3.7| Stress Free PoE - HALLELUJAH FIRE |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Icehart wrote:
Hi Wrecker. Love this build and the simple design, which helps with my physical shortcomings. First thank you, for all the time and effort you put in on the many builds. Do not know where you find the time. Just reached 84 and it is working great, but. I am having trouble and do not know why. I do not think it is the build, but my own problems which I cannot identify. I am following the build exactly in all areas. I understand that at times everyone runs into a one shotter. I do white map tier 5 with little problems. White tier 6 close. Blue tier 4 I am likely to get killed. Blue tier 5 I will get killed at least a couple times. Blue tier 6 too tough. I tried a yellow 4 and got my butt handed to me. This is not the rare one shot mob, it is several singles and packs. They kill me fast with no chance to do anything. At level 84, shouldn't I be able to do higher maps than the above, or even the ones listed above? The ones I am getting killed in would be about 30% of the map. When I am not being killed, the build works like a charm. I am unable to survive at all when trying to do the Syndicate entrance within the maps or the one where we get 3 instances to climb the temple within the maps. If I try I just die fast. I have studied and read this build multiple times, and compared it to me. I am finding no errors. The build is so simple I do not see how anyone can die using this build, outside of those rare one shots. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Please help. Thanks again for this and other builds.

There are some things you could optimise with your equipment.

First of all, Wurm's Molt doesn't do you much good. You do very little physical damage, so the leech will be negligible.

The Amethyst Ring does essentially nothing that is useful. If you're short Int, then respec the three AoE points, and maybe the topmost Endurance ones to five of the 10xInt nodes you still have to take.

The Infernal Mantle might seem like a good choice for this build, but I don't think it is. The ES will burn off more or less immediately, and you don't have ES regen to keep it up. If you use both aura's, you will be on low mana, and take 100% extra damage from spells.
In essence, you get 35% fire damage, +1 to the level on two gems which don't actually benefit much from it, take a lot of extra damage, and that's it.

You may want to replace the shield with Saffell's Frame. You loose the block and 1% maximum fire resist, but get higher max resist for lightning and cold, and 20% spell block.

In general, you have WAY too much fire resistance on your gear. Those could be filled with something more useful. I have no fire resistance at all on mine, and is still at max. The 100% from the ascendancy, 40% from Purity of Fire and what you get from the tree is enough.

Hope this provide a bit of help :-)
"
Cyzax wrote:
Spoiler
"
Icehart wrote:
Hi Wrecker. Love this build and the simple design, which helps with my physical shortcomings. First thank you, for all the time and effort you put in on the many builds. Do not know where you find the time. Just reached 84 and it is working great, but. I am having trouble and do not know why. I do not think it is the build, but my own problems which I cannot identify. I am following the build exactly in all areas. I understand that at times everyone runs into a one shotter. I do white map tier 5 with little problems. White tier 6 close. Blue tier 4 I am likely to get killed. Blue tier 5 I will get killed at least a couple times. Blue tier 6 too tough. I tried a yellow 4 and got my butt handed to me. This is not the rare one shot mob, it is several singles and packs. They kill me fast with no chance to do anything. At level 84, shouldn't I be able to do higher maps than the above, or even the ones listed above? The ones I am getting killed in would be about 30% of the map. When I am not being killed, the build works like a charm. I am unable to survive at all when trying to do the Syndicate entrance within the maps or the one where we get 3 instances to climb the temple within the maps. If I try I just die fast. I have studied and read this build multiple times, and compared it to me. I am finding no errors. The build is so simple I do not see how anyone can die using this build, outside of those rare one shots. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Please help. Thanks again for this and other builds.

There are some things you could optimise with your equipment.

First of all, Wurm's Molt doesn't do you much good. You do very little physical damage, so the leech will be negligible.

The Amethyst Ring does essentially nothing that is useful. If you're short Int, then respec the three AoE points, and maybe the topmost Endurance ones to five of the 10xInt nodes you still have to take.

The Infernal Mantle might seem like a good choice for this build, but I don't think it is. The ES will burn off more or less immediately, and you don't have ES regen to keep it up. If you use both aura's, you will be on low mana, and take 100% extra damage from spells.
In essence, you get 35% fire damage, +1 to the level on two gems which don't actually benefit much from it, take a lot of extra damage, and that's it.

You may want to replace the shield with Saffell's Frame. You loose the block and 1% maximum fire resist, but get higher max resist for lightning and cold, and 20% spell block.

In general, you have WAY too much fire resistance on your gear. Those could be filled with something more useful. I have no fire resistance at all on mine, and is still at max. The 100% from the ascendancy, 40% from Purity of Fire and what you get from the tree is enough.

