Is getting insulted trading a common thing here?

I was shopping for exalted orbs and I saw one posted 1 month ago without the "fixed price" for 145 chaos. I sent him the following message:

- Hi! Is 140 chaos for the exalted orb ok?

And then he just says:

- Idiot

What an illiterate wanker. I guess it is all fixed prices from now on.

It was my first time! I feel violated
Last edited by BrokenStrings on May 5, 2019, 4:06:52 AM
Last bumped on May 8, 2019, 6:07:11 AM
Player interaction <3
Last edited by FedeS on May 5, 2019, 4:56:09 PM
You should be happy that he has answered :)
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
BrokenStrings wrote:
I was shopping for exalted orbs and I saw one posted 1 month ago without the "fixed price" for 145 chaos. I sent him the following message:

And then he just says:

- Idiot

You are right, if the price is not fixed and you start your "game of haggling" very often the other player is right away offended or instead of just making a counter offer starts telling u all kind of nice things. The best thing that can happen is: you just don't get any reply or they put u on ignore right away. I guess western people are just not used to that. Chinese for instance have no problem with haggling at all.

edit: I removed the "even" as it makes no sense in that sentence.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on May 5, 2019, 6:40:19 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
BrokenStrings wrote:

And then he just says:

- Idiot

You are right, even if the price is not fixed and you start your "game of haggling" very often the other player is right away offended or instead of just making a counter offer starts telling u all kind of nice things. The best thing that can happen is: you just don't get any reply or they put u on ignore right away. I guess western people are just not used to that. Chinese for instance have no problem with that at all.

You know what bugs me the most? This gentlemen was selling exalted orbs and called me an idiot for 5 chaos... 5! What is 5 chaos for someone selling exalteds? I imagine it's nothing
Looks like a snowflake kinda issue to me honestly.

I did something, and someone called me an idiot. Let me whine to the forums and tell everyone, I feel offended and violated.

Some people are not nice, especially on the interwebz. That's life man.
"
BrokenStrings wrote:

You know what bugs me the most? This gentlemen was selling exalted orbs and called me an idiot for 5 chaos... 5! What is 5 chaos for someone selling exalteds? I imagine it's nothing

maybe he was a real currency flipper and had paid 144 for his exalts.

btw, haggling for 1 exalt never gets you anywhere.. maybe if you buy 10 you might get that 5c off
d:-D*
"
BrokenStrings wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
BrokenStrings wrote:

And then he just says:

- Idiot

You are right, even if the price is not fixed and you start your "game of haggling" very often the other player is right away offended or instead of just making a counter offer starts telling u all kind of nice things. The best thing that can happen is: you just don't get any reply or they put u on ignore right away. I guess western people are just not used to that. Chinese for instance have no problem with that at all.

If you know it's just 5 chaos then you should just pay 5 chaos more to avoid the drama, but I guess you are a flipper too ;)
"
BrokenStrings wrote:

Look, there are people, who hate haggling. Me, for example :)
Such people sometimes misclick and instead of "fixed price" click on something else, so they do not even know that the price is not "fixed", but they hate haggling all the time.

Later, someone tries to haggle with them. The first reflex is to throw such a dude on an ignore list. But!! As everyone knows, the ignore list is very limited. That is why they sometimes try to make the person who tries to bargain with them put them on their ignore list :P It's a lot of space saving on your ignore list :)

And it is simple. For example - you try to haggle with me. I insult you, you get mad, you throw me on your ignore list. In this way, I get rid of you without littering my ignore list. Easy.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
Last edited by srogi_kotek on May 5, 2019, 5:11:33 AM
I don't know what to tell you - if it says fixed price why try and haggle? If 5 chaos isn't much - just pay it if you're paying 140, an extra 5 chaos is an extra 3.5%.
Last edited by Nathomate on May 5, 2019, 5:09:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info