[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Same1 wrote:

EDIT: https://youtu.be/7V4C8Ko8Dj4

Thank you for the description of your build, it's a cool version. With that much tankyness you can really face tank stuff and it's great with scourge arrow.

I just can't help but pointing out that you seem to sleep on the biggest advantage of your facetank ability, and provided your other answer about the fact that you never reach max stage on Scourge arrow it seems it's a choice of yours.

Scourge arrow offers: "150 more damage with hits and Ailments per stage".

On the map boss you fire many short charges of 1-2 pods even though you stand still. By charging to 5 stages, you get roughly as many poison stacks (you realease less arrows but each one has more pods), but with 450% to 600% more damage with your poison compare to stage 1 or 2.

I can't just not point this out, these are too bigs numbers to sleep on.
"
Reazion wrote:
I got a okay'ish darkscorn + a close to perfect drillneck. One quick question, do i need to cap chaos resist due to the phys to chaos conversion or am i good with what'll be -23% ish without the chaos res roll on circle of nostalgia when i get a better one?

Right will answer this first considering no-one else did. Yes you want a positive Chaos Res while running around with Darkscorn. It really isn't all too hard to cap Chaos Res either with the crafting bench.

https://pastebin.com/TxyBK6M5 - My suggestion for your tree
I don't like the tree OP made for this build, mostly because I don't like spending 12 points just to get Golem's Blood and Dirty Techniques. Dirty Techniques gives a huge DPS increase in PoB but that is mainly because of the "20% increased Poison Duration". You already have 1.5 mill shaper DPS currently so trust me when I say you don't need poisons to last longer because 99% of the game content is dead before your poisons run out anyway.
Also for some reason you allocated a 30 Int node on your tree which you don't need. Consider swapping that to Corruption (or Dirty Techniques if you really want to... But I don't think it's worth it).

Then if I were you I would replace all of your jewels with Inc Max Life - Damage with Poison - 10/12% Double Res. In my suggested tree you have 4 jewel sockets if you save 1 socket for Watcher's Eye you still have 3 left so if you fill those with 3x 12% double res jewels you can fix 2 resistances for 36% which is HUGE.
After that fix the rest with gear while making sure most of your rare gear has an open suffix on it so you can craft 15% X Res + 15% Chaos Res on it. In your case you could have:
- Helmet
- Boots
- Ammy
- Ring
- Belt
Not counting Body Armour because there are so many nice other crafts for that thing...
Anyway that is 5x 15% X Res + Chaos Res.

"
Rootsmann wrote:
Spoiler
"
Same1 wrote:

EDIT: https://youtu.be/7V4C8Ko8Dj4

Thank you for the description of your build, it's a cool version. With that much tankyness you can really face tank stuff and it's great with scourge arrow.

I just can't help but pointing out that you seem to sleep on the biggest advantage of your facetank ability, and provided your other answer about the fact that you never reach max stage on Scourge arrow it seems it's a choice of yours.

Scourge arrow offers: "150 more damage with hits and Ailments per stage".

On the map boss you fire many short charges of 1-2 pods even though you stand still. By charging to 5 stages, you get roughly as many poison stacks (you realease less arrows but each one has more pods), but with 450% to 600% more damage with your poison compare to stage 1 or 2.

I can't just not point this out, these are too bigs numbers to sleep on.

Yeah I realize that. I do it vs Harbingers, Delve encounters and blight encounters but Alleyways boss is such a pushover that it just never comes to mind...

As for mapping, 99% of my clear comes from Mirage Archer focussing down packs I haven't even spotted yet.

"
Adamisgr8 wrote:
Spoiler
Even though it says 'max stages', it will always add +1 pod at all stages, not just max.

I know, I pointed out that I just don't think it is worth the 10-15ex for just the enchant on a ilvl 83+ Lion Pelt.

"
Adamisgr8 wrote:
Spoiler
Also, having scourge arrow socketed into your body doesn't mean the body armour is the one inflicting the poisons, the bow (darkscorn) is still the one inflicting the poison.

I didn't know this, anyway for me it didn't matter anyway because I bought a 6L Sporeguard (Str/Int base) and getting that to 3 green/3 blue is a pain. I just figured that because OP states that if you craft a bow like he mentions you lose out on the -15 total mana cost which made me think the way I did.

"
Rootsmann wrote:
Spoiler
Edit: if you prefer a different wording, with the enchant you proc infused chanelling by reaching 5 stage every 8 seconds and in between you can zoom zoom speedy 1-2 charges through mobs with 50-100% more dps that what you would have without the enchant.

