[3.7] Crit Tectonic Slam Chieftain, Oni Goroshi SSF / League starter Passive Tree

"
So i m using your gem setup now and there s a clear improvement but mana is a struggle, most of it is reserved. 2-3 TS and i m oom, clarity isn’t really helping, am i missing something there ?

I have no issues with mana at this point. Some differences I noticed in our set-ups:

You have your Warlord's on CWDT where it may get into action (for the leech) less frequently. I have curse on hit (ring), which doesn't help if I'm one-shotting stuff, but should make a difference on tougher packs/bosses that survive the first hit. This is even more important with Wave. That will proc WM and usually won't one-shot things. So casting it by hand BEFORE hitting stuff will give you solid mana and life leech as well as the exposure benefit.

My mana regen looks higher than what I see on your gear...I'm around 100% increased.

I switched over to Consecrated Path, still with Goroshi and all the same set-up.
I did it for the defense, but it has another advantage that it costs 8 mana vs 10 for Tectonic Slam. And the fact that it doesn't suck endurance charges like TS makes the build much tankier.

I am able to run Ash, Purity, Blood & Sand, and Flesh & Stone. I have the 3 big ones on Enlighten 3 so I have 129 of 616 mana free and mana is not a problem. Definitely don't need a bigger pool.

On jewels, you could add crit multi, attack speed and/or phys damage to your search list.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 4, 2019, 7:40:39 AM
Just a quick follow up to say that, although I have not spent much on gear or optimized my set-up, I can already tell that it's the nicest build I've done. Especially with Consecrated Path swapped in for Tectonic Slam, it's insanely tanky, and I am cleaning up Syndicate forts and incursions in seconds without having to worry about dying.

Comparing CP with TS, TS has much more area if you max that out for clear, but CP can easily one-shot most packs in one jump, and its range is good, so clear speed is still quite good. The close-in damage for rares and bossing is comparable between the two.

I think CP is probably better for legion because you can leap so fast and hit so hard that you can come close to freeing everything if it's an open area.

Overall the gear, gems and passives work just fine for both TS and CP. I'm sure there is a little optimization you could do for serious end game, but for mapping you should be able to swap the two back and forth to test them.
"
UchihaShisu wrote:
I also started with rake's build but changed it into oni goroshi. But when i compare our pob's there is a lot of damage difference so i figured maybe i can present my build as well.

https://pastebin.com/nvtAC4Fn , 7.85m Fully buffed unrealistic case
https://pastebin.com/TAuqSMfr , 4.79m shaper dps, realistic case

Can you tell me some points to improve my build even further?

Just starting to look at your build and I'm curious how Rage is working for you, since that's usually considered a Berserker thing. I assume you are only using for boss fights since it take 4 seconds to generate even 10 rage. (Unless you have some other generation mechanic that I missed!) But even on something like Shaper, are you finding you can keep up an average of 10 rage through most of the fight? It's obviously a lot of extra DPS is you can.

EDIT: Noticed you assume 2 power and frenzy charges in your DPS calcs. Also curious where those are coming from. Again, I'm just taking a quick look, but I only see 10% chance on block (4%) to generate a frenzy, and I didn't notice any way to generate power.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 4, 2019, 11:37:46 AM
"
Just a quick follow up to say that, although I have not spent much on gear or optimized my set-up, I can already tell that it's the nicest build I've done. Especially with Consecrated Path swapped in for Tectonic Slam, it's insanely tanky, and I am cleaning up Syndicate forts and incursions in seconds without having to worry about dying.

Comparing CP with TS, TS has much more area if you max that out for clear, but CP can easily one-shot most packs in one jump, and its range is good, so clear speed is still quite good. The close-in damage for rares and bossing is comparable between the two.

I think CP is probably better for legion because you can leap so fast and hit so hard that you can come close to freeing everything if it's an open area.

Overall the gear, gems and passives work just fine for both TS and CP. I'm sure there is a little optimization you could do for serious end game, but for mapping you should be able to swap the two back and forth to test them.

Yeah I wanted to try CP too, the only big difference I can think of is that you probably dont need the endurance charge generation from ascendancy, you could cover in ash instead or get the extra pen. I will probably level up CP to experiment with it a little.
Yup. The one charge from the tree seems fine with CP. I am definitely going Hinekora over Valako when I finally get the last darn lab trial. :-)
Hi!

First of all thank you very much for this guide! I chose it as my starter build for this league (bc. Oni-Goroshi sounded fun) and so far I'm having a blast! I'm fairly new and had never heard of Oni-Goroshi before so playing throuhg the story with it was fun!

I'm currently starting to do T12/T13 maps and I was wondering if you could take a look at my character. I'm currently dying more often than I think I should.

I'm wondering what I should improve next. Gear? Better flask setup? Better gem setup?

There are quite a few differences between the PoB you posted, Rake's build and the char in your profile. I'm having a hard time determining where to go from here. Using Kaom's Heart leaves me with a lot less room for gems so I don't know if the ones I'm using are the optimal setup.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/EYq1aTeM
or from my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mmux/characters?characterName=Boomcifer
Hey man, nice build, been trying it out and it's been smooth sailing, though i do have a couple of questions. The build I've been using has been pretty good, but I've been hit with a bit of a bump in the road in terms of survivability, especially with legion encounters. How would this build work with that? The other tree in the build with the health is what i'm currently using right now. Compared to that, it's less total HP but the acrobatics nodes give it more EHP with that extra layer of defense.

https://pastebin.com/Ttexf7Gd

Also in regards to hinekora vs valako, it doesn't feel like valako is really that impactful. I already have enough regen, the extra charge is alright i guess, and it feels like the more damage is that consistent. Whereas with hinekora, that 1% leech is really good for this build on hexproof mobs, the extra strength is a little extra boost to damage and life, and ash would be a more consistent multiplier on damage. I'll definitely make the switch tomorrow.

