Is getting insulted trading a common thing here?

Then you are only few of them.... at least thats not happening with me... EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE with who i was trading stuffs was polite...

Sometimes i even just talk with them and they are pretty nice.... others just say thanks for trade... its normal... Well i didnt play this game for a while... but im pretty sure when i will come back nothing will be different.

But... in all games there are players who insult someone or group of people... and mby thats the reason.

I had some players who insulted me because my IGN was Trump.... something.... and they just didnt like my name and tried to trash me, but i didnt make any Topic about that stuff and didnt report them....

Its a game and you should be ready for these kind of haters. No matter if its a trade or they just dont like because of ur IGN name or you are just more skilled.
Last edited by PathOfExileLatvija on May 5, 2019, 1:30:13 PM
If somebody even tries to haggle on my fixed price i just tell them that i'm sorry but i dont run a charity service. that often stops them dead in their tracks and alot of times they'll end up ponying up the currency anyways. if not, i dont care, they can go pound sand. then i can move on with my life and they can move on to the next guy to try to cheap out a deal on.

makes absolutely no difference to me. im just not to spend 3 minutes going back and forth with some random dude trying to settle on a deal. if my shit doesnt sell i'll drop the prices at my own leisure if i really want it gone.

i play mainly in standard and i dont see too many of these guys though. either they want it, or they dont. alot of my stuff isnt really worth that much anyways and is fairly common so i wouldnt expect people to try to haggle me down anyways
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on May 5, 2019, 4:33:55 PM
Welcome to the world of internet, kids sitting behind the screen and typing all they want, just look at Global 1 channel.
"
KGF wrote:
Welcome to the world of internet, kids sitting behind the screen and typing all they want, just look at Global 1 channel.

The reason why i switch off global and even trading. If i want something i just look for it.... Sometimes its long way, but for me its better... you can always 100% van get what you want or close... so its win/win at least for me... global and trade channels are garbages lol. There is spams all day long.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Looks like a snowflake kinda issue to me honestly.

I did something, and someone called me an idiot. Let me whine to the forums and tell everyone, I feel offended and violated.

"
Sotilis wrote:
"
BrokenStrings wrote:
You know what bugs me the most? This gentlemen was selling exalted orbs and called me an idiot for 5 chaos... 5! What is 5 chaos for someone selling exalteds? I imagine it's nothing

If you know it's just 5 chaos then you should just pay 5 chaos more to avoid the drama, but I guess you are a flipper too ;)

This two replies basically.

Also, it is a rare people who like to deal with bargainers and beggars. If you behave like this then be ready to hear something like this.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on May 5, 2019, 6:18:40 PM
Don't be so sensitive and put them on ignore. Don't waste any time worrying about people like that.
"
are you the kind of guy who starts arguing with the cashier at the grocery store because you want 10 cents off a snickers bar?

cause that's how you come across to the seller.

The snickers has a fixed price. The exalt didn't have a fixed price.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Not say you're an idiot - that would be rude - but only an idiot would try to haggle when buying currency.
try to look from the opposite side

if someone listed his item for 145c without the"fixed price"
and then you whisper him try to buy that item
and then he reply 150c ok? it's just 5c more

what you gonna think? that guy is Idiot, right?

growth up.
Last edited by Ozxell on May 5, 2019, 9:09:03 PM
In general it is unwise to haggle on currency especially one as liquid as Chaos to Ex. For items yes, you can do so since there is no real benchmark.

Haggling on currency is bad form as very often what you are trying to do is getting a better deal than what the most competitive market price is at the time.

1) Goes to POE Currency
2) Enters: Buy Exalt. Sell Chaos
3) Choose the top offer which is the most competitive
4) Haggle on what is the best price at the time

The seller was being harsh but if you are in his position, you would feel that your time is being wasted as well. Would you accept 95 cents to the dollar? Highly unlikely. If the item is illiquid you could very well do discounts but not for items with clear benchmarks on an exchange like POE Currency.

Put such people on ignore. The trade community in general is quite nice. As with everything there is a learning process and unfortunately yours was unpleasant.
Last edited by DAKKONx on May 5, 2019, 10:20:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info