[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

Right so I went full apeshit on this build cause I really really really like it. I did do a whole bunch of stuff different though. This wasn't cheap... But man I had so much fun getting all this together.

For those interested in my thought process:
0 mana Aul's are very cheap this league for some reason so I picked that up for 4ex. Which got me to thinking... This build already is really beefy with evasion, high life, etc. But with malevolence having 0 mana reservation I decided that I was going to run Aspect of the Spider and Flesh and Stone (Sand Stance) for perma blind a nice DoT increase and slow.
I really wanted to use Sporeguard aswell and man that thing is fun! Alongside the mitigation I already have with Flesh and Stone, Aspect of the Spider etc. it really ups the clear because of the explosions. It's basically the poison version of Inpulsa.
I didn't really chase the crafted bow too much because I don't agree with it being that big an upgrade over Darkscorn - my logic behind this was OP says 60% chance to do 100% more damage = 60% more so by that logic Darkscorn does 20% chance to do 300% more = 60% more. Put them next to eachother like that and the DPS difference isn't that big.

Anyway here's the part where we get freaky for the insane mitigation/defense.
In my chest I have the following setup:
Chaos Golem - Animate Guardian - Meatshield - Minion Life - Elemental Army - Empower
My Animate Guardian has:
Kingmaker (Perma Fortify) - Ambu's Charge - -9% chaos res helmet (according to what I found is that this STACKS with my own -9% chaos res) - Southbound gloves - Rainbowstride

Long story short @ lvl 94:
~2 mill shaper DPS (without the 60% more calculation ~3.5 mill if you add it)
~6k life
40%/41% attack/spell dodge
64% evade chance
29% Phys damage reduction
25% of phys hits as chaos damage - chaos res is capped
Enemies on my fungal ground do 11% less damage - Sporeguard
Perma fortify
Immune to bleed (Watcher's Eye)
Almost always 3 endurance charges (ambu's charge/5% on kill)
Mobs around me are blinded - far away do 11% less damage

I'm having fun :)

EDIT: https://youtu.be/7V4C8Ko8Dj4
P.S. I forgot to summon both the Animate Guardian and Chaos Golem for this XD
Last edited by Same1 on Oct 8, 2019, 4:08:15 PM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
Reazion wrote:
Could anyone tell me what i should upgrade next? Haven't had too much issue with normal maps besides dying pretty fast due to being used to different playstyle i think. Haven't tried any blighted map above tier 7 and said map + 7 lane blight encounter but they've been EXTREMELY close so i def need to upgrade something but i'm at a loss.

Current gear:
Spoiler

In no particular order (but maybe a bit in order of priorities):

- The scourge arrow helmet enchant
- the corrupted Emblamers with Despair on hit
- Ring of nostalgia with both Herald poison damage (the one you have) and effect.
- Watcher's eye with damage over time multiplier under malevolence.

Will be looking to get the enchant, as far as the glove corruption goes, is there any point in having it there if the weapon has it? (rolled despair on hit rather than atkspeed sadly)
"
Reazion wrote:
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
Reazion wrote:
Could anyone tell me what i should upgrade next? Haven't had too much issue with normal maps besides dying pretty fast due to being used to different playstyle i think. Haven't tried any blighted map above tier 7 and said map + 7 lane blight encounter but they've been EXTREMELY close so i def need to upgrade something but i'm at a loss.

Current gear:
Spoiler

- Ring of nostalgia with both Herald poison damage (the one you have) and effect.

Will be looking to get the enchant, as far as the glove corruption goes, is there any point in having it there if the weapon has it? (rolled despair on hit rather than atkspeed sadly)

I disagree with most of this :).
- The Scourge Arrow enchant is insanely overpriced plus it really doesn't add that much considering I hardly ever get to max stages. It's nice having a single pod almost instantly but holding down the mouse button for 0.5s extra doesn't feel like it should be worth 10-15ex (thats the price if you want a Lion Pelt).
- Corrupted Embalmers with Despair on Hit don't do anything with the bow you have. However your bow is not good...
- Ring of Nostalgia is where I agree with the guy. Chaos Damage and Herald of Agony effect are BiS
- Watcher's Eye with damage over time is nice but not insane.

My suggestions:
- Drop the quiver get a high rolled Drillneck - beats your quiver by miles
- Drop the bow get a nicely rolled Darkscorn - I disagree based on experience that the bow suggested by OP is that much better than Darkscorn
- For Cinderswallow to work you need added Fire Damage somewhere on either your items or jewels. I don't see that on your items.
- Also, although I am not 100% sure of this for the "60% chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon the Scourge arrow setup has to be socketed in your bow.
"
Same1 wrote:
"
Reazion wrote:
"
Rootsmann wrote:

- The Scourge Arrow enchant is insanely overpriced plus it really doesn't add that much considering I hardly ever get to max stages. It's nice having a single pod almost instantly but holding down the mouse button for 0.5s extra doesn't feel like it should be worth 10-15ex (thats the price if you want a Lion Pelt).
- Corrupted Embalmers with Despair on Hit don't do anything with the bow you have. However your bow is not good...
- Ring of Nostalgia is where I agree with the guy. Chaos Damage and Herald of Agony effect are BiS

My suggestions:
- Drop the bow get a nicely rolled Darkscorn - I disagree based on experience that the bow suggested by OP is that much better than Darkscorn
- For Cinderswallow to work you need added Fire Damage somewhere on either your items or jewels. I don't see that on your items.
- Also, although I am not 100% sure of this for the "60% chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon the Scourge arrow setup has to be socketed in your bow.

