Here’s an early look at the Berserker Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Legion!

"
herflik wrote:
All fine and dandy, but everybody forget about the super long ramp-up. Around 15sec of constant fighting to get max rage from 0. That is way to long. To get 20 blitz charges with the ramping -200% crit chance it will also take some time (and they last only 5sec, thats like nothing).

It will be way to slow for our gameplay (or it promote speed meta way to much, to lower the wait between packs as much as possible).

Rage should be generated at lest 2 times faster than they plan it now.
The blitz charge effects should be squished into 10 charges instead of 20 and the duration increased to standard 10 sec.

You will see how annoying those mechanics will be in game if you wont spec into super rapid moving rocketmen to not lose all those bonuses between packs/bosses.

Oh, didn't really think about that, thanks for pointing out the ramp-up time.

But on the other hand, the losing of rage is kinda slow also, so it might not be that bad. Like once u got 50, it would take 25 seconds to lose it all. So... one will probably be able to keep like 40+ all the time with fast enough build.

Btw, got any ideas on how to mitigate the life loss ? Is there even anything that will mitigate the 5% ? Or do I just have to go heavy on life leech boosts ?
Last edited by Flisker_2 on Jun 2, 2019, 4:38:03 AM
Right, the rage will be suistanable at high values after the initial ramp up.
Though the pigeonhole will be at the 20 blitz charges, since they require heavy investment into crit chance (really heavy, since they give +130% crit chance, but reduce on end -200%) and last only 5sec, after that they will all expire unlike rage.

5% life regen sems not to much, though people also forget that most of them will run with bloodrage with degen another few % (with can be mitigated on the other hand), but if you add those two degens up it starts to be bit much.

You can either do what most probably will do, so just counter it with heavy life leech during combat.
Outside of combat you can invest in some x% hp regen nodes on tree, usualy one of those nodes gives like 0,5% to 1% regen, so you need to waste like 7-8 skill points (+points to get to them) in order to counter the rage mechanics completly.

If you heavly spec into life regen you can even go up to like 50% life regen per sec (not kidding) though it require endurace charges, and there is no good way(non-annoying way) to do it in this ascendency, you just need to spam endurance cry.

Personaly I dont know if I would go for the "triple rage effect" or it is better to go for the "40% more dmg" node. 40% more dmg scale everything up, so I think in totall it will give way more bonuses than the "triple rage effect" and it wont have the degen downside. More damage taken can be countered, since it is mitigated by your defences.
Last edited by herflik on Jun 2, 2019, 4:52:15 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I should also point out that there is a missing reminder text on the Blitz node that wasn't finished in time to be captured here, stating that Blitz charges have a base duration of 5 seconds (as opposed to 10, which is the standard base charge duration).

With all due respect, but "reminder" refers to something already known, while information about 50% less duration of new blitz charges is new and should be noticeable part of "Blitz" notable - the same way as "+20 to maximum blitz charges" is.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
a dead zerker does no damage...looks a glass cannon in the making...if ppl has issue with carnage already..whats the point walking down this path...zerker issue is now on the defense side...the leech mechanic rendering big dps leeching a joke..the nerf on IC makes even worse from carnage and degen...anyway...2 down on mara..chieften nodes seems a duplicate of xoph's blood..lol.....jugg next....finger crossing.
Last edited by OFasO on Jun 2, 2019, 5:20:24 AM
"
herflik wrote:
All fine and dandy, but everybody forget about the super long ramp-up. Around 15sec of constant fighting to get max rage from 0. That is way to long. To get 20 blitz charges with the ramping -200% crit chance it will also take some time (and they last only 5sec, thats like nothing).

It will be way to slow for our gameplay (or it promote speed meta way to much, to lower the wait between packs as much as possible).

Rage should be generated at lest 2 times faster than they plan it now.
The blitz charge effects should be squished into 10 charges instead of 20 and the duration increased to standard 10 sec.

You will see how annoying those mechanics will be in game if you wont spec into super rapid moving rocketmen to not lose all those bonuses between packs/bosses.

Exactly my thoughts. Rage bonuses are basically non-existent in boss fights, and it looks like it could take you half a map to reach the 50 rage due to the 0.3 sec per rage limit that ticks together with the lose 1 rage per 0.5 sec.
So it will make your life easier for mapping,but vs bosses you will get like 10% of the bonus active most of the time (due to evading moves ,not hitting periods, etc).
Last edited by lolerman on Jun 2, 2019, 6:18:58 AM
Is it just me or GGG doesn't play its melee classes.

To force berserker to play safe = playing totems. Berskerer=Totems Berserker=totems Berserker=totems... Try to repeat this in your head a few times to come to most logical conclusion. Thank god for slayer cause seems to me that slayer and maybe chief for TS are only solid ascendancy that got "reworked" so far.

Post your death counts folks and tell us more about importance of dps, cause i think you wont have any whilst being dead.

"
Berskerer=Totems Berserker=totems Berserker=totems...

Those are some real angry totems.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
herflik wrote:
Right, the rage will be suistanable at high values after the initial ramp up.
Though the pigeonhole will be at the 20 blitz charges, since they require heavy investment into crit chance (really heavy, since they give +130% crit chance, but reduce on end -200%) and last only 5sec, after that they will all expire unlike rage.

5% life regen sems not to much, though people also forget that most of them will run with bloodrage with degen another few % (with can be mitigated on the other hand), but if you add those two degens up it starts to be bit much.

You can either do what most probably will do, so just counter it with heavy life leech during combat.
Outside of combat you can invest in some x% hp regen nodes on tree, usualy one of those nodes gives like 0,5% to 1% regen, so you need to waste like 7-8 skill points (+points to get to them) in order to counter the rage mechanics completly.

If you heavly spec into life regen you can even go up to like 50% life regen per sec (not kidding) though it require endurace charges, and there is no good way(non-annoying way) to do it in this ascendency, you just need to spam endurance cry.

Personaly I dont know if I would go for the "triple rage effect" or it is better to go for the "40% more dmg" node. 40% more dmg scale everything up, so I think in totall it will give way more bonuses than the "triple rage effect" and it wont have the degen downside. More damage taken can be countered, since it is mitigated by your defences.

Bloodrage will be pretty much pointless imo, since u get 116% inc. as or whatever it is from ascendancy with 50 rage. I don't care about extra 15 or what it is from blood rage.

Thanks for tips.

I'm going both ofc. These nodes are absolutely ridiculous imo, the insane triple rage & 40% more dmg ;)
Too many attack speed everywhere! It's not bad, just too many of the same.
Good luck to my favorite melee class - raider.
Blitz is a very bad node, honestly. 40% more attack speed (which is just more damage but works better for lgoh and leech) for 200% reduced crit chance? No, I'd rather take aspect of carnage (which I don't even want to take lol)

With that said, I kinda want to make a voidforge cyclone build with nodes 2, 8, 10, and 12 now. Though if node 10's rage generation doesn't feel fast enough while mapping (15 seconds to ramp up isn't way too much but it is a lot considering a whole map is 1.5 minutes, so we'll see), berserker may not actually be good enough yet.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 2, 2019, 9:48:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info