[3.7] Crit Tectonic Slam Chieftain, Oni Goroshi SSF / League starter Passive Tree

"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Is Oni goroshi farm still tedious? Never did it, but people do 4 scions and farm 4 swords right?

Did it yesterday. In total = 9h with 4 shadows. Feel that 9h is a bit lucky.
"
Masjan wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Is Oni goroshi farm still tedious? Never did it, but people do 4 scions and farm 4 swords right?

how much swords u farmed?
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

damn yes it is. this was my second oni i ever farmed. the first was last league and i got it with a lvl6 scion after just like 2 hours. this is why i tought im going to start with this weapon in legion league. but damn was this a pain in the ass!! this time i wasnt so lucky. like you already mentioned i made 4 scions and kept killing everything untill they hit lvl7 and from that point on i just ran straight to hillock each cycle...at the end all my chars were well into lvl8 (and dont forget; from lvl 7 to 8+, the only ep i got was from hillock and a few kills on the way to trigger onslaught) in the end after all chars were fully equiped (with alot of uniques too) and their inventories were full with lesser currency and chrome vendor items, i didnt even bother killing normal hillock anymore. i just ran straight to him, checked the sword that sticks in him and when it was the usual one i just logged out and saving the few seconds to kill him. about 10 minutes before i planed to giving up this mofo finally spawned with the oni in his chest....damn! sorry for the long story :D
"
Masjan wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

yes 9 hours was quite lucky i think. took me about 22 hours in total, counting together all the played time on my 4 farm chars. plus all the time it took to log out and switch chars it was probably something around 24 hours of farming
"
Paradoxxon wrote:

how much swords u farmed?

Only 1 )) 9h total with log in/out. All chars was 10% to lvl 8
Took me 11 hours total with 4 scions, all were about halfway to lvl 9. It was pretty painful to be honest but could be worse.

"
Paradoxxon wrote:
hi i dont understand where u u do the gems in what for gear pieces u have 2 helmets setups and 1 one weapon setup i think the body setup is in oni-goroshi and where i took the 2 helmet setups and the 1 weapon setup?I looked on pob in the skills :)

With all the new gems and changes, Path of building is not updated yet, so it is impossible to pick the best gems right now.

Don't forget to read Rake's guide, he will have lots of advice on gear and gems, I will update with my setups as and when I have tested some. unfortunately I am behind the curve due to spending 11 hours farming the sword :(
Hope you're having a wonderful league so far!

I've been following this build and it feels so god damn good! I found my oni in about 13 hours and my friend found it in like 3-5 hours. We're both running this build. Appreciate the leveling trees <3

I wanted to ask:

Why convert your physical to fire? Isn't Her Embrace buff pretty strong? If we're converting our physical to fire, especially 100% occasionally, doesn't that make the buff redundant? Except for the attack speed and stuff?

That would solve a mystery for both me and my friend, thanks!

EDIT: NVM. We kinda figured it out. You will still have 50% of your physical damage, and you will gain 223% of that 50% remaining physical as extra fire from both asc and oni. Which means boom dps. I think.
Last edited by BackdoorTrojanVirus on Jun 9, 2019, 7:46:29 PM
"
Hope you're having a wonderful league so far!

I've been following this build and it feels so god damn good! I found my oni in about 13 hours and my friend found it in like 3-5 hours. We're both running this build. Appreciate the leveling trees <3

I wanted to ask:

Why convert your physical to fire? Isn't Her Embrace buff pretty strong? If we're converting our physical to fire, especially 100% occasionally, doesn't that make the buff redundant? Except for the attack speed and stuff?

That would solve a mystery for both me and my friend, thanks!

EDIT: NVM. We kinda figured it out. You will still have 50% of your physical damage, and you will gain 223% of that 50% remaining physical as extra fire from both asc and oni. Which means boom dps. I think.

Yeah tectonic slam already converts 60% to fire, then we use ascendancy to get to 100% conversion, then we can scale either physical or fire for maximum efficiency. The physical into extra fire will still work as normal, as will any increases to physical damage on the tree.

By the way, if you are struggling at any point for dex or int, you can take proficiency or hard knocks and respec out of them for later.
Last edited by dookleeto on Jun 10, 2019, 2:46:19 AM
WOW,that's a lot of damage.

Wonder whether it's variable or necessary for Molten strike for single target in end game mapping.
In POB, the damage with 5 balls(with wildlife jewel only) is around 2/3 of the TS.I don't know whether the calculation is correct. So maybe only with 2~3 more balls from the helmet will it be similar damage.
So I will currently go with TS for now.
And also for a console player with so much lag, I think jugg may be better.
"
orcasdli_usa wrote:
WOW,that's a lot of damage.

Wonder whether it's variable or necessary for Molten strike for single target in end game mapping.
In POB, the damage with 5 balls(with wildlife jewel only) is around 2/3 of the TS.I don't know whether the calculation is correct. So maybe only with 2~3 more balls from the helmet will it be similar damage.
So I will currently go with TS for now.
And also for a console player with so much lag, I think jugg may be better.

yeah it is pretty surprising, I just hit maps at lvl 67, and I already have 165k dps in PoB (on lvl 67 bosses not shaper dps), with wrong sockets and terrible gear. The pob dps does assume you are keeping up everything, covered in ash, wave of conviction etc so its probably not that high over time, but it feels pretty good so far. Cant wait for some of the new support gems to level up so I can experiment with them :)
Last edited by dookleeto on Jun 10, 2019, 4:57:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info