[3.7] Frost Spear CoCospri Assassin (budget version 60c estimated / 4ex for all content)

Is there an optimal attacks per second we are looking for on our cyclone? I remember reading that too much attack speed can actually harm dps or is that void now?
Ice Spear and Greater Multiple Projectiles in your chest (replacing Hypothermia and Arc) IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS for bossing. Just obliterates them.

Not needed, but I also got the +1 Ice Spear enchant for 7 total spears. Bonkers damage with the amount of crit and crit multi this build does. Clear speed is killer with that many crit spears flying around.

The other kinda controversial thing I did was replaced Fortify support with a L21/23 Life Gain On Hit support. If you're bossing, it makes a world of difference.

Edit: At L96 I also took all the close aoe and aoe damage nodes. I know that isn't the basis of this build but it does make close combat feel a lot smoother. It also gives Vortex and Ice Nova a decent DPS boost (and makes cyclone feel nicer).
Last edited by diablomix on Jul 11, 2019, 1:41:05 AM
"
diablomix wrote:
Ice Spear and Greater Multiple Projectiles in your chest (replacing Hypothermia and Arc) IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS for bossing. Just obliterates them.

Not needed, but I also got the +1 Ice Spear enchant for 7 total spears. Bonkers damage with the amount of crit and crit multi this build does. Clear speed is killer with that many crit spears flying around.

The other kinda controversial thing I did was replaced Fortify support with a L21/23 Life Gain On Hit support. If you're bossing, it makes a world of difference.

Edit: At L96 I also took all the close aoe and aoe damage nodes. I know that isn't the basis of this build but it does make close combat feel a lot smoother. It also gives Vortex and Ice Nova a decent DPS boost (and makes cyclone feel nicer).

Hard to say because I'm only running low tier maps atm but I replaced the two gems you said and wowee, ice spear seems to do some nice damage. Using level one gems and getting same damage as my level 20 ice nova. Feels like it anyway

Edit: forgot to mention, technically on a 5 link since area of effect does nothing for ice spear.
Last edited by Coatesy on Jul 11, 2019, 3:00:08 AM
"
Coatesy wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:

Hard to say because I'm only running low tier maps atm but I replaced the two gems you said and wowee, ice spear seems to do some nice damage. Using level one gems and getting same damage as my level 20 ice nova. Feels like it anyway

Edit: forgot to mention, technically on a 5 link since area of effect does nothing for ice spear.

What's your IGN? I have a L21 Ice Spear you can have
"
diablomix wrote:
"
Coatesy wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:

What's your IGN? I have a L21 Ice Spear you can have

Thanks again mate. Will save up for some shaper sets once I get to level 90 and test out come combos!
You're welcome. L20/20+ Life gain on hit (instead of fortify) seems to help a lot against tanky bosses. Instant life. Tanked shaper/guardians with it. Fortify is better with mobs.
"
diablomix wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, it works really well!

Do all the projectiles hit the boss? If they do, it is surely better than 2 ice novas for dps.

I got a 21/20 for 15c and tested on shaper with gmp, and the dps is really good indeed, I even got my 1st starforge of the league lol.

But instead of gmp, I'll try to replace the hp flask with a dying sun and keep hypothermia. The corrupted blood jewel corruption covers the worst bleeds afaik. 2 proj without the downside should boost the dps even more and would be a good qol for the lack of aoe in the build.
"
Coatesy wrote:
Is there an optimal attacks per second we are looking for on our cyclone? I remember reading that too much attack speed can actually harm dps or is that void now?

As far as I know, cyclone had some bugs in the beggining of the league, but I never cared much because its dps is less than 5% of the total. It also had a hit chance bug, but I was using lycosidae at the time so I didn't care either lol, but I'm pretty sure it was also fixed already.

But considering cyclone is less than 5% of your final damage, just try to keep the attacks per second above 6. It comes down to the cast on crit internal cooldown of 150ms.

With 100% crit, you can cast the spell on your armour 6.6 times per second, and each one on your sword 3.3 times (skills on the same setup share the cooldown and alternate).

With my current gear i have 7.82 aps without vaal haste nor onslaugh, and 92% crit with diamond flask up (72% wihtout it). So with the flask up, I should crit enough for the cast on crit cap even on shaper.
Hey.
Really liked your build, had some spare currency, a 6linked loreweave, a lyco laying around and stuff... so yeah and i wanted to clear legions.
Everyone is asking about end game stuff and here i am with my question..
how the f___ do you level it up?!

Honestly, it's a struggle. I just got to 46, about to end act 6, and oh boy does it feel like a tremendous struggle...

so yeah. If you could gimme some tips (CoC setup, itemisation etc..) would be great.
"
neph7 wrote:
Hey.
Really liked your build, had some spare currency, a 6linked loreweave, a lyco laying around and stuff... so yeah and i wanted to clear legions.
Everyone is asking about end game stuff and here i am with my question..
how the f___ do you level it up?!

Honestly, it's a struggle. I just got to 46, about to end act 6, and oh boy does it feel like a tremendous struggle...

so yeah. If you could gimme some tips (CoC setup, itemisation etc..) would be great.

You have to level up as a different build to be honest. I don't think you'll have enough crit to use CoC until getting at least two labs done, to get the +2% crit base. Even then, I'm not sure how it goes without the sword.

What I suggest is using a tabula with any spell you want, and link 5 supports. Like frostbolt with 2 frozen trail jewel (to work as an extra gmp gem), linked to added cold, faster casting, arcane surge for mana and some 2 other supports for damage.

When I reached blood aqueducts I just ran it in parties with my vaal ice nova until I was 68.

Other than the tabula, the basic uniques should be enough, like goldrim, two lifesprigs or axioms, wanderlust and the tabula.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info