Hope this provide a bit of help :-)
Hey Icehart,

Thanks for the really kind words. I'm sorry for your frustrations though, let's see what we can do. Cyzax brought up a good point on a couple of items, you definitely want health on everything that isn't a weapon. 75+. You did a good job crafting life on some gear for sure, and shouldn't be an issue in the maps you're trying. (I like the Pheonix shield personally.) But as you get into higher tier maps, you'll want your life rolls to be 75+. I wouldn't worry about that yet though. Look at your gear with less than 50 (or no) life. Find some options that can work that have life. You may need to grind it out to solve that solution.

You're not capped in Lightning Resists, so if you're getting shocked, you'll take a lot more damage even though it's only 7%.

I'd make sure that all your life flasks are either Divine or Eternal. They give the most life per swig. If your Hallow flask is the first flask you hit, you're not getting much help.

I can't really see much else though. Your setup is really good. Your gems are all high, most have quality, you haven't forgotten about health when crafting...So don't be discouraged with your gear. That's the name of the game, always improving your stuff. I assume you're always making sure Fortify is up ya?

See what you can do. It's hard when resources are tight. Keep in mind, if you look at my videos and compare them to yours, I have 7000 health. So that allows me to have two big shots in quick succession without dying. 4500 (though it seems like a lot) is enough for one big shot and then die right away from a little hit. RF is tricky like that.

If resources are really tight for you, just change your flasks. I bet that'll be a huge difference.

Let us know how it works out! Thanks for asking for help. Great job so far!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Fuzzynuts777 wrote:
This is what I wound up with for the legion league at level 92. Fun build may use it next league.
Spoiler
Hey Fuzzynuts777,

Great job getting to 92! That's some sweet gear! Nice, high life rolls. Good idea adding Portal in the extra gem slot. Thanks for posting! I like seeing what people have done.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
That's a really nice setup! Looks great! How come you were having trouble running both auras? Was it a mana regen thing? It doesn't look like you went off the guide with gems.

It didn't regen fast enough for my liking when both were turned on... I like to know that I always have enough mana to 'get out of Dodge' if things turn hairy :-p

I'd like to replace the helmet too, but I can't quite find anything good enough to replace it with. The csat speed, movement bonus and mana regen is hard to find a good replacement for...
Thinking about The Brine Crown as an option...
I hear you with the mana.

The Brine Crown would be cool but Chilled Ground would chill you too. Do you find you're stationary enough for the mana regen? For the most part, I only cast HFT when I'm already in combat so mana leech mods aren't bad either...I use Cyclone though. But health would be nice there hey?

Annnnnd

"

The Brine Crown would be cool but Chilled Ground would chill you too. Do you find you're stationary enough for the mana regen? For the most part, I only cast HFT when I'm already in combat so mana leech mods aren't bad either...I use Cyclone though. But health would be nice there hey?

I use Consecrated Path, so quite often with bosses and high-life rares I stand still a lot. I'm not so concerned about the mana regen when standing still as the rings take care of that, but I like the +1500 armour. Other than that, it has life, cold res and more importantly the cannot be frozen. I didn't think that chills you create affect yourself?
Another alternative is a good shaper/elder rare with burning and life, but I've yet to find one in trade that'll actually improve my build.
Last edited by Cyzax on Aug 21, 2019, 3:27:07 PM
"
Cyzax wrote:
Spoiler
"

I use Consecrated Path, so quite often with bosses and high-life rares I stand still a lot. I'm not so concerned about the mana regen when standing still as the rings take care of that, but I like the +1500 armour. Other than that, it has life, cold res and more importantly the cannot be frozen. I didn't think that chills you create affect yourself?
Another alternative is a good shaper/elder rare with burning and life, but I've yet to find one in trade that'll actually improve my build.
I know when it comes to skills, it doesn't effect you. But when it comes to items, I'm not sure. For example, there's the Matua Tupuna shield. I love slowing enemies and I would use the shield all the time...except the tar that it spreads impacts everyone including yourself, not just your enemies. So in regards to the Brine Crown, you have to test it out. But I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Though, if you have the ability to craft "24% movement speed and can't be chilled", it's a non-issue.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 21, 2019, 5:11:38 PM
Just an update for those curious, I don't really see any changes coming to this build for 3.8. It'll likely stay the same as long as the passive tree changes don't increase how many travel nodes we need too much.

Annnnnd

Upgrade... Probably my last this league :-)
"
Cyzax wrote:
Upgrade... Probably my last this league :-)
Good looking upgrade!

Annnnnd

I made a new RF just to try it for the end of league have to admit once you get arakalli in pantheon it smooths out considerably

Spent 60 chaos total for all the gear on Marauding_Shugo he's at level 70 atm and just runs through mobs without pause atm bosses are a breeze too

Hopefully will get time to try out some maps and see it before league finale
~ If it moves, kill it ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info