3.7| Stress Free PoE - HALLELUJAH FIRE |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
argenex wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hey argenex,

I'm glad you like the guide! Sorry the leveling sucks. I like Sunder and Tectonic Slam. Did you try either of those? Most RF builds will be slow to level if you don't plan on respec'ing. Most of my tree is life. You could do one of two things if this isn't your first character in the league: Get a few damage nodes on the tree for the skill you want to level with and then respec out of it later or load up on cheap uniques that give life regen.

I appreciate the thanks and your honesty. Let me know if that doesn't help or if you have any follow up questions.
That did the trick! Tectonic Slam was very easy to get jacked up to 1600 tooltip dps right away, and I was able to help the totem kill things effectively.

I've switched to RF at 41 after doing the first Lab, and with the right uniques and life regen on rares, I'm able to sustain just fine and gain health.

Yay! Off I go to get to maps. Thank you!
Awesome! I'm glad it worked. RF is always a tricky one to level and I get questions on it often. So the more people actually ask, the more those that don't ask will learn. Thanks for the post! Have fun! (I love Tectonic Slam.)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Still really loving this build!
Into T8 maps now and the resiliency of the build is great!

Currently 2 ascendancy trials away from being able to do the 4th lab (for my first time ever), so that is the current goal.

Will try and post current gear in the spoiler below, I'd be interested in opinions on current weakest links. My playstyle is very much goal oriented, so if I can target what needs upgrading the most (and to what), it helps :)

Spoiler

One question in addition, what order should skill gems being upgraded to 20% quality?
Last edited by shirt10 on Jul 5, 2019, 4:01:18 PM
"
shirt10 wrote:
Still really loving this build!
Into T8 maps now and the resiliency of the build is great!

Currently 2 ascendancy trials away from being able to do the 4th lab (for my first time ever), so that is the current goal.

Will try and post current gear in the spoiler below, I'd be interested in opinions on current weakest links. My playstyle is very much goal oriented, so if I can target what needs upgrading the most (and to what), it helps :)

Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

One question in addition, what order should skill gems being upgraded to 20% quality?
Glad to hear it! I enjoy it too. Good luck with the 4th lab when you get there.

You gems should be 20%'d in any order you want. I use the Vendor recipe that only costs one GCP. It resets my gems to level 1, but then I'm only using 1 GCP per gem instead of 20. I get so excited for my gems to hit level 20 that the second I see they've reached the max level, I'm trading it in for the 20% version. I'm personally fine going down a few map tiers as my gems re-level.

In regards to your weakest links, I'd start finding a replacement for your boots and gloves. With both you want 75+ health and Cold and Lightning Resists. And Movement Speed on boots of course. Take what you can get, but look at life rolls in "25's". 50 is low. You can be satisfied with life roll around 75...but you're aiming for 100+ on every item that can roll life. They all aren't going to drop in T8 maps, but you know what I mean.

Does that help? It looks like you're doing a solid job! I obviously love the shield :). Thanks again for the compliment.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hi there Wrecker_of_Days,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you so very much for your build guides. I'm having a great time with my RF boy here and pretty much waltzing through all the content. I followed the advice in one of the early posts and picked up some of the levelling uniques (which were SUPER cheap even for a fresh league starter!) and have been sustaining RF since level 35. I'm one trial away from my Uber Lab run and I can't wait. The last few leagues I've been playing Enki's Arc Witch (and seriously HUGE props to Enki for his guide and all the help he's provided! I've learned so much that I've been able to apply playing my RF Maurauder!) and the change in survivability has been.. um... dramatic.

The best part though is that my husband, who generally gets frustrated with playing PoE decided to try out your minion build after seeing how much fun I was having with my Maurauder. (He's always loved the minion witch but has never had good luck with his own builds and he hates following guides :) ) The fact that you leave so much open and leave room to experiment or change things based on personal preference has been huge for him and I've been loving watching him actually enjoy PoE.

So thank you - your efforts are appreciated and I'm definitely looking forward to the Block Happy and Dodge Happy guides next league.
"
Quixoticcat wrote:
Hi there Wrecker_of_Days,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you so very much for your build guides. I'm having a great time with my RF boy here and pretty much waltzing through all the content. I followed the advice in one of the early posts and picked up some of the levelling uniques (which were SUPER cheap even for a fresh league starter!) and have been sustaining RF since level 35. I'm one trial away from my Uber Lab run and I can't wait. The last few leagues I've been playing Enki's Arc Witch (and seriously HUGE props to Enki for his guide and all the help he's provided! I've learned so much that I've been able to apply playing my RF Maurauder!) and the change in survivability has been.. um... dramatic.

The best part though is that my husband, who generally gets frustrated with playing PoE decided to try out your minion build after seeing how much fun I was having with my Maurauder. (He's always loved the minion witch but has never had good luck with his own builds and he hates following guides :) ) The fact that you leave so much open and leave room to experiment or change things based on personal preference has been huge for him and I've been loving watching him actually enjoy PoE.

