Cyclone

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:
So the description "hits twice per spin", the spin doesn't mean the duration of the skill?
No, it means two hits each time your character spins around fully (360 degrees), which happens at your attack speed, for reference, regardless of how far you travel.

I got another and hopefully final question on this topic:

What happens damagewise if you cast Cyclone again before a full spin is completed?

From what I understand now:

1. You "cast" Cyclone. At this point you do damage once.
2. When you manage to do a full 360 degrees rotation, you will do damage twice. The time it takes to do this rotation depends on your attack speed.
---------------

However imagine that your attack speed is 0.50 attacks per second (so that each full rotation takes 2 seconds) and that you start a new Cyclone at the 3.5 seconds mark.

Which of following cases, A or B, is correct in theory?

********A**********
0 s: You "cast" first cyclone. You do damage once at this point.
2 s: You finish your first full rotation (360 degrees). You do damage twice at this point.
3.5 s: You "cast" second cyclone. You do damage once at this pont. At this point you only reached 270 degrees of 2nd rotation.
4 s: You finish your second full rotation (360 degrees). You do damage twice at this point.

********B**********
0 s: You "cast" first cyclone. You do damage once at this point.
2 s: You finish your first full rotation (360 degrees). You do damage twice at this point.
3.5 s: You "cast" second cyclone. You do damage once at this pont. The second rotation is restarted from 0 degrees.
5.5 s: You finish your second full rotation (360 degrees). You do damage twice at this point.
-------------------------------------------

The reason for why I ask is because animation-wise inside the beta servers (haven't tested in live servers), it looks like if you start a second cyclone it will not interrupt the "rotation" by restarting the rotation from scratch, but instead it will smoothly continue the rotation so that the animation looks smooth. However, that doesn't mean that the damage works in same manner.

Edit: Seems like it was an optical illusion before. With very low attack speed (with facebreakers) and temporal chains it is easy to see.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on May 15, 2015, 5:18:17 AM
Will name locking be re-enabled when lockstep is implemented?
Still sane exile?
Why multistrike gem doesn't work with cyclone? isn't meele?
"
Rajunah wrote:
Why multistrike gem doesn't work with cyclone? isn't meele?

Because it is a movement skill. To be honest, i believe the game shouldnt allow to repeat any movement skills at all. That just makes no sense. Movement skill is supposed to move you from point A into point B, there is no way it should be "repeated".
Some time ago, Multistrike worked for Cyclone, but it interacted very "wierd". Gladly, GGG fixed it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I would like to suggest a big improvement to Cyclone. Right now when hitting a wall Cyclone stops. There are cases where you cant even hit enemies because they are in a corner and Cyclone just can not be done at all.

My suggestion is : If movement is blocked spin in place if Cyclone is executed ( key pressed ) - same for walls - if someone cyclones against a wall dont stop it and often not even allow to do it again but instead just make it cyclone in place.

( Another example where this would be a huge improvement to Cyclone : Strongboxes and Shrines - Cyclone often gets stuck on the box / shrine itself not able to spin anymore. )
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on May 20, 2015, 12:58:48 PM
"
AdFinitum wrote:
I would like to suggest a big improvement to Cyclone. Right now when hitting a wall Cyclone stops. There are cases where you cant even hit enemies because they are in a corner and Cyclone just can not be done at all.

My suggestion is : If movement is blocked spin in place if Cyclone is executed ( key pressed ) - same for walls - if someone cyclones against a wall dont stop it and often not even allow to do it again but instead just make it cyclone in place.

( Another example where this would be a huge improvement to Cyclone : Strongboxes and Shrines - Cyclone often gets stuck on the box / shrine itself not able to spin anymore. )

Well, GGG should probably implement another "category" of skills - "Chanelling" skills, which will be "executed" as long as you hold button down. ATM, skills, that could fall upon this category (like Incinerate or Flameblast), use "low-cast time spam" method instead. Cyclone also could be done as "chanelling" skill, with behavior, similar to Whirlwind is Diablo3. That implementation would make Cyclone much more consistent skill to use.
ATM, Cyclone is implemented as "movement" skill, with intention to move you from your point into "point A" you clicked upon. DPS is just a "side effect" there, so dont expecttoo much from it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Moving from point A to point B, while there`s a little rock betwen point A and B:
- the character moves from point A to point B around the rock

Cycloning from point A to point B, while there`s a little rock betwen point A and B:
- the character gets blocked at the rock stopping cyclone.

Now add some monsters to the picture, add some darkness along with the not so neat graphics, than top it with an array of flamboyant white, red, yellow, green exploding, shells, novas, poisons and other magnificent lag generating grapichs and u get the picture.

This is an issue expecially in later areas while some areas have no such problems so is not my fault for not owning a ultra platinum gigacore golden edition computer with 999k bits premium windows. It`s just lacking consistency mechanicswise while abusing cheap flamboyant graphic effects.

I`m really not apreciating this game for the grapichs but for the ideas and the gameplay.
With lockstep implemented in game, is it possible for cyclone to lock on target like it did before? I would love to use cyclone again if this happens.
Permanent Hardcore only.
"
Rafurion wrote:
With lockstep implemented in game, is it possible for cyclone to lock on target like it did before? I would love to use cyclone again if this happens.

no and this should never happen.

i don't want to get stuck cylconing across the entire room stuck in animation because the mob i target decided to teleport right in the middle of a deathtrap.

these kind of things used to happen as well and had nothing to do with dsync.

the fact that you can't fully control where you go anymore.
or the fact that i wil always cylone to the far end of a mob to guarantee i can't just stop my cyclone to run when Malachai does his slam.
no thank you

i rather move my mouse from time to time then let the game decide for me where i should go thank you very much.
"

no and this should never happen.

i don't want to get stuck cylconing across the entire room stuck in animation because the mob i target decided to teleport right in the middle of a deathtrap.

these kind of things used to happen as well and had nothing to do with dsync.

the fact that you can't fully control where you go anymore.
or the fact that i wil always cylone to the far end of a mob to guarantee i can't just stop my cyclone to run when Malachai does his slam.
no thank you

i rather move my mouse from time to time then let the game decide for me where i should go thank you very much.

hi, im'm new to this game, and starting to like to "cycloning" mobs with my 2H marauder and templar.

and also, i'm agree with you, that the way cyclone moving now is suited to mya gameplay, some time i have to jump away from hard situation, which i think that won't be done if cyclone is target oriented.

anyway, i'm running cyclone on 6S 5L kaom primacy with FA + BM + LL + IR, my dps is about 4K-5K on a LV 76 Marauder.

do you have some tips to increase my DPS.?

also i just right click on my mouse to start cycloning anything, and don't bother to re-click again in xx second or so, does that have to do anything with damage that cyclone deals.?

thx in advance for your reply, and sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by onnymaru on Jul 17, 2015, 4:29:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info