Is getting insulted trading a common thing here?

"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
Don't be so sensitive and put them on ignore. Don't waste any time worrying about people like that.

Good overall rule but especially when you're in sales

"SW^3"

"Some will. Some won't. So what?" and you move on.

Sometimes you hit someone who has had a bad day, other times you hit someone who is a dyed-in-the-wool asshole, thankfully those are less common and you back off and find someone else. You're not there to teach them a manners lesson, nor are any other players, you just want to trade and be done so you can go back to grinding whatever.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
every time i post something for sale its with a fixed price.
every time someone tries to offer me something that is not the exact price i FIXED it at, i think the same thing: idiot.
i just don't say anything. never reply. just continue with my day.

also, good thing being called an idiot is NOTHING like actually being violated
"
xMustard wrote:
every time i post something for sale its with a fixed price.
every time someone tries to offer me something that is not the exact price i FIXED it at, i think the same thing: idiot.
i just don't say anything. never reply. just continue with my day.

also, good thing being called an idiot is NOTHING like actually being violated

I don't think they are idiots but if they seriously lowball me I just put em on ignore.
"
BrokenStrings wrote:
I was shopping for exalted orbs and I saw one posted 1 month ago without the "fixed price" for 145 chaos. I sent him the following message:

- Hi! Is 140 chaos for the exalted orb ok?

And then he just says:

- Idiot

What an illiterate wanker. I guess it is all fixed prices from now on.

It was my first time! I feel violated

It's not about him being illiterate - note your response was an immediate insult, failing to consider that your offer was potentially offensive.

It's one thing to haggle a bit over a niche high value item that may or may not sell. It's another thing to try and haggle over something (like currency) when the market determines the value pretty firmly.

Everyone wants a deal, that includes the sellers too. In the seller's position I'd be annoyed too - if you have spent enough time to invest in an exalt, you should already expect to pay at the current going rates dictated by the market.
Yep, totally over league play.
Haggling on items that are hard to put a value on is more than ok. Haggling for currency is just silly. I agree with whoever posted response to OP.

It's hard to be compassionate to people who act like dicks. I know. But please believe me when I tell you that's the most important situation in which to exercise compassion.

In this case you have someone who thinks you wronged them by haggling on currency, and while the correct response would have been, "Please pay market price, OK?" instead this person called you an idiot.

This is someone who has piss-poor skill in responding to lowball offers (which very often turn into profitable negotiations when handled skillfully) and thus is probably doing much more poorly in the game than others who actually know how to deal with people.

So have compassion. This person probably has similar problems in real life.

Compassion is pragmatic! Two reasons:

1. It helps you deal with people like this in ongoing negotiations.
2. It keeps you from harboring resentment that only hurts yourself.

Think about it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
It's hard to be compassionate to people who act like dicks. I know. But please believe me when I tell you that's the most important situation in which to exercise compassion.

In this case you have someone who thinks you wronged them by haggling on currency, and while the correct response would have been, "Please pay market price, OK?" instead this person called you an idiot.

This is someone who has piss-poor skill in responding to lowball offers (which very often turn into profitable negotiations when handled skillfully) and thus is probably doing much more poorly in the game than others who actually know how to deal with people.

So have compassion. This person probably has similar problems in real life.

Compassion is pragmatic! Two reasons:

1. It helps you deal with people like this in ongoing negotiations.
2. It keeps you from harboring resentment that only hurts yourself.

Think about it.

+1

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
If someone offered you 95 cents for your dollar would you accept?

Don't lowball currency trades.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info