[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Rebur wrote:
Kinda of a cool concept and different type of build. Haven't played Guardian in awhile. Was lucky enough to find a 5 link 3G1R1B Shav's for like 90c. Going to have to do a little more currency farming and I'll be able to get the Nightmare and other jewels and be able to start playing.

That's awesome! I hope you have fun with the build :)
Hi everyone!

I managed to set up another Uber Elder, and killed him deathless, I added the video to the build.

Another update: I just thought of using the Sorrow of the Divine to refill our ES with a life flask, since there are no required flask for the build (apart from the Writhing Jars). Might be a nice quality of life update, and might be life saving versus some bosses. I hope you enjoy it! :)
Hmm Had a thought after looking at the Sorrow of Divine Flask. What about using a Blood of The Karui.
Would it be better than a Panicked Life Flask? Hmm now that I'm thinking about it more maybe not.
Panicked is always instant when your low.
Karui is instant after 2.80 Seconds non quality.
I guess it would depend really. Do you trust yourself to be able to hit that Panicked Flask before you die or would you like to hit Karui early to get a constantly going recover with a full instant heal at the end of it's duration.

Of course I don't even know if it would work together or not. I mean the two flasks together. It seems they would since a regular flask works so why wouldn't Karui.

Also as a aside I should be able to get rolling on this build this weekend. All I have left to get is a Sorrow of Divine and that will be easy to get. I'm really looking for to playing it.
Last edited by Rebur on Jun 28, 2019, 1:31:08 AM
"
Rebur wrote:
Hmm Had a thought after looking at the Sorrow of Divine Flask. What about using a Blood of The Karui.
Would it be better than a Panicked Life Flask? Hmm now that I'm thinking about it more maybe not.
Panicked is always instant when your low.
Karui is instant after 2.80 Seconds non quality.
I guess it would depend really. Do you trust yourself to be able to hit that Panicked Flask before you die or would you like to hit Karui early to get a constantly going recover with a full instant heal at the end of it's duration.

Of course I don't even know if it would work together or not. I mean the two flasks together. It seems they would since a regular flask works so why wouldn't Karui.

Also as a aside I should be able to get rolling on this build this weekend. All I have left to get is a Sorrow of Divine and that will be easy to get. I'm really looking for to playing it.

Indeed, blood of the Karui could be nice. I personally like panicked flasks better, but if you prefer playing with Blood of the Karui, it's a nice idea!

Anyway, I hope you like the build :)
Hey everyone!

Since someone asked, I recorded a full run of a Minotaur map, so you can see both how mapping looks, and how another boss fight goes (spoiler alert: I facetank everything).

I hope you all have a nice day! :)
Just starting to run this build I am curious as to how the heck you can you use Determination with a Blood Magic skill gem when it takes 200+% of life it wont even allow me to cast it. Hope this isn't too much of a noob question. :)
"
stripe42 wrote:
Just starting to run this build I am curious as to how the heck you can you use Determination with a Blood Magic skill gem when it takes 200+% of life it wont even allow me to cast it. Hope this isn't too much of a noob question. :)

Blood Magic Level 17 + Sovereignty the Aura Nodes up near Zealot's Oath. I'm Level 74 and I have 1,264 Health. With Determination on I have 37 health.

EDIT: There is also a bug to watch out for make sure you pop into a town before you try to turn on any Aura connected to Blood Magic skill Gem. No matter what if you reserve any health with the Blood Magic Skill Gem if it turns off you will never be able to get back to full health with a health flask. The ONLY way I've found to fix this is to got to a town and then go to your hideout to turn the Aura back on. This has been happening to me since like 3.3 Patch.
Last edited by Rebur on Jun 30, 2019, 3:41:12 AM
"
stripe42 wrote:

Like Rebur said, the level of the blood magic aura is important, the mana multiplier decreases with the level of the gem :) Also, make sure to grab the mana reservation nodes in the skill tree. I'll add this question to the FAQ :)
Would it be good to use hatred+generosity instead of determination, get elemental equilibrium and some fire/lightning damage on cyclone?

Also is there a way to work in the grand spectrum cobalt jewels to get some more mana/es?
Last edited by zweckform on Jun 30, 2019, 1:16:27 PM
"
zweckform wrote:
Would it be good to use hatred+generosity instead of determination, get elemental equilibrium and some fire/lightning damage on cyclone?

Also is there a way to work in the grand spectrum cobalt jewels to get some more mana/es?

It's possible, but I don't recommend it. Determination is the reason we have so much armour and ES on block, taking it out would be a huge hit to our survivability.

Also, I was originally using Elemental Equilibrium, but ended up dropping it. The reason is that the jewel socket between Mind over Matter and Elemental Equilibrium is perfect for Lethal Pride, but it transforms EE into Glancing Blows, and all the other jewel sockets are already taken, so socketing Lethal Pride somewhere else would require an extra jewel socket that's near a keystone, and the closest one would require 7 skill points to get the socket and the keystone, which isn't worth it in my opinion (it would only benefit the agony crawler, not the spiders). But if that's your jam, feel free to go for it, I just don't recommend it.

Have a nice day :)

Edit: I forgot to talk about the grand spectrums! Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to squeeze them in. If you find a way, please let me know, I'm interested!
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 30, 2019, 2:52:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info