So thank you - your efforts are appreciated and I'm definitely looking forward to the Block Happy and Dodge Happy guides next league.
Hey Quixoticcat,

Thank you for taking the time to be so thoughtful. I appreciate the encouragement and compliments :). I'm glad you're both enjoying the builds and appreciate the freedom they provide. Tell your husband he's welcome to ask me anything he likes. He can PM me if he's not into posting, though many people who are too shy to post learn lots from others asking questions on the thread. Again thank you.

I think I've come up with a system (with my personal life) that'll let me have 6 guides, one for each day of the week along with a good old fashion Sabbath. Together they'll have all the mechanics of PoE that really interest me along with some highly requested stuff too.

Obviously this can change but I'm thinking:
1. Slow Mo Zombies
2. Holy RF
3. Curse Happy Vortex
4. Triggy Happy (A Gladiator that blocks lots :). I was testing with Cyclone but I've recently settled with Tectonic Slam.)
5. Elemental Hit Crit (working on that name) (A Scion that uses Elemental Hit with a bow.
6. Dodge Happy (A Raider that just dodges and phases lots.)
You didn't ask for any of this, but there it is :).

It's always awesome when you see your spouse start to really love something that you've always really liked. Are you two playing together this league? Or are you waiting for him in the middle of the Atlas ;)?

Thanks again for your kind words.

PS - Sweet Alpha badges.

Annnnnd

"
Hey Quixoticcat,

Thank you for taking the time to be so thoughtful. I appreciate the encouragement and compliments :). I'm glad you're both enjoying the builds and appreciate the freedom they provide. Tell your husband he's welcome to ask me anything he likes. He can PM me if he's not into posting, though many people who are too shy to post learn lots from others asking questions on the thread. Again thank you.

I think I've come up with a system (with my personal life) that'll let me have 6 guides, one for each day of the week along with a good old fashion Sabbath. Together they'll have all the mechanics of PoE that really interest me along with some highly requested stuff too.

Obviously this can change but I'm thinking:
1. Slow Mo Zombies
2. Holy RF
3. Curse Happy Vortex
4. Triggy Happy (A Gladiator that blocks lots :). I was testing with Cyclone but I've recently settled with Tectonic Slam.)
5. Elemental Hit Crit (working on that name) (A Scion that uses Elemental Hit with a bow.
6. Dodge Happy (A Raider that just dodges and phases lots.)
You didn't ask for any of this, but there it is :).

It's always awesome when you see your spouse start to really love something that you've always really liked. Are you two playing together this league? Or are you waiting for him in the middle of the Atlas ;)?

Thanks again for your kind words.

PS - Sweet Alpha badges.

Hi Wrecker_of_Days -

Thank you for your response :) I've passed on to my husband that he's welcome to reach out if he has questions. He's been reading the minion thread and learning (as I've been doing with this one!) and so far still seems to be having a great time. He's just finished his third Lab and is almost done with Act 9. He started well after me, so I'm a chunk of the way through the Atlas. The benefit (for him) is that means I have a nice stockpile of maps for him and hopefully can take him to see Atziri and the Elder once he's ready.

We met via an MMORPG so gaming together is definitely a Thing We Do but I'm really happy he's found his fun here.

Loving the ideas for the upcoming guides. I might not have asked but I'm excited to hear about them (and trying them out!) and so I'm glad you shared! Every league I learn a bit more about the game and its mechanics so I look forward to what they'll teach me.
How are you all doing with monoliths and/or generals?

I struggle to kill the generals due to lack of damage (still only lvl 60ish) so maybe need to level more?
hello , whats ur nick ingame? i just tried ur build and hit 55. i was using all the cheap unique to hit 55 and start to swap out the rings and necks. so what we aim for is +life and resist right? thanks~
After the gear advice the other day I have been shopping a couple of times :)
Last night I got some new gear and have jumped from T8 maps to T11-12 maps.

Just now I grabbed a new helm and I think I need some advice on.

This is my current helm

I just picked up both of these, one for 1 chaos and the other for 2 chaos (I forget which was which!).

Obviously the main addition here is the Immolate suffix.
First off, I presume I can now drop Immolate from my helm gem set-up, what would you recommend replacing it with?

Second, which new helm would you recommend? (presuming I can fix the sockets)
The lvl 20 Immolate has slightly lower Max life, but does have lightning resist
The lvl 18 Immolate has better Max life, but I don't need cold resist
Both can have another prefix added on at the craft bench.

"
Yang86 wrote:
hello , whats ur nick ingame? i just tried ur build and hit 55. i was using all the cheap unique to hit 55 and start to swap out the rings and necks. so what we aim for is +life and resist right? thanks~
Hey Yang86,

Ya, if you're following the guide's tree, the basics you're looking for are:
- Maximum life
- Cold and Lightning Resists (you can ignore Fire Resist)
- Movement Speed (Typically on Boots)
- Life Regen (Either a flat # or %)
- Also ensure you have high enough attributes for your skills

On PC I'm Wrecker_of_Days but I barely play PC. I'll play when my buddies are playing, but when they burn out (which I don't ever seem to do with PoE) I switch to Xbox. Since I started all my guides with my PC account I'll likely stick to posting with my PC account. But if you want to view my characters, they're primarily on console: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/Wrecker+of+Days/characters. My RF character is Fire Regen.

How on earth have I not added these to my guides for people. Yikes. I'll do that right now.

Thanks for the post.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info