Cyclone

1.3.0 "Cyclone no longer targets enemies"

This update cause hundreds of death. It's an Attack skill but you can only attack ground with it.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Cyclone is good as is, but, do away with the cap on how many targets it can hit. It's really annoying to take twice as long on a pack because cyclone can only hit half of it, or you can't culling effectively with it coz it can't hit all, or you can't kill the damn vaal aura totem/monster that makes the others immune because the game doesn't like that to be a preferred target, etc.

Please remove target cap or increase it a lot.

yeah its annoying that quite often the Totem seems to be targeted last, for what ever reason

if you play a 2h rt cycloner, you want consistent dmg
Cyclone is, for my part, my favorite melee attack. I'm using it since it was introduced and I'm enyoing it very much. But, the skill feels too weak, compared to some other attacks. Please make it stronger, either in the previously described ways or by increasing the damage of it.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
With the upcoming introduction to a feature known as deterministic lockstep mode in the next expansion known as "The Awakening", is it possible for cyclone to go back to its former state?

Cyclone's former state used to be homing after you target a monster. Currently, cyclone is no longer homing anymore. I would like to see cyclone as a homing skill again.

If deterministic lockstep is turned on and cyclone changed back to the way it was before, the old cyclone shouldn't be able to cause desync issues anymore right?

It would be great if I can get some feedback from GGG on this.

Permanent Hardcore only.
The fan part about cyclone was the fast attack speed. It was a reason alone to play PoE.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Lockstep hypeeeeeeeeeeee
"
aleksandor wrote:
Gotta say, Just tried to play a Cyclone character today.

Cyclone feels so much worse than D3's Cyclone. Holding down the button to continue Cycloning is absurdly more simple and fun than clicking a location to cyclone to.

that exactly how I play cyclone in PoE, hold down right mouse button and spin through maps :-D
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:
So the description "hits twice per spin", the spin doesn't mean the duration of the skill?
No, it means two hits each time your character spins around fully (360 degrees), which happens at your attack speed, for reference, regardless of how far you travel.

Is the minimum distance you got to travel set so that you always at least do a 360 degree spin before being able to start a new cyclone cast?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Not technically, but you'd have to have quite slow attack speed/high movement speed to not manage it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Not technically, but you'd have to have quite slow attack speed/high movement speed to not manage it.

Okay, thank you. Reason I asked was to be able to do a fair estimation of actual dps I am able to achieve when one forces a new cyclone "cast" by clicking close to your original position in the closed beta ^^.

That said, I just remembered that one can do a dps check by simply doing a high level boss since the poe database already tells us its resistances and life values.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info