[3.7] Crit Tectonic Slam Chieftain, Oni Goroshi SSF / League starter Passive Tree

What do you suppose for the 2nd 6-link?
Hey I've been using this build for Legion, so far it's been fun. I had a couple questions.

Gladiator's Perseverance: It's still worth using due to the other buffs applied even though we are pure fire therefore getting no leech from the physical leech nodes? I went over to Vitality Void instead for now for the extra leech.

Xoph's Blood: I got a corrupted one with increased Anger effect that I've been using for now. Would it be worth it to go with Ramako instead of Flame's Advance while I'm using it since Xoph's gives Avatar of Fire already?

Endurance charges: I rarely get even two charges before Tectonic uses them, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong since you are getting all these extra endurance charge nodes. The way it is now I can't even get to 4 charges, I've never even had 3 that I noticed.
"
Bentley813 wrote:
Gladiator's Perseverance: It's still worth using due to the other buffs applied even though we are pure fire therefore getting no leech from the physical leech nodes? I went over to Vitality Void instead for now for the extra leech.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this. When I theorycrafted the build, PoB said that the node gave attack damage as leech, this has been corrected to physical attack damage, and that part of the node no longer works for us. This seems bad, but we already reach the leech cap no problem with just one 0.4% node, or warlords mark, and I feel we are already forced to take one of these options because of the mana leech. This holds true even for -60% curse effectiveness bosses in relation to Warlords Mark. I am going to keep it in my build for now, but I might change it in the future.

The node gives nice dps as well as increased leech cap, with no extra pathing, however it is worth asking how often are we leeching? with 0% leech uptime the 3 nodes give 44% increased phys and 20% increased maximum total recovery per second from leeching, with 100% uptime we get 20% increased attack damage on top of that. Path of building is confusing me a little, since it seems to be calculating the extra 20% even if I remove all sources of leech.

I have tried some other options without this node, and the problem is there isn't a great deal more damage to be added efficiently in a generic SSF setup. So basically you are just getting 15% increased life instead if you decide to drop these nodes, which is obviously not a terrible option. In your case if you are using Anger I assume you don't use Warlords mark, in which case Vitality Void is almost certainly a far better option, and you will probably drop Eagle Eye or something to free up some points. I didn't personally like Vitality void because of the 4 pathing nodes, so I will stick to Warlord's Mark for now in my build. Another reason for this is that Hatred and Anger both do not seem to add much dps, and have huge mana reservations, at least in PoB. For comparison Herald of Purity, Ash, or Precision seem to add more, for much less reservation. I know Hatred can chioll and freeze, which is nice, but we already maim so we have some similar effects there.

PoB also doesn't seem able to calculate Tasalio, Cleansing Water's "50% increased Life Recovery Rate if you've taken Fire damage from an Enemy Hit recently" and I can't find any real information of how this works in real terms, but it does apply to regen, leech and flasks.

If we are already at the leech rate cap does this increase it? I have no idea, the leech cap seems so easy to reach with Tectonic Slam's insane dps from my theorycrafting, but this is my first time playing melee for a long time and I never really worried about being efficient with leech before.

"
Bentley813 wrote:

Xoph's Blood: I got a corrupted one with increased Anger effect that I've been using for now. Would it be worth it to go with Ramako instead of Flame's Advance while I'm using it since Xoph's gives Avatar of Fire already?

Unless I am missing something, probably Ramako is better in this case.

"
Bentley813 wrote:
Endurance charges: I rarely get even two charges before Tectonic uses them, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong since you are getting all these extra endurance charge nodes. The way it is now I can't even get to 4 charges, I've never even had 3 that I noticed.

It is hard for me to compare, since with warlords mark I have constantly full endurance charges in normal mapping situations. What I will say is that with the nature of RNG, having the buffer of higher endurance charges should have its own benefits, especially with Smashing Strikes, which should push the average towards full charges rather than empty (not counting immortal call) but higher endurance charges will protect you from a run of bad luck causing you to go to 0 and losing dps.

The build should function well enough with 4 or 5 maximum charges, so after uber lab is done, you could put those points elsewhere if you want.

"
Masjan wrote:
What do you suppose for the 2nd 6-link?

at the moment my recommendation is Kaoms Heart, and since I am playing SSF, I haven't really considered a 2nd 6-link. Tectonic slam seems to have enough single target dps. Let me know if you think of something good to put in the chestpiece. :)
Last edited by dookleeto on Jun 10, 2019, 4:16:20 PM
Hi, guys, this is the Jugg-Molten strikes tree ( https://pastebin.com/Hqpdyxca ) I copied from the Oni MS build (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2075047) and revise it a little.

TL;DR: The molten stike can promise more DPS than TS for single target.

Spoiler
The damage still looks nice too. But the TS damage drops significantly.
Here is my calculation since the POB doesn't seem calculate it correctly. It's around 55k DPS for three balls only and that's 18.3K DPS per ball. So with wild fire, that's 91.5K DPS. And the if we take Iron Grip (Every 10 strength grants 2% increased melee physical damage, and we have 400 STR) and Point Blank in consideration now, that's maybe around 80%+50% = 130% damage boost. But I am not sure how IG is calculated actually, so let's say it's maybe only 90% additional damage plus. That means five balls = 173.5K and 34.7K DPS per ball without helmet enchantment.

With the expensive (for now) new jewel, https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Red_Dream, Chief can be quite OP but hard to get for sure. So i will go Jugg with TS to clear normal mobs and MS for some serious content.

Here is some screen shots for lazy fellas,

Spoiler

I am really looking forward to cut the end game cakes. And I am seriously worried about the hit-to-gain-charges mechanism as a console laggggggggggy player if going to be a chief without the fancy jewel.

Last edited by orcasdli_usa on Jun 12, 2019, 12:31:24 AM
Good stuff, thanks for the guide.

For those interested I had trouble igniting but with combustion "my embrace" always triggers.

My current gems are TS, Fortify, Pulverise, Ele Dmg, Melee Phys, and Combustion.

Have some trouble with mana atm but it works well.

On the leeching. As far as I understand life leech doesnt work because were full fire - am I right?
"
Vissermanza wrote:
On the leeching. As far as I understand life leech doesnt work because were full fire - am I right?

Attack damage leech works, as does Warlord's Mark. Physical attack damage doesn't leech.
Also, is it realistic to color the Oni to 6R links?

And why it is suggested to use fortify in TS setup? Also recommended by Rake in TS base 4L setup.
where are you getting the covered in ash? I see no hinekora nor xophs
I just got my Oni-Goroshi after 4 hours of farming (!) and I was just wondering, how come you skipped Master of the Arena and Art of the Gladiator? I've never seen a melee build skip those. I'm torn between which build I'm going to run with my new sword but tectonic slam seems interesting...
So I changed some things up. I realized after you replied that the Warlord's Mark is where the endurance charges were coming from. I'm now getting 4 charges on occasion, I don't think I'll go for the extra charges because I stacked a lot of attack speed and rarely gain more than 2. The Warlord on hit is working well, but I'm still a little mana starved. I could fix that if I got rid of blood and sand, but it's tolerable for now.

I put Blood Rage in my CWDT setup... I think I do more damage to myself in maps that the enemies do hehe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info