Here’s an early look at the Berserker Ascendancy in Path of Exile: Legion!

"
petxa wrote:
"
manowartank wrote:

Could you give us a POB link with this character at 8k HP? I tried and I hard-stuck in 6k

https://pastebin.com/3Sn7amjj

It is still far from perfect, but with 250% inc life from tree i can get 7500+ with random T2 rolls, -5% from ring and single abyss jewel, 8000 is possible if you go with other stronger helmet, freeing 2 extra jewels.

Sure 250k shaper dps isn't much, especially now with Berserker's possibly astronomical numbers, but i expect it to go a lot higher, at least 400k - 500k with some modifications thanks rage buff and double dmg chance.

Lastly, this is not some endgame Mathil's-uber-zerker, just an idea of "Abyssal Shouter" i wanted to test as it is more than just theory now, along with some fun quirks and features of 1970's muscle car :)
"
lolerman wrote:
"
herflik wrote:
All fine and dandy, but everybody forget about the super long ramp-up. Around 15sec of constant fighting to get max rage from 0. That is way to long. To get 20 blitz charges with the ramping -200% crit chance it will also take some time (and they last only 5sec, thats like nothing).

It will be way to slow for our gameplay (or it promote speed meta way to much, to lower the wait between packs as much as possible).

Rage should be generated at lest 2 times faster than they plan it now.
The blitz charge effects should be squished into 10 charges instead of 20 and the duration increased to standard 10 sec.

You will see how annoying those mechanics will be in game if you wont spec into super rapid moving rocketmen to not lose all those bonuses between packs/bosses.

Exactly my thoughts. Rage bonuses are basically non-existent in boss fights, and it looks like it could take you half a map to reach the 50 rage due to the 0.3 sec per rage limit that ticks together with the lose 1 rage per 0.5 sec.
So it will make your life easier for mapping,but vs bosses you will get like 10% of the bonus active most of the time (due to evading moves ,not hitting periods, etc).

you missed one word for when you start losing rage

"recently" this is 3 or 4 seconds(I forget which), so you will only start losing the rage after that time

can't be bothered to see if someone else said this after you posted(I stayed on this after going to sleep)
you are right, i missed it too.

recently is alway 4sec, so you have 4 sec before starting to loose rage, that's a lot easier to manage.
Guys how will Trypanon fit in this ? with both blitz and rage, for +40% MORE attack speed, +75% increased attack speed, lots of blitz from 100% crit, not having to invest in crit nodes, and potentially CoC ?
"
Guys how will Trypanon fit in this ? with both blitz and rage, for +40% MORE attack speed, +75% increased attack speed, lots of blitz from 100% crit, not having to invest in crit nodes, and potentially CoC ?

Still too low base attack speed. Would be almost impossible reaching 6,5 aps CoC cap. Also you only get bonus to melee physical damage, not spells. Including wasted nodes like Flawless Savagery 20-30 bonus.

Math:
You get only 87% ias from ascendancy. With some realistic 200% ias, you will have about 2,6 attacks per second (3,9 with cyclone). Much lwoer than 6,5 aps for CoC cap. You would need total 400% ias to hit that. Also with no spell bonuses from ascendancy whatsoever.

So, you can try some low-budget Cyclone Discharger with Voll's Protector + Voll's Devotion OR some broken busted strategy i don't know about. Other spells seems like waste of time.
"
manowartank wrote:
"

Still too low base attack speed. Would be almost impossible reaching 6,5 aps CoC cap. Also you only get bonus to melee physical damage, not spells. Including wasted nodes like Flawless Savagery 20-30 bonus.

Math:
You get only 87% ias from ascendancy. With some realistic 200% ias, you will have about 2,6 attacks per second (3,9 with cyclone). Much lwoer than 6,5 aps for CoC cap. You would need total 400% ias to hit that. Also with no spell bonuses from ascendancy whatsoever.

So, you can try some low-budget Cyclone Discharger with Voll's Protector + Voll's Devotion OR some broken busted strategy i don't know about. Other spells seems like waste of time.

Cyclone spins at attack speed and hits twice per spin, while having 50% more attack speed, meaning it hits 3 times as often as a default attack. It would be a truly pathetic ability with just 50% more attack speed at 56.4% base damage. That would be 15.4% less DPS than a default attack at gem level 20.

It should be quite possible for a Berserker to get to 6.666 APS with Trypanon. Your baseline on Cyclone would be 2.604 APS at 20 Blitz Charges, requiring 156% increased attack speed to hit the CoC cap.
Last edited by Joker on Jun 4, 2019, 5:12:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info