the built in crit/mult just adds another layer of excellence to your build.

There is a way to get even more damage so all spears go into the 2nd form faster by getting the '30% reduced distance to 2nd form' enchant but for me I like the extra spears. Feels great.

Edit: For those on a budget. The 'critical strikes penetrate 8-10% elemental resistance while affected by Zealotry' watcher's eyes are currently really cheap. That's an 8-10% MORE damage multiplier!
Last edited by diablomix on Jul 11, 2019, 4:43:11 PM
Just tried a shaper with Ice spear setup. Damage was definitely good.

I ran hypothermia and elemental focus as my loreweave is 3g 3b and its the only leveled blue gem I had, also used a dying sun.

Will save for another shaper set and try out vertex and see which feels better.

I prefer the visuals of ice spear I must say though!
hi again, i was thinking if its a good idea to spend some point to get acrobatics and phase acrobatics, since the build doesnt focus on armor and ES. So we can have another layer of defense...

"
desing1 wrote:
hi again, i was thinking if its a good idea to spend some point to get acrobatics and phase acrobatics, since the build doesnt focus on armor and ES. So we can have another layer of defense...

I've seen some people on poe.ninja take it. Maybe see how they did it.

I'm running blasphemy enfeeble at the sacrifice of zealotry aura and while it isn't a facetank build. I've killed red elder and shaper/guards without any deaths. Any deaths I've had recently was from alot of legion mobs in a tier 15.

Personally I find this builds survies better than my cyclone slayer, due to our constant freezing and perma blind.
Any advice on gear upgrades first? Better chest or pandemonius?

hi,

im lvl 87 now and im wondering how you sustain your mana. I do nothing special but i run out of mana sometimes and stop spinning.

Edit: Found the mistake. Used a life flask that removes mana... :D
Last edited by Kelpou on Jul 12, 2019, 2:20:27 PM
Hey what should i watch out with the attack speed at cospris and whole gear ,im kinda confused...

How to calculate it ?
Last edited by MartiniHenry on Jul 12, 2019, 2:14:57 PM
"
Coatesy wrote:
"
desing1 wrote:

I've seen some people on poe.ninja take it. Maybe see how they did it.

I'm running blasphemy enfeeble at the sacrifice of zealotry aura and while it isn't a facetank build. I've killed red elder and shaper/guards without any deaths. Any deaths I've had recently was from alot of legion mobs in a tier 15.

Personally I find this builds survies better than my cyclone slayer, due to our constant freezing and perma blind.

Dodge is really good, but if you wanna push past level 95, for instance, you'll have to deal with eventual T15-T16 hits that go through your block, evade and dodge to prevent that 10% xp loss. That is why I prefer stacking some more hp and using the fortify with cyclone.

But it is a matter of taste, to be honest. You can take 9 points off hp or damage, and put into the dodge nodes, and do all the content the same way.
"
Coatesy wrote:
Just tried a shaper with Ice spear setup. Damage was definitely good.

I ran hypothermia and elemental focus as my loreweave is 3g 3b and its the only leveled blue gem I had, also used a dying sun.

Will save for another shaper set and try out vertex and see which feels better.

I prefer the visuals of ice spear I must say though!

Elemental focus gives a little bit more damage than hypothermia. I was thinking about using it because we already have 3 sources of chill (cyclone, frostbolt and ice nova), so it wouldn't be a problem, and we don't benefit much from the other stats on that gem.
"
MartiniHenry wrote:
Hey what should i watch out with the attack speed at cospris and whole gear ,im kinda confused...

How to calculate it ?

I'm not sure what do you mean, but you can check your attacks per second on Path of Building.

Cast on Crit can only proc 6.6 times per second for each setup. So if you crit 6.6 times per second or more with your cyclone, each spell on your sword will cast 3.3 times, and the spell on your body armour will cast 6.6 times per second. The CoC internal cooldown is 150ms.

Other than that, the build will get you around 7-7.5 attacks per second, even with a 8% attack speed roll cospri. So if you attack 7.5 times per second, you need around 88% crit to reach the CoC cap.

Hope it answered your question!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info