Cyclone

Cyclone is clunky. Losing control of your character by using an offensive ability == did it wrong. Get rid of it or make it what EVERYONE (yes even those that defend it) thought it would be when they first used it. I'm not saying it's not strong. I'm saying it's awkward to use, and by awkward I mean that it's not what anyone expected the first time that they used it; be it 1 day or 2 years ago. If you say it worked like you expected it to work and you also played any other ARPG in your life, you are lying; even if you have grown to enjoy it.
"
onnymaru wrote:

anyway, i'm running cyclone on 6S 5L kaom primacy with FA + BM + LL + IR, my dps is about 4K-5K on a LV 76 Marauder.

do you have some tips to increase my DPS.?

Yeah. Use DpS support gems if you want DpS. ;)
4k-5k DpS is super low for lvl76.
Drop LL and IR, use Melee Physical damage and added fire damage.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Velgrim wrote:
I'm saying it's awkward to use, and by awkward I mean that it's not what anyone expected the first time that they used it; be it 1 day or 2 years ago. If you say it worked like you expected it to work and you also played any other ARPG in your life, you are lying; even if you have grown to enjoy it.

You never played Diablo II, or what. GGG took a lot of inspiration from Diablo II, what with it being far and away the most played ARPG, and unsurprisingly Cyclone is almost an exact copy of D2's Whirlwind.
I've been told that movespeed now overall reduces your total damage output since 2.0.

I can't find any mechanical changes to Cyclone in the patch notes though. Could someone explain to me how Cyclone now interacts with movespeed?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Im sure its been explained somewhere but can someone explain why a rock, a barrel, a lockbox, or some sticks on the ground can stop cyclone but stuns knockbacks and 20 ft monsters etc dont stop cyclone?
Because it's literally magic but you still have to walk with it.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
onnymaru wrote:

anyway, i'm running cyclone on 6S 5L kaom primacy with FA + BM + LL + IR, my dps is about 4K-5K on a LV 76 Marauder.

No it's not. I was facerolling 68 lvl maps with ~3.5k DPS. Now at ~5k DPS it's a ridiculous faceroll in 69 lvl maps. I'm using IIR gem as my 4th support in my 5L. One of the supports is Fortify. Only AFD and MPD are the "true DPS supports" in my setup. And I'm still facerolling. If I didn't, I'd put CE and/or FA in there.

Onnymaru should also drop BM and invest in mana a bit, Cyclone is fully sustainable in 5L like that.
Also get Hatred and/or Herald of Ash.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
onnymaru wrote:

No it's not. I was facerolling 68 lvl maps with ~3.5k DPS. Now at ~5k DPS it's a ridiculous faceroll in 69 lvl maps. I'm using IIR gem as my 4th support in my 5L. One of the supports is Fortify. Only AFD and MPD are the "true DPS supports" in my setup. And I'm still facerolling. If I didn't, I'd put CE and/or FA in there.

Onnymaru should also drop BM and invest in mana a bit, Cyclone is fully sustainable in 5L like that.
Also get Hatred and/or Herald of Ash.

thx for the advice guys, really appreciate it..

i dont invest much to my marauder in mana nodes, so i mainly used mana for hatred, ash, and ice armor, also i linked cwdt + molten shell + chaos golem for added protection.

anyway, i recently changed my Phys to Lightning to Concentrated Effect, and DPS rise from 4,7k to 5,5k. i think i'll stuck to that for the moment.

[edited] with hatred and ash online, DPS rise to 8.2k
Last edited by onnymaru on Jul 20, 2015, 11:58:13 PM
"
gilrad wrote:
I've been told that movespeed now overall reduces your total damage output since 2.0.

I can't find any mechanical changes to Cyclone in the patch notes though. Could someone explain to me how Cyclone now interacts with movespeed?

the only thing movespeed does is make to so you finish your cyclone quicker
cyclone does periodical damage at wich it always does damage at the start. (period scales with attackspeed)

so the result of movement speed is that you will break the damage of cycle more often
and start new ones more often. resulting in more damage.

allot of movement speed and small cyclones can make you do allot of damage
because you start hitting allot more then your attack speed implies
I have this question about possible visual bug:

- cyclone mapped to my right mouse button
- While spinning (holding right mouse button), I cannot see status bar of a target under the cursor (~boss), it just simply does not appear. I mean the HP status in the upper section of the screen, with attached mob mods underneath (~resistances, affixes etc.)
- It reappears once releasing the right mouse button.

Is this a bug, a feature, or what is it? It feels like a bug to me, but I did not find it in known issues so I rather as here. I have to "telegraph" the right button to see that bar (to check rare affixes for example - is it going to explode after death?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info