They're people who think maps droping too much is a bad thing.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
jackof8lades has some very valid points tbh. Im in the camp of wanting people to have all day access to content that is fit to provide meaningful gameplay for their builds whenever they want for however long they want it.

but a map system is a map system, if you want everyone to have complete access to all the maps all the time you dont make a map system, the atlas should just be a chart of waypoints where you zone into zones, maps shouldnt exist. What we have is a map system and the whole point of having maps as items that we loot is that you dont always have them. It feels special when you get a great map drop, that means you dont have them coming out of your ears all the time, you need scarcity to some extent to make the map system fun and functional.

If you guys dont like the idea of a map system then fine, I have many quarrels with the map system. but its what we have and as long as this is our endgame then you have to accept what comes with a map system. The feedback forum is there, if you dont want maps, you want all access content then go tell GGG thats what you want, you dont want maps. Cause im hearing and seeing people proving they dont want a map system all day all the time but very few of them actually realise its what theyre saying and doing. If you want maps this is what maps are, an rng system of scarcity where theres content above the content that you can sustain, and that is something you look forward to occasionally finding. Its a system with rng and scarcity to some extent baked into its fabric, and actually thats one of its better aspects imo.

Theres many things i like about maps, that idea is one of them and I think people like jackof8lades who defend this sort of balance do have legitimate opinions based on enjoying the system working how its supposed to work.

But that's only half the equation when it comes to the map system. The most important part (imo) is the modifiers and rarities of the maps.

So yes a waypoint system might be ok as long as they maintain all the league, rarity, and corruption modifiers as a secondary concept. You could keep access to all maps, but how you modify them could be regulated.

There is a big difference in running a yellow 10 mod corrupted T15 map as opposed to a normal white T15 map which your post fails to account for.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I think some of you are looking at this the wrong way.

GGG has always had an ebb and flow to their leagues. Some leagues have easier access to things than other leagues.

Incursion had Vaal orbs all over the place. Betrayal had access to various items creating a very healthy SSF environment. Perandus gave a ton of access to "expensive" uniques to more casual players.

This league is raining maps and Regal orbs like nuts. I'm sure next league will go back to starving of us "A" and giving us "B".

The balances in maps and currency seem to be a league feature that they adjust again in 3 months.

I don't see the issue. I think they are testing the waters to see if people do play more when maps are accessible. I mean do you guys not remember Harbinger league?? Shaper sets were like 12 chaos lol. That was the "free access" league.

I personally enjoy the current drop rate and will be mapping well into the season. May even go for 36 challenges on SSF (god help me).

I did 2 maps 8 mods t11 corrupted.. 20%.

how many RED maps in return from both? 0

then

I bought 2 more after 20+ minutes dealing with price fixers

same 8 mods 20%

red maps in return from both: 2 (1 each both that I already previously cleared, didnt even help my progression on the bloody atlas).

"RnG iS fInE"

who likes clearing the same map over 3-5 times on the same day or getting downgrades even when you "invest" on them? and in return for your investment you get zero progress on your atlas.

meh, good thing I don't care that much yet for the zana questline but still.. not being able to progress because RNG or price fixers/flippers is another mark of the many in the end game of poe.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:

then

same 8 mods 20%

red maps in return from both: 2 (1 each both that I already previously cleared, didnt even help my progression on the bloody atlas).

"RnG iS fInE"

who likes clearing the same map over 3-5 times on the same day or getting downgrades even when you "invest" on them? and in return for your investment you get zero progress on your atlas.

meh, good thing I don't care that much yet for the zana questline but still.. not being able to progress because RNG or price fixers/flippers is another mark of the many in the end game of poe.

Do never conclude something on a sample size of 2/4. You can hardly say anything statistically.

To get a better picture of the possible return on 8 mods T11 corrupted, you should do at least 100 maps of similar quantity, to get an idea.

But please do not come to the forum and state the obvious. Ow I threw a dice two times: first a two, second a one. Shit I can't roll a 6.

The game is designed in such a way that you should run tons of a similar tier before you advance.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
You're saying it's only bad if you have to spend 10-20 hours running the same map? I keep checking this thread, and I still haven't seen one point other than this game should be extremely grindy. I've run like 100 maps now, and only made it to T5s, always alching, vaaling, and occasionally chiseling. The drop rates seem fine, since they aren't guaranteed higher/new maps. I think you guys are just PoE junkies, you want to be on every second of your life.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
They're people who think maps droping too much is a bad thing.

Haven't you read the forums lately? Everything is bad.
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

then

same 8 mods 20%

"RnG iS fInE"

Do never conclude something on a sample size of 2/4. You can hardly say anything statistically.

To get a better picture of the possible return on 8 mods T11 corrupted, you should do at least 100 maps of similar quantity, to get an idea.

But please do not come to the forum and state the obvious. Ow I threw a dice two times: first a two, second a one. Shit I can't roll a 6.

The game is designed in such a way that you should run tons of a similar tier before you advance.

Well it's not a good idea to get an overview throwing the dice 4 times like that is something that we're expected to do with the map system and the idea that you can do everything right and fail catastrophically like that is the entire problem with the system. The fact that there's some fail rate at all for doing an 8 mod map is silly. Since it's random at some point some people can and will fail no matter how much they do, and that's bad. So yes what you described will give you a better picture of the probability of getting map returns, but this experience gave us all the picture we need to know that there's something severely wrong, and that's that there is a probability of failure at all.

"

This is of course the entire problem with the system, especially when you combine it with the experience penalty for out leveling things. We're are simultaneously in a content presentation system that encourages us to out level content and have a system that punishes us for exactly that. The entire problem with the system is that content completion is not ALWAYS rewarded with more content to complete of similar or higher difficulty.

The current map system is just a recipe for people to say what they're saying now, that the game is easy and requires them paying no attention to it. Because as was said in the development manifesto when they implemented the system, the entire point is to restrict people from doing difficult content and complaining that they can't complete it.
personally I do not see any difference with the previous league. -_-
I mean maybe my rng is dead! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info