As for gear, i'm waiting on a potential cinderswallow urn. I managed to make a WM on hit ring in under 100 alts, but i haven't encountered any plaguemaw prophecies past 1 yet. I have a crappy free charged tec slam helm from a maraketh mob that too is waiting for a multimod to happen. Also i have been chancing every glorious plate that i've come across for the minimal chance of kaom's heart. Is there anything else that's feasible other than praying to the SSF gods?
Last edited by Sennacherib on Jul 5, 2019, 9:13:51 PM
"
mmux wrote:
Hi!

First of all thank you very much for this guide! I chose it as my starter build for this league (bc. Oni-Goroshi sounded fun) and so far I'm having a blast! I'm fairly new and had never heard of Oni-Goroshi before so playing throuhg the story with it was fun!

I'm currently starting to do T12/T13 maps and I was wondering if you could take a look at my character. I'm currently dying more often than I think I should.

I'm wondering what I should improve next. Gear? Better flask setup? Better gem setup?

There are quite a few differences between the PoB you posted, Rake's build and the char in your profile. I'm having a hard time determining where to go from here. Using Kaom's Heart leaves me with a lot less room for gems so I don't know if the ones I'm using are the optimal setup.

or from my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mmux/characters?characterName=Boomcifer

First thing I would try to do is get a t1/2 life roll on every gear piece if you can and sort out your flasks. You will want bleed removal, curse immunity, shock removal and if possible freeze removal. Her embrace makes us immune to freeze and ignite but there will be situations where you get frozen when the buff isn't up and you cant attack to remove the freeze while frozen obviously.

You only need 1 life flask, and it should be instant, or at least 50% instant. Your granite flask is pretty useless, a basalt would be better for defenses (make sure to roll chemists so you have at most 30/60 charges used so you can use it twice on bosses) I wouldn't personally use Kiara's, even though it seems to cover a lot of what we need, the 2 second duration and 40/60 charges used makes it pretty terrible imo.

"
Sennacherib wrote:
Hey man, nice build, been trying it out and it's been smooth sailing, though i do have a couple of questions. The build I've been using has been pretty good, but I've been hit with a bit of a bump in the road in terms of survivability, especially with legion encounters. How would this build work with that? The other tree in the build with the health is what i'm currently using right now. Compared to that, it's less total HP but the acrobatics nodes give it more EHP with that extra layer of defense.

https://pastebin.com/Ttexf7Gd

Also in regards to hinekora vs valako, it doesn't feel like valako is really that impactful. I already have enough regen, the extra charge is alright i guess, and it feels like the more damage is that consistent. Whereas with hinekora, that 1% leech is really good for this build on hexproof mobs, the extra strength is a little extra boost to damage and life, and ash would be a more consistent multiplier on damage. I'll definitely make the switch tomorrow.

As for gear, i'm waiting on a potential cinderswallow urn. I managed to make a WM on hit ring in under 100 alts, but i haven't encountered any plaguemaw prophecies past 1 yet. I have a crappy free charged tec slam helm from a maraketh mob that too is waiting for a multimod to happen. Also i have been chancing every glorious plate that i've come across for the minimal chance of kaom's heart. Is there anything else that's feasible other than praying to the SSF gods?

It's hard to make any recommendations for gear in SSF, as you are usually working with what you have and not a great deal of choice. I realise some of your gear choices are for damage, perhaps keep some tanky items so you have options. I cant really compare the legion rare mobs to other builds, as I only have time to play one character, but they have always felt pretty scary to me, my tactic is usually to move, attack, move, attack and wear them down slowly and safely, as standing still near 2 of them seems to be pretty rippy.

As for kaoms, you could set up your atlas to farm the card, which is in Volcano and Caldara maps, i too have been chancing like crazy with no luck so far.
"
dookleeto wrote:
"
mmux wrote:
Hi!

First thing I would try to do is get a t1/2 life roll on every gear piece if you can and sort out your flasks. You will want bleed removal, curse immunity, shock removal and if possible freeze removal. Her embrace makes us immune to freeze and ignite but there will be situations where you get frozen when the buff isn't up and you cant attack to remove the freeze while frozen obviously.

You only need 1 life flask, and it should be instant, or at least 50% instant. Your granite flask is pretty useless, a basalt would be better for defenses (make sure to roll chemists so you have at most 30/60 charges used so you can use it twice on bosses) I wouldn't personally use Kiara's, even though it seems to cover a lot of what we need, the 2 second duration and 40/60 charges used makes it pretty terrible imo.

Thank you for your tips! I spent some currency and made some adjustments. I'm running T10 Maps atm to level up and so far it's pretty smooth. I ran into trouble in T14 map but it might have just been the map mods.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer questions!
Last edited by mmux on Jul 9, 2019, 5:37:05 PM
Hello I would like to know If you made some upgrades? Last update was a month Ago.

edit: How about auras? I have checked and you are not using a single one.
Which build should I follow? I'm still lvl 40, so I go for V3 DPS or leveling one?

edit2: I really should level CWDT, Immortall Call and Wave of Conviction as you said? Rake's build let them on lvl 1.
Last edited by Vmitsu on Jul 9, 2019, 11:40:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info