[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Rootsmann wrote:
Spoiler
Same1 I really disagree with these points. I love to discuss builds so please don't take my comments in a bad ways. I'm working with you, not against you.

"
Because the enchant is what I consider part of min-maxing this build.

I consider 20% to 100% more damage and additional fluidity (in laying 2-3 spores) in gameplay as core for the build, not min maxing. Min maxing is getting the enchant on the perfect base. The enchant is core and cost 2ex. It's not cheap but that's the price of your gloves so it's fine.

"
If I drop my current 483 evasion helmet I lose 9% evade chance (without everything up) which imo is rather significant.

Except you won't drop your evasion helmet, you'll pass from the best evasion helmet to another helmet with less evasion. With my example it's 38 raw evasion less, not 380 raw evasion less. Pretty significant difference of an order of magnitude.

So in the end you are valueing 38 base evasion over 20-100% (5-1 stages) more damage and extra fuildity.

"
I also feel the enchant will impact me much or at all whereas dropping my current enchant does.

That is a point that really merit to be debated. Let's assume you are very thirsty in mana and let's put aside your choice for the banner (which I believe is only here for Fortify as empale doesn't do much for us).

We can put in competition a lvl 21 precision with your helmet enchant versus a level 18 precision and the scourge arrow enchant. It's hard for me to estimate your mana but I believe you gain about 70 mana from your enchant and loose 38 mana from the lvl 21 precision aura. 110 accuraccy is not that significant. Maybe this switch is already enough to allow you to function without the herald enchant, but you could also get a -mana spend on your ring ang work on that resist somewhere else in case it's still too close. Or go down to lvl 17 Precision. As long as you stay above 95% chance to hit it's still preeeetty good.

Or we could even imagine getting rid of the banner and get Fortify from hardened Scarb on the amulet then the problem is already solved? Much better up time on Fortify and the increase in DPS from the scourge enchant completely overpass your Corruption anointment (and I say this having Corruption too (for now)).

Edit: Ho I have another solution. I was looking at your tree. You invested a point in "Mana and flask" and 5 points in "Written in blood". The 5 points for Written in blood gives 5% less life than if you invested those points in only life nods (scion plus left of Bravery) so it's not a very effective wheel for you. So what if you drop the 6 points for "Mana and flask" and "Written in blood", and invest 4 of them in Charisma and 2 of them in the life nods.

That's: -10% increased life and around -70 energy shield, -8% mana, the intell stays in case you need it, 12% area of effect (don't know if usefull in any way) +12% reduced mana reservation from all your auras, and 6% increased effect of your non curse auras. I don't know if dropping +10% increased life is huge to you. I understand if it would be, but with some work you gain it back on gear with +totallife (and 3% by using divines on the helmet 2-5% roll to start with, or just buy a Scourge arrow helmet and craft it until you have something good then switch)

On top of freeing you hagony enchant, the 12% reduction from all aura means you will even be able to drop the enlighten for dread banner and gain one slot. Because your enchant + engliggthen lvl 2 on banner saves you 7.9% reserved mana, while my "Charisma" proposition saves 9% of reserved mana. You can put Withering step in place as you have no totem to apply Wither stacks and you love to stand in the middle of things from your video. That skill wil also benefit from the increased area of effect.

Boy that is a LOT of text.

Long story short, I have not min-maxed this build (atleast not according to what I consider min-maxing). I had a lot of fun playing the initial build and then decided to have some stupid fun with it which resulted in my tree/items/aura's etc. Not once have I looked at my stuff and went "Wow I really figured this all out". Not at all.

I had the helm enchant before and like I said before I don't feel like it added anything at all. Mainly because everything dies almost instantly anyway...

"
Same1 wrote:

Long story short, I have not min-maxed this build (atleast not according to what I consider min-maxing). I had a lot of fun playing the initial build and then decided to have some stupid fun with it which resulted in my tree/items/aura's etc. Not once have I looked at my stuff and went "Wow I really figured this all out". Not at all.

I had the helm enchant before and like I said before I don't feel like it added anything at all. Mainly because everything dies almost instantly anyway...

You described in detail your thought process for the build and gave a video so I thought you were quite invested and interested moving forward. No problem, I loved going through your version (you can tell provided my wall of text :D) and weighting the pros and cons for myself in the process.

