They're people who think maps droping too much is a bad thing.

Feels like the ones who can mindlessly play the same thing over and over for hours without getting better than average rewards from it are braindead tbh.
They are gonna reset in 3 months, so who cares.
wait... I thought the game was dead... wasn't it?
I thought u couldnt play long due to vertigo...

Checks characters, cyclone slayer with Oni lol
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Feels like the ones who can mindlessly play the same thing over and over for hours without getting better than average rewards from it are braindead tbh.

the game is braindead, if im in blood aqua i 1 shot everything mindlessly, if im in a t15 map i 1 shot everything mindlessly... whats the difference? Having to backtrack playing some shitty layout that is in no way conducive to endgame grinding and being constantly jarred out of any kind of gameplay flow in the latter, thats basically the difference. If youre gonna give me a mindless game then do it properly.

my brain is working just fine, its concentrating on the audiobook im listening to. You gonna tell me poes map system gameplay actually uses up the brainpower you have to offer? Press mouse 1 while mobs u cant even see under the loot pile just vanish on contact? Please...

trust me, I have time for arpg games that actually engage my brain with their day to day grinding content, thats why I still play diablo 3. And yeah, I wish that was a sarcastic comment, but sadly thats where we are at in 2019 and this monster life buff is pretty far off changing that fact.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

the game is braindead, if im in blood aqua i 1 shot everything mindlessly, if im in a t15 map i 1 shot everything mindlessly...
*snip*
And yeah, I wish that was a sarcastic comment, but sadly thats where we are at in 2019 and this monster life buff is pretty far off changing that fact.

You kinda said the opposite here.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

the game is braindead, if im in blood aqua i 1 shot everything mindlessly, if im in a t15 map i 1 shot everything mindlessly...
*snip*
And yeah, I wish that was a sarcastic comment, but sadly thats where we are at in 2019 and this monster life buff is pretty far off changing that fact.

You kinda said the opposite here.

no i didnt
Yeah, not "said the opposite", that was a bad way to word it. Buffing monster life would definitely fix being able to mindlessly one-shot though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Yeah, not "said the opposite", that was a bad way to word it. Buffing monster life would definitely fix being able to mindlessly one-shot though.

well they just gave rares 100% more life and theyre still getting instagibbed by builds who focus on defense...

but theres people in the feedback forum complaining about how tough rares are now, people who im fairly sure make characters that deal twice the damage im dealing. So whats the chances of them actually making meaningful changes like buffing rare mobs to have maybe 4x the life they have now?

a map system set up like this, with 16 tiers, cannot provide proper gameplay for the power gap between builds that exists in this game. It simply cant. Diablo 3s scaling system is the answer to arpg endgame, this system is complete garbage.

Want mindless loop farm endgame today? nope, its maps, full clear, utter cancer.

Want actual thoughtful endgame gameplay today? nope, its maps, cannot balance challenge so any half decent build with half decent gear just lolstomps everything.

Theres no real reward for taking on harder maps, and the difficulty scaling of the random mods on maps is so nebulous a concept. Can your build clear T15 maps? sure, any half baked endgame build can. Theres not even a sense of achievement or scale from anything in the map system. I have some builds in D3 that can clear tier 110 grifts, and some that cap out around 105, and some that cap out around 95... all of them can strive to get that 1 step higher each time. what is there in maps? every build I have can walk through t15s in my sleep... ok...? what can you even take from that? Wheres my motivation to squeeze another 2% performance out? wheres any feeling of satisfaction or progression?

Am I supposed to feel like ive achieved something when rng finally drops a t15 map for me on a character who could probably have stomped it back when i was running t8 maps?
Well the rare problem is a risk vs reward vs time investment thing. The big point from the people "complaining" is that it's no longer worth the risk/time to kill a rare. This is basically the same thought process of people skipping bosses a lot of the time, they're more dangerous and take longer, and they're not proportionally more rewarding.

"
a map system set up like this, with 16 tiers, cannot provide proper gameplay for the power gap between builds that exists in this game. It simply cant. Diablo 3s scaling system is the answer to arpg endgame, this system is complete garbage.

The best part of this solution is the power creed is no longer a concern, you double the power of a player (whatever that means), and it doesn't matter because there's a proportionally more rewarding and more difficult entity to fight.

Delve is the closest thing to this we have in the game now, and it's really unfortunate that it's gated the way it is. One of the big complaints some people have is Delve gets really samey (personally I don't know how they feel that way about delve and not maps but whatever) there are ways to fix that. Imagine a system where your progress exactly like delve, but when you click to go to the next instance instead of running delve you run a map instead, and get your special reward from killing the boss. Then you get an actual increased map variety, instead of the goal of only running 5 maps, and you get infinite scaling and completion based progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info