Is getting insulted trading a common thing here?

Some of the recent discussion in this thread has not been appropriate for the Path of Exile forums. Please keep your posts civil and in line with the Code of Conduct, or this thread could be at risk of being locked.
"
BrokenStrings wrote:
I was shopping for exalted orbs and I saw one posted 1 month ago without the "fixed price" for 145 chaos. I sent him the following message:

- Hi! Is 140 chaos for the exalted orb ok?

And then he just says:

- Idiot

What an illiterate wanker. I guess it is all fixed prices from now on.

It was my first time! I feel violated

You met idiot. Thats all. And its not common behaviour.

Beside fixed price means nothing. Many times ppl with fixed price bargain. Your offer was ok. He could answer "no", but he choose what he choose.. poor guy, isnt he?

gl
Last edited by Rexeos on May 5, 2019, 7:19:06 AM
"
BrokenStrings wrote:

You know what bugs me the most? This gentlemen was selling exalted orbs and called me an idiot for 5 chaos... 5! What is 5 chaos for someone selling exalteds? I imagine it's nothing

He called you an idiot because he was clearly price fixing, not selling those exalts. He had no intent in selling them at all, so he called you an idiot because you whispered to him in hope to buy exalts.
Wlecome to PoE trading system!
You diced if the words of other people have the power to insult you. Insulting others and being insulted are two different things.

Don't let yourself be insulted by someone calling you an idiot over nothing.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Well to be honest with you, if you are offended by being called an idiot and feel like you need to express that you got "violated" by a word (Speech/words can't equate to violence fyi), then idk how you even handle the internet or the real world to begin with.

Safe spaces doesn't exist and never will and never should. It might sound harsh, but I call a stick for a stick and not something else. Sometimes you will be called an idiot, sometimes you will be called alot of other things, some being severely worse. As long as people don't threaten you, then words are just words, nothing more. Just ignore them and move on, you do not need to give two shits about what anyone says or types. It's up to you if you want to be offended and make a huge deal out of it, or if you just wanna ignore it and move on with your life. I tend to choose the latter, much easier and more productive that way.
"
BrokenStrings wrote:
This game is full of illiterates! I clearly stated that it didn't had the "fixed price" and that I am a newbie. I only had 140, not 145, I'm not a flipper thing as someone said. Jesus Christ people can't read, same as the guy in the game, because if he knew how to read he would have put the currency in fixed price. Snowflake? I'm trying to see how toxic this community is, if it is bad as it seems I'll stay as far away as possible. Another thing, can't understand jokes either such as the violated thing because it was my first time trading.

I just turn chat off and play it as a single player game with a very buggy automated vendor system that works about 10% of the time. Most trades don't involve interaction beyond "ty" after completion so I can't tell human traders from a bot anyway.
are you the kind of guy who starts arguing with the cashier at the grocery store because you want 10 cents off a snickers bar?

cause that's how you come across to the seller.
First thing everybody should learn before trading is recognizing whether whatever they want to buy has negotiable or non-negotiable price.

Right now price for exalted orb vary from 143c(1 offer), to 150c(most offers).
It is very likely that he got quite a few pms already. If he would lower price to 144c spam would last till the item would disappear from market.
So haggling with you would only mean waste of time and currency for him.

Same goes for items in bulk. I dont even know how many times people wasted my time to negotiate price. If i sell for example 30x of one kind prophecy for 50c/10 while cheapest offer on market is 2c/each it doesnt mean i dont know price. You are paying for item + service tax because i provide you items in bulk so you don't have to waste time on trading for next one hour.

My favourite offer till this day is
"Hi i want to buy your watcher's eye listed for 12ex. Offer 1ex".
Like wtf, do you think i can spawn and kill uber elder but have no idea how to check poe.trade to see that even one stat would sell for ~6ex in super short time.
Last edited by karoollll2534 on May 5, 2019, 10:50:33 AM
I wouldn't call you idiot, if you offered 140 instead of 145.i would just just instant ignore you.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
I'm a haggler, I admit it.

Love to cut deals, shoot the shit, and turn buyers/sellers into potential allies and *gasp* friends.

If I'm selling garbage resonators at 5/c or 10/c, likely I just want them out of my stash tab and I'm willing to let some extras go, especially if I sense the guy isn't going to turn right round and resell them but I have no way of knowing for sure, and for 0.2c I hardly care.

If someone is hammering me with cheaper offers on this I might take it just to be rid of them, but what I want out of the deal and what he wants out of the deal are pretty different things. I'd like a steady income from low-rent mining junk. He might be a reseller or a crafting nut and I want to cultivate a number of these latter guys who really use this shit, so I'll bend and waffle and offer value-added throwins.

If I'm selling a double corrupt legacy shavs with 6 gleaming white Lipizzaner sockets in harness, I'm less likely to bend on a fixed price. I know what he wants, he knows what I want, and it's unlikely he will be a repeat customer, for a big-ticket item. That said, if he's at all social, we can chat about his build, etc.

The only folks I outright ignore are the ones who want it for free, or pull me out of maps and delve repeatedly to troll me or no-show or otherwise waste my time.

Thankfully, that's not many, and you have to read your seller/client quickly and well to make that decision. My confidence level in reading intent over the internet is low so I do give people a chance.

Some cultures are much better at negotiation. I come from a no-negotiation "WYSIWYG" culture, but married into one where negotiation and haggling and the like are a much bigger and more accepted part of everyday business.

Having done my share of sales in both types of settings, I've come to prefer the latter, simply because it cannot help but build community and create social ties.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info