You often use the word feel, while I crush numbers. At least don't discourage others to invest 2 ex in the enchant (not like I'm selling any :p). You say things dies instantly so the setup is already too good for the enchant to matter but in your video things don't evaporate at all. You are tanky as fuck but things don't die instantly.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Oct 9, 2019, 1:12:56 PM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
Spoiler
"
Same1 wrote:

You described in detail your thought process for the build and gave a video so I thought you were quite invested and interested moving forward. No problem, I loved going through your version (you can tell provided my wall of text :D) and weighting the pros and cons for myself in the process.

You often use the word feel, while I crush numbers. At least don't discourage others to invest 2 ex in the enchant (not like I'm selling any :p). You say things dies instantly so the setup is already too good for the enchant to matter but in your video things don't evaporate at all. You are tanky as fuck but things don't die instantly.

Well it's still a Poison Prolif build... So instant death doesn't happen often... However I hardly ever have to shoot more than once.
Just wanted to come in and say thanks for an amasing build/guide.

Strong, tanky and viable for all content/ highly recommend.

Hi guys,im noob in this game. I have question about despair link in my armour, i DOnt use it. What i can use in it ? Mby something with curse on hit ? I dont have any curses.

Sorry for my english.
"
ITALJANECC wrote:
Hi guys,im noob in this game. I have question about despair link in my armour, i DOnt use it. What i can use in it ? Mby something with curse on hit ? I dont have any curses.

Sorry for my english.

Hello.

Well, you are supposed to self-cast it on bosses if you do not have any other source of Despair. It is huge damage boost so its definitely worth keeping. But if you find yourself not using it at all, you can just replace it with Empower to boost Plague Bearer. You can also get despair corruption on gloves instead etc.

"
mimesis82 wrote:
Just wanted to come in and say thanks for an amasing build/guide.

Strong, tanky and viable for all content/ highly recommend.

Thanks, glad you liked it :)
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Oct 11, 2019, 6:58:40 AM
I also would like to give credits to the build. It's fantastic.

I picked up the build a few weeks ago with the only goal to do Blighted maps with my friend, a RF chieftain. At that time we were both melee and were saving all our Blighted maps to do them once we felt ready. We felt like that day would never come with our two build so I said I would invest in a "carry" character. And ho boy I found more than a carry. The build is perfectly well rounded and I'm wanting to league start with it next time.

Also just for the pleasure of mention two nice events:

- the crafting: I used the method described on the OP until I got Maim, -15 mana, and the two life mods, brought Leo to research to slam a suffix and got T3 light res. At the end it looks like that:

I felt really lucky so I share with you.

Also about crafting, I did not see this mentionned in the Op but you can craft +% chaos damage on a Stygian blet with an Aberrant fossil. As I'm using Divine Flesh and Darkscorn I also benefit from a Chaos res rolls from the fossil, but any of you can benefit from the increased damage on the belt and you'll not have to wait for both chaos rolls like me.

- the run of the T1 to T15 blighted maps for the challenge with my buddy: First it was really fun to do that together with my friend. Up until T12 we did not loot anything interesting aside from a Raw ex. But in the last maps, we got a Doctor from a blighted chest, a 21/13 Raise Specter, another raw ex and a lvl82 fingerless shaper base. That's 18 ex total, plus all the sub-ex drops for the whole session. I don't think we will get that much lucky again anytime soon.

Thank you thedeathbeam for allowing me to really enjoy my first bow build!

So should i craft more? or it's ok and i must try link that?
"
Sn0rlaks wrote:

So should i craft more? or it's ok and i must try link that?

It's a nice craft that would be worth wearing but you can indeed still get better. So before recrafting it or liking it I would slam a Suffix first. If the suffix is a high res, or high intelligence, link it. If the suffix is trash, recraft. Block the prefix with 5-8 %life%mana.

As you most likelly don't have leo in research with 3 stars ready, or you probably are not willing to slam a real ex, you could buy a six link for 30-40c (or buy the div cards for the Sacrificial Garb to get it for half the price) and craft it until you have something fine (less fine than what you show us), so you can play your scourge arrow build with it and work on Leo. Then you have your two base for crafting and you don't fear too much to overwrite something a bit above average, because you won't be naked thanks to the other base.

I really think your base deserve this suffix slam.

Imagine this perfect craft (among other very good combinaison):

Prefix
-high life
-hybrid life from Delve
-hybrid %life%mana from the bench

Suffix
-1% regen
-minus 15 mana to skill
-High res or high intel

You are one suffix away from that.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Oct 11, 2019, 11:06:49 AM
Im bad crafter))) so i must just use Exalted orb on my body right? and its become or cool or trash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info