Again, I know, but getting to 1.5/2 mill shaper DPS takes little to no investment or effort. My argument was simply that I think the enchant is insanely overpriced at 10-15ex for a ilvl 83+ Lion Pelt.
"
Same1 wrote:
I think the enchant is insanely overpriced at 10-15ex for a ilvl 83+ Lion Pelt.

Honest question: Why do you value the Lion pelt so much over the enchant?

With a Lion Pelt you get something like 120 base evasion more than a nightmare Bascinet but loose aroun 150 armor (a completly random example). As for the level, the only difference between an average level helmet and a 84 level is that T1 res and T1 increase evasion can roll. But that is 4% res that I don't see matering and 10% increase on the local evasion on the helmet (+38 evasion raw).

So you can settle for a good helmet base lvl<84 for 2 ex, get your evasion and your armor, roll your 42-45% res, T1 life and Delve life with the chaos resist reduction, and be completely happy with a 100% (1 stage) to 20% (5 stage) more DPS.

What am I missing?

"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
Same1 wrote:
I think the enchant is insanely overpriced at 10-15ex for a ilvl 83+ Lion Pelt.

Honest question: Why do you value the Lion pelt so much over the enchant?

With a Lion Pelt you get something like 120 base evasion more than a nightmare Bascinet but loose aroun 150 armor (a completly random example). As for the level, the only difference between an average level helmet and a 84 level is that T1 res and T1 increase evasion can roll. But that is 4% res that I don't see matering and 10% increase on the local evasion on the helmet (+38 evasion raw).

So you can settle for a good helmet base lvl<84 for 2 ex, get your evasion and your armor, roll your 42-45% res, T1 life and Delve life with the chaos resist reduction, and be completely happy with a 100% (1 stage) to 20% (5 stage) more DPS.

What am I missing?

Because the enchant is what I consider part of min-maxing this build. And min-maxing for me means getting this on a T1 Evasion based item because that is what the build focuses around. I get 196% inc evasion from the tree. If I drop my current 483 evasion helmet I lose 9% evade chance (without everything up) which imo is rather significant.

Apart from the above I also feel the enchant will impact me much or at all whereas dropping my current enchant does.
"
Same1 wrote:
"
Reazion wrote:
I got a okay'ish darkscorn + a close to perfect drillneck. One quick question, do i need to cap chaos resist due to the phys to chaos conversion or am i good with what'll be -23% ish without the chaos res roll on circle of nostalgia when i get a better one?

Right will answer this first considering no-one else did. Yes you want a positive Chaos Res while running around with Darkscorn. It really isn't all too hard to cap Chaos Res either with the crafting bench.

https://pastebin.com/TxyBK6M5 - My suggestion for your tree
I don't like the tree OP made for this build, mostly because I don't like spending 12 points just to get Golem's Blood and Dirty Techniques. Dirty Techniques gives a huge DPS increase in PoB but that is mainly because of the "20% increased Poison Duration". You already have 1.5 mill shaper DPS currently so trust me when I say you don't need poisons to last longer because 99% of the game content is dead before your poisons run out anyway.
Also for some reason you allocated a 30 Int node on your tree which you don't need. Consider swapping that to Corruption (or Dirty Techniques if you really want to... But I don't think it's worth it).

Then if I were you I would replace all of your jewels with Inc Max Life - Damage with Poison - 10/12% Double Res. In my suggested tree you have 4 jewel sockets if you save 1 socket for Watcher's Eye you still have 3 left so if you fill those with 3x 12% double res jewels you can fix 2 resistances for 36% which is HUGE.
After that fix the rest with gear while making sure most of your rare gear has an open suffix on it so you can craft 15% X Res + 15% Chaos Res on it. In your case you could have:
- Helmet
- Boots
- Ammy
- Ring
- Belt
Not counting Body Armour because there are so many nice other crafts for that thing...
Anyway that is 5x 15% X Res + Chaos Res.

The 30 int allocated was from annointment on my amulet from a while ago when i needed int, was more of a quick fix than anything else.
I swapped my tree to your suggestion and crafted chaos res on rare pieces with an open suffix. I have two more questions and i'll stop bothering you;
Since currently all my resists besides chaos is overcapped (80-100%), should i just get chaos resist on jewels rather than 12% double res ones?
As far as gear upgrades go, would a decent watcher's eye be my next go-to item?
Same1 I really disagree with these points. I love to discuss builds so please don't take my comments in a bad ways. I'm working with you, not against you.

"
Because the enchant is what I consider part of min-maxing this build.

