They're people who think maps droping too much is a bad thing.

Holy smokes... exact same discussions as the ones from 2013...

GGG obviously showed what they want, I stopped beating the dead horse way back in 2014 or 2015. I did waste a lot of time on it, unfortunately.

Right now I only came back because I have finally something to socked other than MPD/FA/CE/AFD.

Will see how things get going when I reach maps. If I get hard-stuck steamrolling t5 maps I will simply leave again.
Who cares at this point? Too low, too high, it's just about right atm. Besides you're all acting anyone will care about drops rates 3-4 weeks into the season where we all have too much to spend and 3/4 of the population are waiting for next season.
Last edited by poeGT on Jun 12, 2019, 8:20:07 AM
"
poeGT wrote:
Who cares at this point? Too low, too high, it's just about right atm. Besides you're all acting anyone will care about drops rates 3-4 weeks into the season where we all have too much to spend and 3/4 of the population are waiting for next season.

then there will be the same ones complaining and demanding for nerfs because they can't make profit by flipping/fixing maps..

and the "ded league" meme all over while people that join late or wants to play later is basically stuck in the infamous system of elder-shaper if you're doing zana's questline.
Turning players into payers. Anti NPC-Echo chamber.
I dont need an ignore list.. because I enjoy laughing.

"My vision is important here, not yours" - Wannabe elitist poe player SC King 20XX.
"
Reinhart wrote:

I love the map system. There are around 150 different maps which translates into a lot of diversity given to the player. And some of these maps are really well designed. Every map is then even randomly generated. Running the same map over and over is boring. The only reason some people do it, is because they want to get top ladder spots by just running in a straight line.

And honestly you choose running a lvl 79 blood aqueduct over the current map system. That totally baffles me.

150 maps? that means I probably hate 140 of them.

Running the same map over is fine for me, I never went in for the shaped strand meta because it was too much fussing with trade etc to set it up quickly, but if u gave me a button to convert every map in my standard stash to a beach map of equiv tier id press it.

because maps are a limited supply item whos returns are essential to sustain you are encouraged to somewhat full clear zones. How this plays out for me is I walk into a zone, i open my minimap, think about the most optimal way to sweep the area not leaving any space that i will need to backtrack to clear and then I spend the whole map with my mini map open trying to follow and adapt that clearance sweep plan.

I dont look at the game. I dont look at the mobs. The mobs are something that just dies to my 1 button spam vaguely in the background on a subconscious level while my conscious brain is just completely focused on layout and how i am moving through it, with an occasional distraction of looting a drop.

When I chain aqueduct i never look at my map, i look at the game, what i am doing, im actually play a game. I see monsters, I dont think about layout, theres always the other half of the level on the other side of the channel i dont clear... and i dont care because its a spammable zone, im not forced to backtrack and get all the mobs. When I play rifts in diablo i never have to full clear, I look at the game, i am engaged in the game itself. I can relax, get into a groove, i stop even thinking about layouts and preference to them.

When I get out of blood aqua i simply reset it, when i get out of a d3 rift i press the rift button and go again, theres no hesitation. when i get out of a map i open my stash and i am confronted with the choice of dozens of maps, which of these maps do i hate the least, which of these mods that are all negative are the least negative in combination...

I just want to play a game man. dont ask me which of these 30 maps i can run next i hate the least, i hate all of them and it makes me question if i want to play the game at all, and that question is going through my head every 2 minutes after i clear the next map.

With rifts, with blood aqua, i just start grinding and hey, 5 hours later its like damn, where did the time go? I was just lost in it. If you think people only chain content for efficiency of reward you are mistaken.
Feels like the ones who can mindlessly play the same thing over and over for hours without getting better than average rewards from it are braindead tbh.
They are gonna reset in 3 months, so who cares.
wait... I thought the game was dead... wasn't it?
I thought u couldnt play long due to vertigo...

Checks characters, cyclone slayer with Oni lol
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Feels like the ones who can mindlessly play the same thing over and over for hours without getting better than average rewards from it are braindead tbh.

the game is braindead, if im in blood aqua i 1 shot everything mindlessly, if im in a t15 map i 1 shot everything mindlessly... whats the difference? Having to backtrack playing some shitty layout that is in no way conducive to endgame grinding and being constantly jarred out of any kind of gameplay flow in the latter, thats basically the difference. If youre gonna give me a mindless game then do it properly.

my brain is working just fine, its concentrating on the audiobook im listening to. You gonna tell me poes map system gameplay actually uses up the brainpower you have to offer? Press mouse 1 while mobs u cant even see under the loot pile just vanish on contact? Please...

trust me, I have time for arpg games that actually engage my brain with their day to day grinding content, thats why I still play diablo 3. And yeah, I wish that was a sarcastic comment, but sadly thats where we are at in 2019 and this monster life buff is pretty far off changing that fact.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

the game is braindead, if im in blood aqua i 1 shot everything mindlessly, if im in a t15 map i 1 shot everything mindlessly...
*snip*
And yeah, I wish that was a sarcastic comment, but sadly thats where we are at in 2019 and this monster life buff is pretty far off changing that fact.

You kinda said the opposite here.
Level 9999 Majin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info