[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Sinse_ wrote:
Hello ! Maybe i'm missing something but on the PoB it stop around level 73 and i don't know where to put my points after. Also the three nodes about max mana after MoM aren't here in 3.9, what do you take instead ?

You should update your PoB (bottom left corner, "Check for Update" or "Update ready").

"
Raggon wrote:
For the jewel, what do you drop for clarity? I've been thinking about annointing deflection, and dropping tempest shield entirely, but for now I just dropped cast when damage taken and am self casting it

I cannot speak for OP, but these are the gems I use:

I would drop Precision in Helmet for Clarity

"
cbaist4488 wrote:
Do you plan on making an anointment section for your top choices?

It's all there. Read "Gear Breakdown" > "Astramentis"

"Anointing your amulet

There are many good notables to anoint. The best is Soul of Steel, which grants us lots of armour, maximum resistances, and physical damage reduction. However, it costs 3 golden oils to allocate (around 3.5 ex total at the time of writing), so if you're looking for cheaper alternatives, you can look at Inexorable (Crimson, Opalescent, Silver) and Adamant (Azure, Violet, Black), for instance."

I for myself use "Aligned Spirits".
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
Last edited by Tizid on Dec 27, 2019, 7:48:33 AM
Wow I feel dumb now ! Thank you ! And ty for the build, a bit expensive for me but worth it !
"
Tizid wrote:
"
Sinse_ wrote:
Hello ! Maybe i'm missing something but on the PoB it stop around level 73 and i don't know where to put my points after. Also the three nodes about max mana after MoM aren't here in 3.9, what do you take instead ?

You should update your PoB (bottom left corner, "Check for Update" or "Update ready").

"
Raggon wrote:
For the jewel, what do you drop for clarity? I've been thinking about annointing deflection, and dropping tempest shield entirely, but for now I just dropped cast when damage taken and am self casting it

I cannot speak for OP, but these are the gems I use:

I would drop Precision in Helmet for Clarity

"
cbaist4488 wrote:
Do you plan on making an anointment section for your top choices?

It's all there. Read "Gear Breakdown" > "Astramentis"

"Anointing your amulet

There are many good notables to anoint. The best is Soul of Steel, which grants us lots of armour, maximum resistances, and physical damage reduction. However, it costs 3 golden oils to allocate (around 3.5 ex total at the time of writing), so if you're looking for cheaper alternatives, you can look at Inexorable (Crimson, Opalescent, Silver) and Adamant (Azure, Violet, Black), for instance."

I for myself use "Aligned Spirits".

Thank you for answering! :)
will unending hunger jewel work with spiders?
Can I use Solaris Lorica as a cheaper starting item instead of Shavs?
"
MidgetLove wrote:
will unending hunger jewel work with spiders?

No, it only works for spectres.

"
marky290 wrote:
Can I use Solaris Lorica as a cheaper starting item instead of Shavs?

Yes, you absolutely can! :)
Hi! I'm trying this out and really liking it so far. In the OP you write that you'll need three healthy mind jewels, but the PoB only shows one of these socketed all the way up top in the middle. Do you still recommend 3 of these jewels or is it better to get some of the yellow jewels with minion damage roll and ES rolls? Great build by the way, really fun to play! Thank you!

Also I don't really understand the spawning mechanic of spiders with Desecrate. Do you know anything about this? The dagger says "on kill", and Desecrate spawns corpses. I've watched a couple of videos and some players seem to be able to spawn 20 spiders almost consistently with Desecrate and one or two uses of Writhing Jar, I mostly seem to get 10, and sometimes as little as two. Feels like it's completely random. Am I doing anything wrong here?
Last edited by Klatt3n on Dec 28, 2019, 10:37:07 AM
Interested in this build and I have about 6 exalts to spare. Is there any recommended item purchase order?

How does this build do without Lethal pride and blue nightmare until I can save up?

Thanks!
"
Klatt3n wrote:
Hi! I'm trying this out and really liking it so far. In the OP you write that you'll need three healthy mind jewels, but the PoB only shows one of these socketed all the way up top in the middle. Do you still recommend 3 of these jewels or is it better to get some of the yellow jewels with minion damage roll and ES rolls? Great build by the way, really fun to play! Thank you!

Also I don't really understand the spawning mechanic of spiders with Desecrate. Do you know anything about this? The dagger says "on kill", and Desecrate spawns corpses. I've watched a couple of videos and some players seem to be able to spawn 20 spiders almost consistently with Desecrate and one or two uses of Writhing Jar, I mostly seem to get 10, and sometimes as little as two. Feels like it's completely random. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Hi,

I'm glad you're enjoying the build!

In the past, we used 3 healthy mind jewels since we could stack them, but they are now limited to 1 :) I'll update the part of the guide I missed right away, thanks for pointing it out!

The spider spawning mechanic works like this: when you kill a unit, 2 spiders emerge from every nearby corpse. Since desecrate spawns 5 corpses, that means you need to cast Desecrate twice right under your feet, then hit one (or two) Writhing Jars to spawn worms, and kill the worms as close to the corpses as possible. If you pop your flasks right on top of the corpses, you'll get 18 or 20 spiders every time. :)

"
Cycho wrote:
Interested in this build and I have about 6 exalts to spare. Is there any recommended item purchase order?

How does this build do without Lethal pride and blue nightmare until I can save up?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can play without Lethal Pride and Blue Nightmare, but there will be times when you get instantly killed without really knowing why (well, you'll know why, but it'll seem random). But it will still be playable!

As for the item order, I'd advise the following: all cheap items (Rainbowstride / Dream Fragments / cheap rare ring, belt and jewels) > Aegis Aurora / Arakaali's Fang > Astramentis (to be able to lvl up HoA) / Healthy Mind > Shavronne's Wrappings > Memory Vault / Shaper's Touch > Blue Nightmare > the rest. :) I want to emphasise that this is just how I would do it, and by no means a definitive guide to what to buy first! It's just a rough idea of what's the most important. :)
Well once again im destroying all content. I highly recommend anyone to play this.

Now the push to 100 begins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info