I consider 20% to 100% more damage and additional fluidity (in laying 2-3 spores) in gameplay as core for the build, not min maxing. Min maxing is getting the enchant on the perfect base. The enchant is core and cost 2ex. It's not cheap but that's the price of your gloves so it's fine.

"
If I drop my current 483 evasion helmet I lose 9% evade chance (without everything up) which imo is rather significant.

Except you won't drop your evasion helmet, you'll pass from the best evasion helmet to another helmet with less evasion. With my example it's 38 raw evasion less, not 380 raw evasion less. Pretty significant difference of an order of magnitude.

So in the end you are valueing 38 base evasion over 20-100% (5-1 stages) more damage and extra fuildity.

"
I also feel the enchant will impact me much or at all whereas dropping my current enchant does.

That is a point that really merit to be debated. Let's assume you are very thirsty in mana and let's put aside your choice for the banner (which I believe is only here for Fortify as empale doesn't do much for us).

We can put in competition a lvl 21 precision with your helmet enchant versus a level 18 precision and the scourge arrow enchant. It's hard for me to estimate your mana but I believe you gain about 70 mana from your enchant and loose 38 mana from the lvl 21 precision aura. 110 accuraccy is not that significant. Maybe this switch is already enough to allow you to function without the herald enchant, but you could also get a -mana spend on your ring ang work on that resist somewhere else in case it's still too close. Or go down to lvl 17 Precision. As long as you stay above 95% chance to hit it's still preeeetty good.

Or we could even imagine getting rid of the banner and get Fortify from hardened Scarb on the amulet then the problem is already solved? Much better up time on Fortify and the increase in DPS from the scourge enchant completely overpass your Corruption anointment (and I say this having Corruption too (for now)).

Edit: Ho I have another solution. I was looking at your tree. You invested a point in "Mana and flask" and 5 points in "Written in blood". The 5 points for Written in blood gives 5% less life than if you invested those points in only life nods (scion plus left of Bravery) so it's not a very effective wheel for you. So what if you drop the 6 points for "Mana and flask" and "Written in blood", and invest 4 of them in Charisma and 2 of them in the life nods.

That's: -10% increased life and around -70 energy shield, -8% mana, the intell stays in case you need it, 12% area of effect (don't know if usefull in any way) +12% reduced mana reservation from all your auras, and 6% increased effect of your non curse auras. I don't know if dropping +10% increased life is huge to you. I understand if it would be, but with some work you gain it back on gear with +totallife (and 3% by using divines on the helmet 2-5% roll to start with, or just buy a Scourge arrow helmet and craft it until you have something good then switch)

On top of freeing you hagony enchant, the 12% reduction from all aura means you will even be able to drop the enlighten for dread banner and gain one slot. Because your enchant + engliggthen lvl 2 on banner saves you 7.9% reserved mana, while my "Charisma" proposition saves 9% of reserved mana. You can put Withering step in place as you have no totem to apply Wither stacks and you love to stand in the middle of things from your video. That skill wil also benefit from the increased area of effect.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Oct 9, 2019, 10:47:46 AM
i love this build.....

thank u for that

perhaps anyone could tell me what to do next to get more out of my char

thx
"
Same1 wrote:
I don't like the tree OP made for this build, mostly because I don't like spending 12 points just to get Golem's Blood and Dirty Techniques. Dirty Techniques gives a huge DPS increase in PoB but that is mainly because of the "20% increased Poison Duration".
I was under the impression the most valuable line of that talent was "poisons deal damage 5% faster"?
"
Reazion wrote:
The 30 int allocated was from annointment on my amulet from a while ago when i needed int, was more of a quick fix than anything else.
I swapped my tree to your suggestion and crafted chaos res on rare pieces with an open suffix. I have two more questions and i'll stop bothering you;
Since currently all my resists besides chaos is overcapped (80-100%), should i just get chaos resist on jewels rather than 12% double res ones?
As far as gear upgrades go, would a decent watcher's eye be my next go-to item?

Chaos resist jewels are rare and expensive.

Watcher's eye probably is your next best upgrade yeah.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Same1 wrote:
I don't like the tree OP made for this build, mostly because I don't like spending 12 points just to get Golem's Blood and Dirty Techniques. Dirty Techniques gives a huge DPS increase in PoB but that is mainly because of the "20% increased Poison Duration".
I was under the impression the most valuable line of that talent was "poisons deal damage 5% faster"?

Actually never really tested it :). Just assumed it was the increased duration. My point stands though, better off annointing that node instead of walking there and spending 12 points in the process.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info