I'll look into upgrading the ring and quiver (i know its not that great yeah). I'll also give darkscorn and firedmg a try
"
Reazion wrote:
I'll look into upgrading the ring and quiver (i know its not that great yeah). I'll also give darkscorn and firedmg a try

Just get a Drillneck, freakishly cheap but insanely good for our build.
"
Same1 wrote:
"
Reazion wrote:

Just get a Drillneck, freakishly cheap but insanely good for our build.

I got a okay'ish darkscorn + a close to perfect drillneck. One quick question, do i need to cap chaos resist due to the phys to chaos conversion or am i good with what'll be -23% ish without the chaos res roll on circle of nostalgia when i get a better one?
"
Same1 wrote:

My suggestions:

Even though it says 'max stages', it will always add +1 pod at all stages, not just max. Also, having scourge arrow socketed into your body doesn't mean the body armour is the one inflicting the poisons, the bow (darkscorn) is still the one inflicting the poison.
"
Reazion wrote:
as far as the glove corruption goes, is there any point in having it there if the weapon has it? (rolled despair on hit rather than atkspeed sadly)

If you have it on the bow of course it's useless. But getting this mod on the glove implicit free up a mod on the bow and that is really valuable to craft something really good or get a darkscorn.

"
Even though it says 'max stages', it will always add +1 pod at all stages, not just max.

Exactly. So if you think from a pratical point of view, this is an insane buff. how many times do you do a quick charge with one or two pods because you either can't stand still or it's (almost) enough to clear the screen? Most of the map that's the case. In such instance the enchant provide 100% or 50% more pods, which translate by that much "more" DPS.

Edit: if you prefer a different wording, with the enchant you proc infused chanelling by reaching 5 stage every 8 seconds and in between you can zoom zoom speedy 1-2 charges through mobs with 50-100% more dps that what you would have without the enchant.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Oct 9, 2019, 3:19:02 AM
"
Same1 wrote:
Right so I went full apeshit on this build cause I really really really like it. I did do a whole bunch of stuff different though. This wasn't cheap... But man I had so much fun getting all this together.

For those interested in my thought process:
0 mana Aul's are very cheap this league for some reason so I picked that up for 4ex. Which got me to thinking... This build already is really beefy with evasion, high life, etc. But with malevolence having 0 mana reservation I decided that I was going to run Aspect of the Spider and Flesh and Stone (Sand Stance) for perma blind a nice DoT increase and slow.
I really wanted to use Sporeguard aswell and man that thing is fun! Alongside the mitigation I already have with Flesh and Stone, Aspect of the Spider etc. it really ups the clear because of the explosions. It's basically the poison version of Inpulsa.
I didn't really chase the crafted bow too much because I don't agree with it being that big an upgrade over Darkscorn - my logic behind this was OP says 60% chance to do 100% more damage = 60% more so by that logic Darkscorn does 20% chance to do 300% more = 60% more. Put them next to eachother like that and the DPS difference isn't that big.

Anyway here's the part where we get freaky for the insane mitigation/defense.
In my chest I have the following setup:
Chaos Golem - Animate Guardian - Meatshield - Minion Life - Elemental Army - Empower
My Animate Guardian has:
Kingmaker (Perma Fortify) - Ambu's Charge - -9% chaos res helmet (according to what I found is that this STACKS with my own -9% chaos res) - Southbound gloves - Rainbowstride

Long story short @ lvl 94:
~2 mill shaper DPS (without the 60% more calculation ~3.5 mill if you add it)
~6k life
40%/41% attack/spell dodge
64% evade chance
29% Phys damage reduction
25% of phys hits as chaos damage - chaos res is capped
Enemies on my fungal ground do 11% less damage - Sporeguard
Perma fortify
Immune to bleed (Watcher's Eye)
Almost always 3 endurance charges (ambu's charge/5% on kill)
Mobs around me are blinded - far away do 11% less damage

I'm having fun :)

EDIT: https://youtu.be/7V4C8Ko8Dj4
P.S. I forgot to summon both the Animate Guardian and Chaos Golem for this XD

Love how you go ham with defense. I went darkscorn/divine flesh, with assassin elusive bonus, and already feel like a god (unless one shotted lol). I also want to try sporeguard, it sounds like fun but I think it sounds more like a venom/cobra one.
"
wiwigvn wrote:

Love how you go ham with defense. I went darkscorn/divine flesh, with assassin elusive bonus, and already feel like a god (unless one shotted lol). I also want to try sporeguard, it sounds like fun but I think it sounds more like a venom/cobra one.

Yes I also like his HC style. That's the beauty of this build: so well rounded that you can go too far in one direction and feel really good. On his video his video packs do not die so fast but that defence feels satisfying.

I did more like you, going halfway towards the tankyness with Divine flesh/darkscorn, with a corrupted passive giving +1 max chaos res, reaching 86% res for all those redirected damage. Until yesterday I was sitting at 6.8 K to not die while leveling up while still having packs evaporating in no time. Now I'm down to 6.2K life but with more dps from the tree, but I'll get some life back from my gear. Feels to good to facetank.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info